CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is the H3 hardcore playlist only TS? I've played like 10 games thus far, all of them slayer. 

Is the H3 hardcore playlist only TS? I've played like 10 games thus far, all of them slayer. 

Everyone's excitement over UGC made everyone forget that 343 made Slayer show up much more in the ranked playlists.

They gotta fuck up somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Community: Dear 343, Host a Halo 3 tournament

343: Nah, deal with 3 years of Halo 5

Community: Please a Halo 3 tourney?

343: Okay here's a Halo 3 2v2 Tourney LOL SUCK IT

Community: Okay we watched that more than any Halo 3 tournament in the last 2 years can we have a Halo 3 4v4 tourney now?

343: ...A what?

Community TO: Hey, I'll do it.  32 teams though.

Community: FULL

Community TO: Okay 64?

Community TO: ...96?

Community: We can go all day, man.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Community: Okay we watched that more than any Halo 3 tournament in the last 2 years can we have a Halo 3 4v4 tourney now?

Roy: Streams Halo 3 on a Saturday night, goes on 300 sub train and pulls 1400 viewers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair 343 provided all the prize money and is doing all of the promotion for this event. Also tashi said 343 is gonna run their own halo 3 events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, "deal with 3 years of Halo 5" is a bit different than "brand new game, Halo World Championship, X-Games, millions of dollars, etc". Not saying we did everything right - just not exactly how it was portrayed above.

I think people just say the quoted bit because that's how it felt to be someone who just genuinely enjoys classic Halo but not the new movement/map stuff. Obviously that wasn't the intention because that would just be dumb but I think its important for both sides to understand each other

Tashi, 343 has done a tremendous job with Halo 5 across the board.

I honestly believe the "love" for "classic Halo" is rooted in nostalgia and memories of fond times in life.

Halo 5 was the perfect step in the right direction for the series and I have hope that Halo: Infinite will be amazing and exceed my expectations!

P.S. Please add a competitive Halo 4 playlist to the Master Chief Collection.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 32

I honestly believe the "love" for "classic Halo" is rooted in nostalgia and memories of fond times in life.

Halo 5 was the perfect step in the right direction for the series and I have hope that Halo: Infinite will be amazing and exceed my expectations!

Let me guess, H4 was your first Halo game and you think Halo 1 and 2 suck because "bad graphics"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL

No.

I was a freshman in college when Halo: Combat Evolved was released.

I didn't say anything negative about Halo 1 or 2 in my post.

Next time think harder and guess better.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I dont think its all nostalgia, its a want for better settings. 2 world championships on ARs and radar alongside no weapon balances in that period kinda drove people mad.

Hell the sniper alone makes me prefer h3 over h5 from

a competition stand point. I respect the fact people enjoy h5, its a good game and some stuff was a great move indeed, just for myself and others its not the competitive shooter we grew up with, yes some nostalgia is there but to say its all rooted memories is wrong. A good competitive game to get people both playing and watching is what classic gameplay does imo, heres hoping Infinite gives us all what we are after!

• Upvote (+1) 7

v0gZ221.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

tenor.gif?itemid=3462003

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

v0gZ221.png

I seriously have so many photos that’s could be used as emotes that you guys haven’t seen

• Upvote (+1) 5

What's funny is Halo 5 tourneys are wildly entertaining to watch.

What's funnier is that there aren't any pro Halo 5 players on here whining about broken gameplay and the need for "Classic Halo." If there were than the argument against mine might hold a little weight. But there aren't.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 20

Halo 5 has had some epic highs right out of the gate, but it's been in a downward spiral for a while, which is frustrating from both a player and a fan perspective.  Support dropped on all sides -- developer, tournament, communication, player, and fan.  But it's still been the only thing on the plate until recently.

ahhh okay, you're blaming H5 for losing your job with Team Liquid ... I guess I'd be angry too