CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Greatest duo, probably, but I'm not sure about greatest team imo. They've truly dominated one game, while FB made significant runs in CE, 2 and 3. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG/Optic/TOX are the greatest 4 player team ever assembled. Final Boss dominated over multiple games but the roster was changed over that time.

If you dropped these 4 in any era they would dominate.

• Upvote (+1) 9

CLG/Optic/TOX are the greatest 4 player team ever assembled. Final Boss dominated over multiple games but the roster was changed over that time.

You're funny

• Upvote (+1) 4

I personally think that ToX is #1 all time purely because of the fact they made no roster changes throughout their run. But the fact this is an argument shows how great both teams were, and we will probably never really have a clear #1 any longer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd take prime Ogres, Walshy and Saiyan/Side over them any day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't see the grassroots program holding much viewership, and I imagine most of the tournaments will only see a few thousand viewers max. No more Official 343 tournaments, no information regarding the next game, and already dwindling viewership numbers are not a good combination. 

International interest in Halo esports, and Halo in general is going to plummet unless 343 spill the beans about Infinite ASAP. The community cannot sustain itself on the crumbs of information we've been given.

This is seriously the worst information drought ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't see the grassroots program holding much viewership, and I imagine most of the tournaments will only see a few thousand viewers max. No more Official 343 tournaments, no information regarding the next game, and already dwindling viewership numbers are not a good combination. 

International interest in Halo esports, and Halo in general is going to plummet unless 343 spill the beans about Infinite ASAP. The community cannot sustain itself on the crumbs of information we've been given.

This is seriously the worst information drought ever. 

yeah if there isn't a playable beta version of Infinite by early 2020 then we're in serious trouble.  i think we can muddle through with H3 in 2019, though (I think viewership could be 10k-15k easily)

Where do I sign up?

Also I really enjoyed everything. The finals were really disappointing though really sucked to just see Rec falter like that.

Sidenote: Some of you are really insufferable. We get it you REAALLLY LOVE H3/CLASSIC HALO AND H5 IS SHIT. You dont need to mention it in every post. I know its a big shock to some of you, but there are some of us who actually like H5 and everything it brought us. 

Also FB is top dog always and forever not even close. Snakebite and Royal2 come in 3rd in terms of best duos with the Ogres and Roybox being top 2 respectively.. Also when these convos get brought up I feel like the EG squad doesnt get enough credit for their dominance in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm honestly glad that Snipedown didn't win. Hearing him talk some nonsense on HCS weekly two weeks ago kinda irked me.

nonsense? What he said is what the majority of us on here say. It's lame to watch someone win a tournament and not get hyped, and it's definitely a new thing for Halo. Go back and watch tournaments from Ce through H3.

• Upvote (+1) 6

yeah if there isn't a playable beta version of Infinite by early 2020 then we're in serious trouble.  i think we can muddle through with H3 in 2019, though (I think viewership could be 10k-15k easily)

I don't get why you and others think we're in trouble of any sort. Using halo 3 is a huge step up and a very positive step going forward.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get why you and others think we're in trouble of any sort. Using halo 3 is a huge step up and a very positive step going forward.

scratching my head too

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching the VOD of the Halo 3 2v2 right now. That T2 intro had me dying. SO damn good. I love classic Halo. 

Where do I sign up?

Also I really enjoyed everything. The finals were really disappointing though really sucked to just see Rec falter like that.

Sidenote: Some of you are really insufferable. We get it you REAALLLY LOVE H3/CLASSIC HALO AND H5 IS SHIT. You dont need to mention it in every post. I know its a big shock to some of you, but there are some of us who actually like H5 and everything it brought us. 

Also FB is top dog always and forever not even close. Snakebite and Royal2 come in 3rd in terms of best duos with the Ogres and Roybox being top 2 respectively.. Also when these convos get brought up I feel like the EG squad doesnt get enough credit for their dominance in H2A.

This is the time for the die hard fans to come through. This may be the last chance for "classic" Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fell asleep before the series reset (UK timezone lol) but will watch the VOD later. Congrats to TOX, it was only fitting really.

Kinda feel both relieved and sad that the H5 era is over. I had a lot of fun staying up til 3-4am for Pro League and clearing my weekends to watch the events. I do regret not getting tickets for any of the London events. Still, kinda glad we're never gonna have to watch CTF on Fathom ever again.

First statement - probably accurate if you consider they stayed together (the same 4) for so long and being able to dominate.

Second statement - we will never know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let’s see this TOX squad go to UGC. Not the real h3 days but will be a fun experiment to see how they place in h3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't see much logic in saying Tox is the best halo team all time, and even less logic in putting Snakebite/Royal 2 over Lunch/Roy or the Ogres. Great team, but I dont see them having any claim to the best team/duo titles.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

scratching my head too

This makes me think about a video Gandhi made a few years ago where he talked about how they porbably should have kept playing Halo 3 (even during the Reach days). It'd be interesting to see where Halo would be right now if they actually did that. Either way, this is a good step, imo.