CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There were some really good forge maps on Sandbox (plus better looking remakes of Amplified and Onslaught) that 100% should've been tested. Citadel has potential as a CTF or KOTH map for sure. Assault might be interesting, but H3's version of Assault is kind of dumb in the sense that the bomb is always armed instantly (or there's no warning the enemy is arming, I forgot which one it was). It's not completely dysfunctional like all gametypes in H4 bar TS/Extraction, but it still severely limits the gametype.

IMO, Pit and Isolation KOTH should def be considered for rotation again, Heretic Ball was also great, but IIRC the spawns sucked so it was cut.

Btw this has been discussed before:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/3439-halo-3-v9-settings/

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10109-new-halo-3-harcore-settings/

And the majority of people were of the opinion to just leave it as is. Makes it easier for people coming back to get into it.

Honestly some of these maps look really good

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/mlg-h3-forge-forum-map-pack.86047/

I hope @@Tashi sees this and at least considers updating the v8 map pool maybe sometime after the first few events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just out of curiosity/to continue some of the conversations - are there any gametypes/maps that people feel should be tested to add into what are now the "classic" MLG V8 settings? Past game types re-tested? New gametypes on current maps i.e. Assault on Heretic? Of course these options are limited.

This would be strictly to add to the MLG V8 settings - I think the V8 settings are fine but I also think it would be interesting to see what could added to break the mold a bit - similar to new maps being added into the rotation in Counter-Strike.

Statusphere Free-For-All

Smart-Select-20181124-163614-Twitch.jpg

I'll try to get a real picture of the actual map soon. It should be in my old gamrrtag's file share.

What was the foundry map that was used for oddball that was used for a part of the mlg pro circuit. Was it MLG Lockdown or something like that?

What was the foundry map that was used for oddball that was used for a part of the mlg pro circuit. Was it MLG Lockdown or something like that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly some of these maps look really good

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/mlg-h3-forge-forum-map-pack.86047/

I hope @@Tashi sees this and at least considers updating the v8 map pool maybe sometime after the first few events.

Yes exactly these. I always loved Sandbox's aesthetic and it would be really nice to seem them on the comp rotation, even though it's a long shot for these to get selected, tested, maybe improved and added to the rotation for an event that's only a few months away.

Yes Lockdown. I liked it but apparently most people hated it so it was removed.

Roy says he will be attending UGC and is trying to figure out his team situation. He also mentioned Lunchbox is a possibility and that he has been grinding too.  :ace:  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 7

roy: im gonna hop on and stream for a bit

community: 

We gotta make him stay

• Upvote (+1) 7

This day had made me shed a tear. My favorite player returning and streaming. Fucking amazing

Love this community

Would love to see the OG Evil Geniuses squad of RoyBox + Snipedown and Pistola team for St. Louis. The hype was crazy when there were rumors about their teaming when they were playing H2A together around the time MCC came out.

• Upvote (+1) 1