CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For people asking what's next or welcome to the dark ages. You are insane, Finally being rid of the trash that is halo 5 and having a year of grassroot events using halo3 is a godsend.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Hard to argue against this, because the proof is in the pudding. In terms of sustained excellence Tox is definitely at the top.

That being said, I think the Instinct squad in Reach is still the most dominant Halo team ever, and in my eyes the "best" team. If Reach had another season or 2 they'd have gone on a run like Tox did IMO, but I guess we'll never know. Kind of ironic that Instinct got beat by Snakebite & Royal 2 at the last Reach event.

When you factor in 3/4 members who have wins in Reach and H2:A...although not together, I think I'm convinced that they have surpassed the FB legacy. Couple in the core squad of four that has never placed outside of the top 2 since their inception...history was made today. 

I think it's just difficult to comprehend that someone has came to take the mantle away from FB. Nothing will change their legacy and what they did for the time, but I agree that this squad is on another level after doing some thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lmao Eric going full Eric ... I guess the team that won four events recently and Worlds 2017 isn’t the second best team? Splyce has one bad event, Rec went 0-8 in the finals, but okay lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Nah they got second. Its over. Splyce was the best when they were winning but then they stopped playing and stopped winning. Those are really the only facts the rest is feelings and what if

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nah they got second. Its over. Splyce was the best when they were winning but then they stopped playing and stopped winning. Those are really the only facts the rest is feelings and what if

he said second best team, not second place ... Eric’s average placing in H5 is *third and his team was completely obliterated, I’d say they’re the third best team for sure

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

he said second best team, not second place ... Eric’s average placing in H5 is like fifth and his team was completely obliterated, I’d say they’re the third best team for sure

I don't know why he said it but personally I would argue they are the second best team. They got second at the most recent event and its double elim. The legacy or whatever of other teams is entirely different than which team is currently best/worst/whatever imo

• Upvote (+1) 2

he said second best team, not second place ... Eric’s average placing in H5 is like fifth and his team was completely obliterated, I’d say they’re the third best team for sure

He said in the end, not overall.

E: also his avg placing is 3rd, no idea where you pulled that fifth from, it's like you're on an agenda.

• Upvote (+1) 5

then they stopped playing and stopped winning.

There is no "then they stopped playing" when they weren't really playing outside of tournaments to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no "then they stopped playing" when they weren't really playing outside of tournaments to begin with.

Didn't Ghandi go on to say for '06 or '07 that as a unit, they hardly put in any games? I think he said he grinded by himself or with a partner from CBN, but compared to other squads they hardly practiced together because of Ghost being in college. My memory might be fuzzy, though so correct me if I'm wrong. 

Point being, I think they were just head and shoulders above some of the other teams before they figured out how to "crack" their gameplay style. Whether they were practiced or not for this event, they probably don't care, right? 

He said in the end, not overall.

E: also his avg placing is 3rd, no idea where you pulled that fifth from, it's like you're on an agenda.

He also said he enjoyed playing h5 more than h3.... He can't be trusted

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@CyReN can we start the Halo 3 grassroots thread now so I can post on the first page and go to sleep?

Giving this event some time to breath, will launch in the next month though.

-------

Congrats to TOX btw!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm honestly glad that Snipedown didn't win. Hearing him talk some nonsense on HCS weekly two weeks ago kinda irked me.

• Downvote (-1) 9