CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The forums arent mourning LBX enough.

For me personally hes been gone for awhile. I know hes been playing but the teams hes been on haven't been contenders to win for... awhile. So it feels more like an inevitability if he has decided to not play

• Upvote (+1) 3

For me personally hes been gone for awhile. I know hes been playing but the teams hes been on haven't been contenders to win for... awhile. So it feels more like an inevitability if he has decided to not play

Not very many teams have been contenders for a while. Like, none. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Excited to finally watch some halo again, hopefully teams will show scrims like the old days...still going to miss lunchbox, lethul ruined everything

• Upvote (+1) 2

cmon man, he placed pretty well with a brand new team, he’s still a top 15 player

I dont think it's a permanent retirement

Its only not permanent if Halo 6 isn't ability Halo.  And lets the honest, the odds of that are small.

me trying to figure out if the grammatical math after a long weekend

dZNlhK0.gif

Arent we all

dZNlhK0.gif

Arent we all

I am not removing the multiple negatives.  I'm a big fan of "Can't not's"

• Upvote (+1) 1

He is saying Lunchbox might be back if Halo 6 is like Halo 2 or 3, but Halo 6 most likely will be like Halo 5.

Analyzed.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope LBX leaves h5. Same as how I felt about Roy leaving h5. Too good of players to have their legacy's tainted by this dog shit game.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

cmon man, he placed pretty well with a brand new team, he’s still a top 15 player

This is the end of year 3 of Halo 5 in a world where a free game has put up a $100 million prize pool across every platform known to man and the only player that tried to promote Halo through content is now making $10-20 million conservatively playing that game. There are only 8 players that are actually interesting to watch any more. 

With all this downtime between events this year, could they not do some Halo 3 or other competitive halo events as throwbacks? Im sure if they make a big deal of it people would attend at the very least just for the nostalgia.

Seems like a lot of time for this years HCS is just sitting around for a couple of months between events not doing anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

With all this downtime between events this year, could they not do some Halo 3 or other competitive halo events as throwbacks? Im sure if they make a big deal of it people would attend at the very least just for the nostalgia.

Seems like a lot of time for this years HCS is just sitting around for a couple of months between events not doing anything.

I'm sort of curious about the overall interest and attendance that Halo 5 tournaments are going to drive. For me personally I'm not even sure if I'll watch because I'm just tired of this game even if I'm still interested in the future titles. I don't really know what the overall sentiment is for the people who have been following though

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sort of curious about the overall interest and attendance that Halo 5 tournaments are going to drive. For me personally I'm not even sure if I'll watch because I'm just tired of this game even if I'm still interested in the future titles. I don't really know what the overall sentiment is for the people who have been following though

For me personally, after last world's my interest in the game basically tanked.  I'm still here all the time because I love the franchise as a whole and i will follow the results and stuff, but i'm not going to any more Microsoft store events and won't be drinking beer and monopolizing the TV on weekends for tourney's anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me personally, after last world's my interest in the game basically tanked.  I'm still here all the time because I love the franchise as a whole and i will follow the results and stuff, but i'm not going to any more Microsoft store events and won't be drinking beer and monopolizing the TV on weekends for tourney's anymore.

i really enjoyed the last season. it seemed to have almost everything we wanted and it was fun to watch. i love the scene and i love this community in particular. im definitely watching the next season, but i am really disappointed that we have tons of presumably online play with 1 lan and then finals for NA. that format with so much emphasis on online leagues is...

z1oqC8k.gif

as for the game i havent played h5 in well over a year and dont intend to. i just didnt enjoy it and dont want to grind it for the sake of doing so. props to those of you who still play though

• Upvote (+1) 3

i really enjoyed the last season. it seemed to have almost everything we wanted and it was fun to watch. i love the scene and i love this community in particular. im definitely watching the next season, but i am really disappointed that we have tons of presumably online play with 1 lan and then finals for NA. that format with so much emphasis on online leagues is...

Two open LANs I thought, one in New Orleans, one in Europe, and then finals.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Two open LANs I thought, one in New Orleans, one in Europe, and then finals.

i was talking purely for NA which i the region i follow the closest. the EU lan is only for EU teams right?

i was talking purely for NA which i the region i follow the closest. the EU lan is only for EU teams right?

Open for anyone this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, it's open to NA. Which means @@LethuL will have to fly over water and probably pass out on the plane  :kappa:

Maybe a little of topic right now but anyone know when they updating the playlist??? I have no motivation to play hcs until they do so