CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Going to halo 3 is nothing but a good thing for HCS. Tons of hype around it rn. Don't really see why there is even arguing about this at this point. Also, there isnt one set game anymore, its whatever game tournament organizers want to run.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Going to halo 3 is nothing but a good thing for HCS. Tons of hype around it rn. Don't really see why there is even arguing about this at this point. Also, there isnt one set game anymore, its whatever game tournament organizers want to run.

i dont see any big tournaments happening for other games after other organizers see how easily UGC has sold as many team passes as they have

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine having a strong opinion on classic competitive Halo but you've never been to a tournament and have never even competed online :wutface:

r u ok m8?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so excited to see Halo 1/2/3 tournaments.

Just the thought of it is putting a fire in my belly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The only hindrance I see for this event is the low prize pool. I recall an event with a similar prize pool and a bunch of pros didn't go, however that was H5.

The only hindrance I see for this event is the low prize pool. I recall an event with a similar prize pool and a bunch of pros didn't go, however that was H5.

Think this is a situation where if people actually show and viewership is good, we could see more investment in the future for H3 events.

• Upvote (+1) 8

why wouldn't UGC do crowdfunding?  honestly I don't understand why crowdfunding isn't part of literally every esports event

• Upvote (+1) 7

why wouldn't UGC do crowdfunding?  honestly I don't understand why crowdfunding isn't part of literally every esports event

Tweet them the idea!

• Upvote (+1) 2

team passes are up to $200 from $150. better get your tickets now if you want to play before they go up again. i tweeted ugc to ask if the extra sales will bump prize pool

• Upvote (+1) 1

It depends on your perception and the implementation. Done well it drives fan engagement, provides 'free' advertising while increasing the prize pool. Done poorly it falls flat or just looks like begging. If every esports event did it, the differences would be much more apparent.

That said, this kind to revival event is perfect for crowdfunding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The most interesting thing to see is if a good percentage of teams show up to the UGC tournament.

Also to see if this is a one time thing or will people continue sign up to future H3 tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm very interested to see how viewership is for UGC.  Hopefully it's strong enough to warrant some bigger prize pools in the future.  I can't see pros who are used to make 100k+ a year stick around to make chump change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Strongholds is a straight upgrade in king if the hill

Strongholds is good. But it really isn't comparable to KOTH. The two are like inverse concepts of each other.

r u ok m8?

I just find the opinions of many of the people in this sub to be completely laughable.  Can't really take a lot of it seriously when most of these people don't compete in Halo or have never really supported the scene other than watch H5 twitch streams  :simms:

• Downvote (-1) 14

I just find the opinions of many of the people in this sub to be completely laughable. Can't really take a lot of it seriously when most of these people don't compete in Halo or have never really supported the scene other than watch H5 twitch streams :simms:

what’s hilarious about this is that of all the places on the internet, this thread is literally the only place where a majority of posters actually HAVE competed or supported the scene (e.g., I attended MLG DC 2010 and three MS Store events)

• Upvote (+1) 6

what’s hilarious about this is that of all the places on the internet, this thread is literally the only place where a majority of posters actually HAVE competed or supported the scene (e.g., I attended MLG DC 2010 and three MS Store events)

Yeah, that's why we should limit it even more. I mean, imagine having a strong opinion on classic competetive Halo but you've never even placed 1st in a 4v4 MLG event from 2005.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 5