CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anybody look through the grassroots application yet? I don't think it's under NDA, I had to signin with my gamertag otherwise it seemed to be public.

Anyway, when asking what game you'll be using for your tournament, they only have the following options.

Halo 5: Guardians

MCC: Halo 3

MCC: Halo CE/2/4/ODST

Halo Wars 1/2

Halo: Reach

Fireteam Raven

Streamer or content creator fills in what game they most produce content for, it has the previous options as well as

Halo 3: ODST

Other

EDIT: Alright all of you old school kids are safe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How many teams do you would think would come if it were an open like MLG would have? 128?

I think 128 is the realistic max for a Midwest event

Anyone know where I can find a MCC/Halo 3 octagon at? 

Search the GT RUSTYNA1LZ, should be on at the bottom of his map variant list.

I haven't tested to confirm, but GT The Computer has both a map and gametype variant for octagon in his file share.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Golden Invitational is happening!!!

I’m going to apply for Grassroots to run online tournaments for most Halo titles and we’re going to just capture the gameplay through the “Fortnite method” of basically screen grabbing the gameplay from individual streams.

Ideally I want all participants to stream and I’ll provide the initial funds for the prize pool (thinking $1000) and we’ll crowdfund from there. It may not be much but it’s something for the community and I think it could grow into something special.

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

I've made multiple post on Beyond about how I wasn't around for it but from watching old MLG VoDs CE 1v1 became my favorite flavor of competitive Halo of all time. I've always hoped that a Beach LAN announcement would result in a CE 1v1 tournament, but never got my hopes up since I never thought a CE 1v1 tournament would ever exist. Now there's an option to search MCC:CE 1v1 in matchmaking (even if I can't get a CE 1v1 match) and my hopes are up for there possibly being a MCC:CE 1v1 tournament. Goldenboy, please don't destroy my hopes now that they exist. I get it if it doesn't happen, but if you could at least announce that it ain't gonna happen so I don't keep on looking out for one like a dog waiting on the return of a deceased master I'd really appreciate it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Search the GT RUSTYNA1LZ, should be on at the bottom of his map variant list.

I haven't tested to confirm, but GT The Computer has both a map and gametype variant for octagon in his file share.

Thanks,

Does the GT have to be online for me to see his file share? How do I find his map variant list?

Thanks,

Does the GT have to be online for me to see his file share? How do I find his map variant list?

Doesn't have to be online.

1. Press X in the menu to pull up the option to search for a player.
  2. Search for the GT (might have to wait a bit for the keyboard to load the first time you do this)
  3. Select the option to view that player's file share and wait fifteen seconds or so for things to load
  4. Use the bumpers to switch between maps and game variants listed in the custom browser
  5. Select the map/game variant you want to download to pull up the option to download
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Golden Invitational is happening!!!

I’m going to apply for Grassroots to run online tournaments for most Halo titles and we’re going to just capture the gameplay through the “Fortnite method” of basically screen grabbing the gameplay from individual streams.

Ideally I want all participants to stream and I’ll provide the initial funds for the prize pool (thinking $1000) and we’ll crowdfund from there. It may not be much but it’s something for the community and I think it could grow into something special.

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

I also want to do this with Big Team Battle as well because I think that would be fun but that’ll be for a later date.

The idea is to do Esports but also do some fun events. I truly do not know what the interest is but I’m down to make this happen. For operational cost I really only care about coming out even or losing a little bit of cash. I think it could be good content and a unique experiment for our community.

Feel free to provide feedback because I genuinely want to know what will work and all I ask is that you also think outside of the box (like with the BtB stuff). If this can grow into something then I might try and do a LAN in NY down the line as well.

<3

Yusssss finally, can't wait!

Might as well making streaming mandatory tbh. Let us know how we can support :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yusssss finally, can't wait!

Might as well making streaming mandatory tbh. Let us know how we can support Beyond%20Smiley.png

Ehh I don't know about mandatory. There actually are places with internet that really just won't support streaming. Makes sense though if you only invite specific people you already know can stream

They sold out 64 team passes in a little over an hour. 

IN 2018!!!!

Is this nostalgia or is it genuine interest in competing and being the best in H3?

What a time to be alive.

I can only speak for myself but I just genuinely enjoy classic Halo more and that's where my own interest stems from in all of this. Its not specifically Halo 3 its just that H3 was the last fully featured and supported classic title (nade markers, no maps for H2A) so its not so much nostalgia as much as this is just the most recent example of a Halo that I really enjoy

IN 2018!!!!

Is this nostalgia or is it genuine interest in competing and being the best in H3?

What a time to be alive.

Both.

IN 2018!!!!

What a time to be alive.

Personally I think there is a lot of pride on the line more than nostalgia. I think the nostalgia factor will come in the form of viewership.