CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Removing the H3 Hardcore playlist the DAY AFTER a major H3 4v4 tourney is announced, which is in 50 DAYS...

I actually have no words.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm gonna give this to you guys. Brutal, honest, truth.

The majority of 343 Industries does not understand the product it's been given.

There are less than five people in the entire company that know what they're doing, but don't get a say or are ignored by the others.

Infinite is not going to be a classic inspired game.

Master Chief Collection will be the only classic experience you get.

You are all wasting your time. Move on.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Its a love hate relationship with 343 isn't it? They do some good for us, we're happy then they remove one of the only means of practice for a tournament the day after its announced , I mean how can a game developer be this stupid??

Really wish we had some type of organized push as a community for a spectator mode in Halo 3 MCC. We would love to run H3 events, but it's a giant hype deflator if we have nowhere to showcase the top talent competing 99% of the time online. If in 2018 the only time we can see Halo 3 being broadcasted is at a LAN event, we have a pretty big issue for sustainability waiting for whatever the next title shapes up to be.

So host some LANs every week you cheap bastard!

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Gameplay wise? Yes.

Where it fails is in the horrendous lack of quality maps. I really did feel like H2A could have been the “Halo Online” for Xbox that featured tight gameplay and maps from all Halo’s. A boy can dream though.

They gave us Relic, what more could we ask for?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really wish we had some type of organized push as a community for a spectator mode in Halo 3 MCC. We would love to run H3 events, but it's a giant hype deflator if we have nowhere to showcase the top talent competing 99% of the time online. If in 2018 the only time we can see Halo 3 being broadcasted is at a LAN event, we have a pretty big issue for sustainability waiting for whatever the next title shapes up to be.

real talk. if midship and beaver creek were released on h2a along with a functional spectator mode it would electrify us

When I was watching the tournament this weekend something struck me over the head when I switched to the Bravo Stream on Mixer. Halo 5 in particular is a very fast moving FPS, and at times can be quite difficult for new viewers to follow, due to frequent camera changes from player to player. 

With Halo Infinite and Mixer, 343 has the opportunity to evolve the viewer experience. Allowing the stream to be more interactive. By allowing the viewer to chose which player's viewpoint they want to watch. The viewer could decide to chose to watch the default "caster" viewpoint, or just flip between players as they wish, or simply chose and stay with their favorite player all game. It would change the way we watch eSports, especially FPS games.

I understand this would require a lot of bandwidth with 8-9 streams, but definitely feasible in today's day and age. And it would even be possible in online tournaments. With each player having their own selectable viewpoint if they are streaming.

this is one of the biggest focuses wonderboy and i have as observers.. we do not want the experience to be jarring to newcomers. 

correct me if im wrong but what you are talking about is already possible through PC games like CSGO and DOTA2 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem with the h3 hardcore Playlist is much deeper than simply the removal of a Playlist. If Postums is to be believed, all teams at 343 were aware of the h3 tournaments getting announced yet they logically decided to remove the 4v4 hardcore Playlist the day after. This means they couldn't put together that the Playlist population originally bottomed out due to players practicing in the 2v2 hardcore list, and then they decided that despite announcing the tournaments there would be no reason to keep it around or they didn't expect players to switch back from the 2v2 Playlist and have many more want to play due to the announcement. I believe Tashi and a few others are good competent people, but as a whole this blatantly illustrates how inept and incompetent 343 as a whole is.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I mean, Relic is already esports ready :simms:

The pros are very excited about it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If they added a good chunk of maps to H2A it would be 1000000x better than h3. Could remove hitmarkers and stuff too obviously but even so, having a game where you can actually shoot straight is a huge deal. I would rather play another year of H2A on the 3 maps it has than play h3 MCC. That game is just so broken and trash lol. But once the initial nostalgia wears off people will see. H3 is not a good game by today's standards lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If they added a good chunk of maps to H2A it would be 1000000x better than h3. Could remove hitmarkers and stuff too obviously but even so, having a game where you can actually shoot straight is a huge deal. I would rather play another year of H2A on the 3 maps it has than play h3 MCC. That game is just so broken and trash lol. But once the initial nostalgia wears off people will see. H3 is not a good game by today's standards lol.

LeArN tO lEaD YoUr sHots

real talk. if midship and beaver creek were released on h2a along with a functional spectator mode it would electrify us

this is one of the biggest focuses wonderboy and i have as observers.. we do not want the experience to be jarring to newcomers.

correct me if im wrong but what you are talking about is already possible through PC games like CSGO and DOTA2

Oh ya. On Twitch, or what platform do they use for viewpoint/player selection? I was not aware of this. Halo is pretty much the only esport I watch.

I mean, Relic is already esports ready :simms:

HCS 2019 - Relic Breakout.

"We took a poll on what the Pro Players thought and the universal consensus was Breakout on eSports-ready Relic."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Finals were pretty lame, otherwise it was a decent tourny. At least on Friday. Definitely one of the weaker ones we've had though.

Also, whoever that girl was that sounded like an exorcised witch in the crowd screaming her head off was pretty annoying after awhile.

H3 MCC is pretty bad, but I would take OG H3 any day over what H2A has to offer. I've always seen H2A as a much slower, watered down version of the original Halo 2. It takes away the things that add to the skill gap like button combos whilst keeping the things that shrank it like the absurd bullet magnetism. At least it's still classic Halo though. Midship/Beaver remakes would be cool but the game needs a lot of refining to make me enjoy it that much.

What are "today's standards"? All I see in the franchises I grew up with are worse iterations than their predecessors. Halo 3 is a masterpiece compared to most of the shit that comes out today.

Today's standard of hit reg and connection lol. Guys I know. I LOVED h3 as a kid. Was the greatest gaming experience of my life. But the connection, hit reg, networking is dogshit compared to H5s. It's not even close. H3 online even back then had insane hit reg issues. Compare it to games like H5 and H2A or any modern game.

I know we all complain about blank shots and servers in H5 but it is MILES ahead of what h3 has. Even on MCC. I only watched like 15 minutes of the 2v2 and saw multiple bloodshots. On lan ping.

And that's still not even looking at shit like RNG spread lol. Or the aiming. Yikes.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Today's standard of hit reg and connection lol. Guys I know. I LOVED h3 as a kid. Was the greatest gaming experience of my life. But the connection, hit reg, networking is dogshit compared to H5s. It's not even close. H3 online even back then had insane hit reg issues. Compare it to games like H5 and H2A or any modern game.

I know we all complain about blank shots and servers in H5 but it is MILES ahead of what h3 has. Even on MCC. I only watched like 15 minutes of the 2v2 and saw multiple bloodshots. On lan ping.

And that's still not even looking at shit like RNG spread lol.

But even with the terrible registration and networking. Halo 3 is still far superior to halo 5.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

And that's still not even looking at shit like RNG spread lol.

That bloodshot Roy got on top snipe was so stupid. Then Flamesword gets a blank melee OS ramp.

I'm all for classic tournaments but those are game changers, and in H3 they happen way more often than H2A or H5.