CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Vetoed mentions in this video that Grassroots can include H1 and H2 events, if someone sets them up ... I think there might be a vague impression that everything will be H3 only

H4 pre-patch tourneys incoming,

• Upvote (+1) 1

sounds like he maybe got approval ...?  the OpTic juice will be real, even just Flame himself has like = 300k followers

• Upvote (+1) 8

well ..............

Talk about a bait-and-switch. here I thought there was something interesting on the horizon. Adam does have a point though. We shouldn't wait for someone to make an event happen for us.

Would love a halo 2 classic event. Would finally get to go an event for my favorite halo

I'll never forget the day when he pulled 28k viewers on his stream for the 2016 World's NA LCQ. 

That stream was crazy good.

• Upvote (+1) 4

im super active on twitter in regards to Halo and the community.

but i hope you guys can listen to Goldenboy tonight, really good insight. on his twitch

Golden Invitational is happening!!!

I’m going to apply for Grassroots to run online tournaments for most Halo titles and we’re going to just capture the gameplay through the “Fortnite method” of basically screen grabbing the gameplay from individual streams.

Ideally I want all participants to stream and I’ll provide the initial funds for the prize pool (thinking $1000) and we’ll crowdfund from there. It may not be much but it’s something for the community and I think it could grow into something special.

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

I also want to do this with Big Team Battle as well because I think that would be fun but that’ll be for a later date.

The idea is to do Esports but also do some fun events. I truly do not know what the interest is but I’m down to make this happen. For operational cost I really only care about coming out even or losing a little bit of cash. I think it could be good content and a unique experiment for our community.

Feel free to provide feedback because I genuinely want to know what will work and all I ask is that you also think outside of the box (like with the BtB stuff). If this can grow into something then I might try and do a LAN in NY down the line as well.

<3

Sudden flashbacks to Darkman on G4 running train on Blood Gulch. That would be a fun throwback for laughs for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m going to apply for Grassroots to run online tournaments for most Halo titles and we’re going to just capture the gameplay through the “Fortnite method” of basically screen grabbing the gameplay from individual streams.

Ideally I want all participants to stream and I’ll provide the initial funds for the prize pool (thinking $1000) and we’ll crowdfund from there. It may not be much but it’s something for the community and I think it could grow into something special.

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

I also want to do this with Big Team Battle as well because I think that would be fun but that’ll be for a later date.

The idea is to do Esports but also do some fun events. I truly do not know what the interest is but I’m down to make this happen. For operational cost I really only care about coming out even or losing a little bit of cash. I think it could be good content and a unique experiment for our community.

Feel free to provide feedback because I genuinely want to know what will work and all I ask is that you also think outside of the box (like with the BtB stuff). If this can grow into something then I might try and do a LAN in NY down the line as well.

<3

This is why you kick ass!

• Upvote (+1) 1

according to the event page we are gonna have 5 weekend qualifiers leading up to the event

UdczBYu.png

also team passes are sold out already! hopefully they add more so we can get this thing as big as possible

• Upvote (+1) 1

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

<3

If you're serious about Crowdfunding...and set up some type of GoFundMe for this - you have my $100.  Love the idea from someone so passionate about Classic Halo!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the BeachLan people need to get in contact with this grassroots program.... just saying.  :simms:

OH YES

• Upvote (+1) 3

Talk about a bait-and-switch. here I thought there was something interesting on the horizon. Adam does have a point though. We shouldn't wait for someone to make an event happen for us.

adam has baited the halo community since twitter was invented lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

<3

hey, thats great news. I just wanted to let you know, the competitive halo2 players play h2 on h2v now called project cartographer. Its easy to setup and allows dedicated servers for fair play. Project cartographer has fixes to the spawn system, button combos, and hit reg so thats why people use it. When you see people streaming h2 scrims on twitch, its always on h2v. Just something to consider.

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

<3

It's a great idea, kinda like an overwatch 'monthly melee' type of vibe. The only real stumbling block is getting the Halo community to accept online gameplay, going down the route of entertainment tournaments is definitely the right way to go about it though.

hey, thats great news. I just wanted to let you know, the competitive halo2 players play h2 on h2v now called project cartographer. Its easy to setup and allows dedicated servers for fair play. Project cartographer has fixes to the spawn system, button combos, and hit reg so thats why people use it. When you see people streaming h2 scrims on twitch, its always on h2v. Just something to consider.

I don't know much about that but I would do the H2 competitions on MCC. It's gotta be something that is accessible to the majority of people and even if it is easy to use not everyone has a PC. 

At least through Xbox you can stream and game at the same time too so if a person does not have a strong PC then can still participate. Either way this will start with H3 first since that's where a majority of the interest is and then MAYBE H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Games that will be used:

H1 1v1 / 2v2

H2 Classic 4v4

H2A 4v4

H3 4v4

<3

Goldenbae.