CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No worries guys, the email threads are spinning.

That's IT's way of playing Hot Potato. It's the worst thing about this industry, to be honest. No one wants to take responsibility to make a change/find the appropriate person, team who can help. 

Edit: Huh, that was fast. Guess my company just sucks.

Love how Halo 2 classic players get absolutely nothing again.  Why does everyone hate the game so much?

Game just seems super outdated to me now days

Today's standard of hit reg and connection lol. Guys I know. I LOVED h3 as a kid. Was the greatest gaming experience of my life. But the connection, hit reg, networking is dogshit compared to H5s. It's not even close. H3 online even back then had insane hit reg issues. Compare it to games like H5 and H2A or any modern game.

I know we all complain about blank shots and servers in H5 but it is MILES ahead of what h3 has. Even on MCC. I only watched like 15 minutes of the 2v2 and saw multiple bloodshots. On lan ping.

And that's still not even looking at shit like RNG spread lol. Or the aiming. Yikes.

That bloodshot he got on LAN was something that would have never happened on a properly setup 360 system link. I've only seen a handful on LAN ever since 2007 and its always from a questionable position or questionable network setup. Across the middle of the pit with literally nothing anywhere to stop the bullet though? Nah that would've been wild online. That was an MCC special for sure a few of us were even in one of their feedback threads during the insider pointing out that the snipe would very often give out blood shots from a distance regardless of circumstances and, well, there it was

• Upvote (+1) 3

That bloodshot he got on LAN was something that would have never happened on a properly setup 360 system link. I've only seen a handful on LAN ever since 2007 and its always from a questionable position or questionable network setup. Across the middle of the pit with literally nothing anywhere to stop the bullet though? Nah that would've been wild online. That was an MCC special for sure a few of us were even in one of their feedback threads during the insider pointing out that the snipe would very often give out blood shots from a distance regardless of circumstances and, well, there it was

Maaaaaaaaan. There is no way you genuinely believe bloodshots did not regularly occur on LAN for H3. Go watch Natties from 2010. Pucket commented on it at least 50 times during matches over the course of that event. FiS got a few with snipe on Pit that were caught on stream. Hysteria got a few with snipe that were caught on stream. Ola didn't get a kill on a one shot guy with the BR because 3 bursts didn't count on Onslaught. It was a thing, and it happened all the time in H3 on LAN. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've experienced plenty of sniper bloodshots on LAN in Halo 3.

Removing the H3 Hardcore playlist the DAY AFTER a major H3 4v4 tourney is announced, which is in 50 DAYS...

I actually have no words.

Welp, there goes an important tool for practicing. Gotta rely on customs now, rip.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had countless blanks in H1, H2 and H3 on LAN even on host. Bullshit happens in every environment. Learning to stay cool is the ultimate deterrent. 

Not sure if this had been posted here or not, but here's our recap that went live just after the event: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hcs-finals-2018-recap

It's been an honor and blast to write our esports creative content the past couple years, getting to know - and help share - some of the awesome stories in the scene that make every event so intriguing. I'll definitely miss serving as the series' primary penman going forward, and thanks to anyone here who ever took the time to read any of my esports-focused bits <3 

what will you be doing going forward?

Welp, there goes an important tool for practicing. Gotta rely on customs now, rip.

They're adding back H3 Hardcore I believe 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Add Midship/Creek to H2A remove grenade hit markers and make the game use projectiles instead of hitscan while copying H3’s bullet magnetism/aim assist values there we go that fixes most of the problems with that game.

More then anything I just want a game where the Sniper rifle is not easy mode and leading shots for perfect kills is a thing.

it's back in two days

• Upvote (+1) 2

One of the biggest ironies in halo, is that halo f’n reach has the best shot registration of the whole series. Can’t recall a shot not connecting of all my years playing it.

Bungie made the shot registration near perfect but intentionally designed the guns to be inaccurate. Smh just another day as a halo fan.

pretty sure theres a clip of some pro quitting out of a tourny match at the start because his host box didnt pull host one game. Host made a big dif and you got blood on reach

That said, mcc shot reg is worse than the originals

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I wasn't around for H3's prime, but I will say some of my favorite streams I've ever watched were Snip3down's 8s streams after H2A had ended. I'm certainly looking forward to learning more of H3 between now and Infinite. If you guys see me in matchmaking to don't get too mad I am trying my best. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Like that one though? The point wasn't that they never happened but that it was always questionable in some way. Generally blood shots occurred near geometry when networking wasn't ideal in some way or another because generally the host told the client no that player wasn't there anymore. Near corners slipping behind walls etc. Completely in the open though on (I suppose I'm assuming here) a LAN connection without interference? The one that sticks out in my mind was someone on Carbon getting them on Narrows from earlyish H3. I guess the point isn't that its impossible just that it was so flagrant and happened to look just like something that's been happening on the MCC insider builds a lot

what will you be doing going forward?

Moving on to the Franchise Team full time to work more directly on universe and brand creative, so largely story/universe/canon stuff across the franchise. I released my last regularly-panned/hosted Community Update, Spotlight and Social Stream within the past couple weeks, and the DH ATL preview and recap blogs were pretty much my last direct Community Team contributions before fully swapping over.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

So many thoughts going through my head in this one. 

1)Which team comp final boss is he referring to? 

2)Isn't TD vs Str8 the prime story line? 

I mean I get the FB legacy, but the story between TD vs Str8 was what made me suuuupppperrr into comp halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear people are just voting on the most recognizable name, GIVE ME STR8 VS tD

• Upvote (+1) 2

I swear people are just voting on the most recognizable name, GIVE ME STR8 VS tD

I voted FB for the simple fact that I just want to see Ogre 2 compete again.

• Upvote (+1) 5