CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Uhhhhhhh

220px-Halo-_Reach_box_art.png

by the end of it's life reach had more viable comp settings than h3. Should've had them at launch but it is what it is.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

by the end of it's life reach had more viable comp settings than h3. Should've had them at launch but it is what it is.

The absolute state of this

I never understood the love for Reach. People will tell me no sprint no bloom was good but to me it's the game that ruined Halo. Granted I never actually tried no sprint no bloom Reach, I was long gone before then. 

With that said I'm super excited for the Halo 3 revival. Been playing customs the past few days and it feels like 2009 again  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I greatly preferred ZBNS Reach to H3 for the simple fact that I can't stand non hitscan utility weapons. H3 is by far the better spectator experience though. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

If UGC allow it, do you think we can get 128 teams to the UGC H3 LAN?

#BELIEVE

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have no objections to agreeing that ZBNS v7 Reach is better than Halo 3 on a core gameplay level. But lets be serious here, we had exactly one/two (if you count non-MLG events) ZBNS Reach event(s) and a bunch full of bloom and armor abilities. If you're gonna argue that vanilla Reach was a better game than Halo 3, you're out of your mind.

Maybe if the games worked like the originals you might've been right

I mainly just mean that this upcoming StL tourney might be the start of something bigger in terms of events for h3 if it does really well. But first we gotta know the tournament support the game will get. Maybe this will be similar to the story of melee, people thought it would stop being played due to new smash titles coming out but once the tourney support for the game became known it remained being played, even to this day.

In theory nbns reach would be better than H3, but that was ruined by the lack of quality maps

the pure grey custom maps were amazingly awful

• Upvote (+1) 5

Imagine having a strong opinion on classic competitive Halo but you've never been to a tournament and have never even competed online :wutface:

Going to a tournament doesn’t make you more entitled to an opinion than someone who hasn’t you thick cunt. The logic of some people is astounding..

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Imagine having a strong opinion on classic competitive Halo but you've never been to a tournament and have never even competed online  :wutface:

65apDgZ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the pure grey custom maps were amazingly awful

I hope you're not talking about that badass map with the waterfall, symmetrical bases, and the grenade launcher...

Cause that shit was BALLER.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never understood the love for Reach. People will tell me no sprint no bloom was good but to me it's the game that ruined Halo. Granted I never actually tried no sprint no bloom Reach, I was long gone before then.

With that said I'm super excited for the Halo 3 revival. Been playing customs the past few days and it feels like 2009 again :walshy:

Don’t sweat it, the game gets 50x more hate. It’s hardly a popular opinion people saying Reach was a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

More passes incoming

I'm amazed that they had an event where they were comfortable at 32 teams, but had the ability to expand to 64, and apparently have the ability to expand yet again.

Like what type of venue do they have where they have so much expandable space? Props to them, this is insane.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I would put the colour of the viewer experience in H2A between pickle and seaweed, christ even the skyboxes were dark. The clarity and general aesthetic of the H3 2v2 gameplay at the event was night and day from that of the H5 event. CoMpEtIvE iNtEgRiTy is debatable but what isn't debatable is that people are will to watch Halo3 and more importantly people are willing to turn up and play Halo3.

I hope some older teams/players turn up. I am fucking hyped and will be letting everyone I know who used to play this game about this event.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm amazed that they had an event where they were comfortable at 32 teams, but had the ability to expand to 64, and apparently have the ability to expand yet again.

Like what type of venue do they have where they have so much expandable space? Props to them, this is insane.

It’s a pretty good sized convention hall. They’ve had some events where they’ve used half of the room and others where they used the entire room. :)

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have no objections to agreeing that ZBNS v7 Reach is better than Halo 3 on a core gameplay level. But lets be serious here, we had exactly one/two (if you count non-MLG events) ZBNS Reach event(s) and a bunch full of bloom and armor abilities. If you're gonna argue that vanilla Reach was a better game than Halo 3, you're out of your mind.

Good thing I'm not arguing that then. H3 is a less flawed game if we're talking just vanilla settings only.

Although I will say bloom, as shitty as it was, is a better concept than random spread since you can actually make the gun shoot where you want and get consistent hits. It's slow as chode but it is more consistent.

Which is pretty sad if you ask me.