CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Personally I think there is a lot of pride on the line more than nostalgia. I think the nostalgia factor will come in the form of viewership.

Pride as in what exactly? To me, the community has been so vocal about classic Halo--that when we were given the opportunity, I think everyone wants to show that the scene has been here, waiting. I hope others hop on to the grass roots plan--building up the fan base from the ground up can be a very fun experiment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm thankful that halo 5 is dead and a classic halo tournament is selling out passes.

QFT.

Not gonna lie, kinda hyped to attend H3/H2 or even CE events.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So Optic Hitch put this tease on twitter couple days ago. Would be super sick if he made this Halo documentary happen!

• Upvote (+1) 7

They sold out 64 team passes in a little over an hour. 

IN 2018!!!!

Is this nostalgia or is it genuine interest in competing and being the best in H3?

What a time to be alive.

I'd also throw in that people genuinely like playing H3(and CE & 2 as well, though they might not sell out quite as fast).

The news got me to play MCC again, and apart from lag some games(mostly in H2) and some glitches + H3's BR spread I've had a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Optic Hitch put this tease on twitter couple days ago. Would be super sick if he made this Halo documentary happen!

https://twitter.com/OpTicHitch/status/1064216504856657921?s=19

I noticed that in the FB section on Ogre 2's page he has written "Walshy, Side(Saiyan), 1gre."

I hope he doesn't think Strongside and Saiyan are the same person.

On a different note, I'm excited to see if he goes through with this documentary.

I noticed that in the FB section on Ogre 2's page he has written "Walshy, Side(Saiyan), 1gre."

I hope he doesn't think Strongside and Saiyan are the same person.

On a different note, I'm excited to see if he goes through with this documentary.

Probably more to reflect who was on the team at the end of it all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope the guys who lan CE take advantage of this grassroots thing and CE continues to gets more exposure. I was excited for the H3 2v2 showdown because I’m excited for classic halo to make a comeback but watching games end before the score limit in a game that’s only played to 25 was painful. CE really is the superior Halo for 2v2. It plays sooo much faster and has way more depth. Here’s to hoping that more people start to realize this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IN 2018!!!!

Is this nostalgia or is it genuine interest in competing and being the best in H3?

What a time to be alive.

Maybe Master Chief Collection is our Super Smash Brothers Melee. The smash community still plays it competitively at big tourneys and it's been out since 2001. 

Happy thanksgiving everybody, and remember, this year pie is literally more healthy for you than salad. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe Master Chief Collection is our Super Smash Brothers Melee. The smash community still plays it competitively at big tourneys and it's been out since 2001. 

Maybe if the games worked like the originals you might've been right

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can only see these classic events doubling halo 5’s numbers which will be cool and all but in the grand scheme of things it’s still a bit meh.. we hardly gonna start getting melee,lol,csgo,fortnite views, just for going back to halo 3!

IN 2018!!!!

What a time to be alive.

For me personally as a viewer I find a no-scope in H3 more exciting than a no-scope in H5. 

I think it'll take time to get to smash melee numbers. Some people still don't know what's happening in the Halo world right now (and probably for the next 2 - 3 months), these tourneys and programs have to keep going for at least half a year and to keep this hype momentum.

I wonder how the pros that only came from halo 4 and onward will fare with and feel about halo 3. Will the lack of sprint/abilities and slower pace of the game take away from how well they do. Will they not enjoy the game? I hope they see how much better H3 is to the newer games.

A multikill in H3 feels so much more rewarding than h5, same with snipes and grenade plays

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can only see these classic events doubling halo 5’s numbers which will be cool and all but in the grand scheme of things it’s still a bit meh.. we hardly gonna start getting melee,lol,csgo,fortnite views, just for going back to halo 3!

Halo needs a better game if we want better viewership. Siege launched at the same time, has a very similar way that tournaments are run, and it was pulling 221k peak viewers during the Season 8 Finals (Which were on at the same time as the Halo 5 HCS Finals, and it wasn't flashing a million dollar prize pool, as its first million dollar tournament is early next year.)

Consistent tournaments on a popular game will pull numbers. Halo Infinite on PC (if it ever releases outside the Windows Store) with a higher base movement speed, no spartan abilities and 0 bullet magnetism or aim assist could prove to be an incredibly popular formula and imo would make the Halo scene grow bigger than its been in 10 years. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how the pros that only came from halo 4 and onward will fare with and feel about halo 3. Will the lack of sprint/abilities and slower pace of the game take away from how well they do. Will they not enjoy the game? I hope they see how much better H3 is to the newer games.

A multikill in H3 feels so much more rewarding than h5, same with snipes and grenade plays

I'm sure a lot of them are worried. It's one thing to enjoy a game, but it's another to have grinded a game during its competitive heyday and perform at the highest level. For a lot of these guys, even though H5 wasn't enough to support them fully financially, they built their lives around competing in it, both online and at LANs. Now the scene will be switched for a year to a game that was in its prime when they weren't even teenagers, with a significantly different playstyle and meta. From their POV, I'm guessing there's a lot of uncertainty about what they do with their life the next year. 

I really hope the guys who lan CE take advantage of this grassroots thing and CE continues to gets more exposure. I was excited for the H3 2v2 showdown because I’m excited for classic halo to make a comeback but watching games end before the score limit in a game that’s only played to 25 was painful. CE really is the superior Halo for 2v2. It plays sooo much faster and has way more depth. Here’s to hoping that more people start to realize this.

it can happen in ce but yeah, not every game will go to time like h3 did.

Oddball on original h3 settings is the last fun I've ever had on a halo game

So you’re thankful for competitive settings? :)