CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At this rate Puckett's going to be casting, Faruq's going to come out and lock it up, and Roybox and company are going to show up and take 1st place. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just out of curiosity/to continue some of the conversations - are there any gametypes/maps that people feel should be tested to add into what are now the "classic" MLG V8 settings? Past game types re-tested? New gametypes on current maps i.e. Assault on Heretic? Of course these options are limited.

This would be strictly to add to the MLG V8 settings - I think the V8 settings are fine but I also think it would be interesting to see what could added to break the mold a bit - similar to new maps being added into the rotation in Counter-Strike. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Strongholds is a straight upgrade in king if the hill

The two both highly very different skillsets, but I'd mark them as both the best gametypes available, because they're the only gametypes that actually outline that all gameplay is focused on controlling space.

In King of the Hill, it's cut and dry there is one space on the map to control and other team members should focus on locking down routes to contest that space.  You hold a set-up for as long as you can, and when it comes time for the hill to move, you lock down new space.  Rotations are strict and focused solely around where the hill will go.

In Strongholds, there are three spaces on the map to control, but you don't have to remain in a static location in order to control them.  You capture them, and move on, meaning there are situations where your team can invade enemy-controlled space, capture it, and still be in control of what you already captured.  So it becomes a constant weighing of strong versus weak side of the map -- anywhere you're stronger, you push.  Anywhere you're weaker, you slow play and try to hold.  It's a faster gametype than KotH and requires more snap decisions than methodical play.

I still think both are better than Slayer/CTF but tradition will guarantee those two are never dislodged.  "It's how it's always been." is too important.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just out of curiosity/to continue some of the conversations - are there any gametypes/maps that people feel should be tested to add into what are now the "classic" MLG V8 settings? Past game types re-tested? New gametypes on current maps i.e. Assault on Heretic? Of course these options are limited.

This would be strictly to add to the MLG V8 settings - I think the V8 settings are fine but I also think it would be interesting to see what could added to break the mold a bit - similar to new maps being added into the rotation in Counter-Strike. 

Heretic bomb would be one, yeah. As for adding maps, Citadel with changes to weapons & geometry could be tested I guess, no idea about forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know how viable this would be, but I always wondered what Halo 3 would play like with maps and gametypes from Halo 2. Like if a really good Forge version of Sanctuary could be made, that's another slayer and CTF that could be added in at the very least. If Lockout could be redone, that's now an additional oddball where before there's just Guardian. Same thing with Warlock except that map supports multiple gametypes. Beaver Creek would be another one that supports multiple gametypes, and hasn't been seen in forever. Obviously this would require really good Forgers to do the maps, but I think it could be cool. This is more of just a shower thought than an actual suggestion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Heretic bomb would be one, yeah. As for adding maps, Citadel with changes to weapons & geometry could be tested I guess, no idea about forge maps.

Citadel needs a change to make those weird attics an intended part of the geometry and it could be great (turns them into a power position to pressure default flag areas).

• Upvote (+1) 2

There were some really good forge maps on Sandbox (plus better looking remakes of Amplified and Onslaught) that 100% should've been tested. Citadel has potential as a CTF or KOTH map for sure. Assault might be interesting, but H3's version of Assault is kind of dumb in the sense that the bomb is always armed instantly (or there's no warning the enemy is arming, I forgot which one it was). It's not completely dysfunctional like all gametypes in H4 bar TS/Extraction, but it still severely limits the gametype.

IMO, Pit and Isolation KOTH should def be considered for rotation again, Heretic Ball was also great, but IIRC the spawns sucked so it was cut.

Btw this has been discussed before:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/3439-halo-3-v9-settings/

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10109-new-halo-3-harcore-settings/

And the majority of people were of the opinion to just leave it as is. Makes it easier for people coming back to get into it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At this rate Puckett's going to be casting, Faruq's going to come out and lock it up, and Roybox and company are going to show up and take 1st place. 

How about an appearance from Julie Alexandria? PLEASE

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wanted to pipe in to say that I LOVE how much more active this forum has gotten compared to the weeks following up to DreamHack. So stoked for H3

• Upvote (+1) 5

Take out Amplified and Onslaught for the love of God.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

What I see here is big nostalgia trip. That is fine, but we must have good new halo game if we want to get new players in. Only Doctor can travel back i time to 2009.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If we get another big H3 event next year sometime I’m gonna get a big Airbnb and you’re all invited.

BEYOND HOUSE

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just find the opinions of many of the people in this sub to be completely laughable.  Can't really take a lot of it seriously when most of these people don't compete in Halo or have never really supported the scene other than watch H5 twitch streams  :simms:

Hate to break it to you but the thousands of people who watch online are just as critical to Halo esport's success as the few hundred who have attended each tournament. You could try to argue in circles about who is the one propping the scene up but the reality is that they are codependent and that tournaments need both players and viewers. 

Also related, just because you've been to tournaments doesn't make your opinions more valid. There are some who have gone to tournaments and competed that are all for sprint Halo and spartan abilities. I don't know what side of those arguments you stand on but players holding either have attended tournaments all the same.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So many quitters and team killers on MCC. only 1 normal game out of my first 5  :mj:

I had a game where a guy betrayed me for sniper, took it, went on to charge somebody in a bubble shield and died, allowing me to pick it back up pretty much off spawn lol. That team kill ended up being my only death, so... GG teammate I guess.

lmao if faruq came out that'd be awesome

UGC passes are officially sold out, again. I can't believe the hype around this event. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yo did you guys see the newest teaser trailer for the Halo Infinite  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yo did you guys see the newest teaser trailer for the Halo Infinite  :kappa:

If Halo Infinite turns out to be at least 75% of how good this movie is going to be, we are going to be in good fucking shape.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Normally I hate movies in the form of remakes and reboots. They just seem so lazy to me, and usually they fall way short of the originals. That being said, the Disney live action movies are the exception to that rule. The Jungle Book was amazing, The Lion King is going to be fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to Aladdin as well. I just wish Robin Williams was still here to voice The Genie. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there considering changing something for the next event then remove the spread on the BR this should be entirely possible with the source code.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If Halo Infinite turns out to be at least 75% of how good this movie is going to be, we are going to be in good fucking shape.

Live action Disney movies doesn't have the best track record, so it being at least 75% as good as it is probably going to be easy.

What I'd like to know though is why they only brought back JEJ, seems a bit unfair to the other VA's.

• Upvote (+1) 1