CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And the award for most boring grand finals goes to.... The boys on Tox.

yeah, some people find great play boring

nobody mistakes them for fans, though

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

yeah, some people find great play boring

nobody mistakes them for fans, though

I find Halo 5 boring in what, year 3? Yes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This CLG/Optic/TOX squad will go down  as one of the greatest Halo teams of all time after today. For the entirety of Halo 5 (3 years) they never placed out of the top 2 and took 3/4 season championships. They are definitely the second best Halo squad in my opinion--falling short of Final Boss due to their national champ wins/event wins in 3 different titles.

I would say that for Halo Infinite (or a grassroots, official tournament) if this squad of at least 3/4 of its members were to take another title in a different Halo...they would be the same caliber as FB. Their length of playing time as a core unit surpasses any other professional Halo team of all time. That alone speaks volumes. Their game play in the finals shows--their chemistry and just down-right mechanical way of playing...it really is just a competition for second place if you are going up against them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wish they would have asked Royal 2 some more game specific questions, would have loved to hear his thoughts on how the oddball game played out in the last bo4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm honestly super f'n happy for Tox. The whole thing is so fitting, and they damn sure deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This CLG/Optic/TOX squad will go down  as one of the greatest Halo teams of all time after today. For the entirety of Halo 5 (3 years) they never placed out of the top 2 and took 3/4 season championships. They are definitely the second best Halo squad in my opinion--falling short of Final Boss due to their national champ wins/event wins in 3 different titles.

I would say that for Halo Infinite (or a grassroots, official tournament) if this squad of at least 3/4 of its members were to take another title in a different Halo...they would be the same caliber as FB. Their length of playing time as a core unit surpasses any other professional Halo team of all time. That alone speaks volumes. Their game play in the finals shows--their chemistry and just down-right mechanical way of playing...it really is just a competition for second place if you are going up against them.

As far as 1 single roster with no changes goes, this is the best team in Halo history. The only one that even comes close is Walshy/Ogres/Saiyan, but that was only 05/06. This Tox roster dominated for 3 years, AND they finished on top, unlike that FB roster. We are witnessing history. Take a second and appreciate it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The big question now is will this TOX roster stick together transitioning into Halo 3, and how dominant will they be.

Another thing worth mentionnig when talking about this TOX squad's place in history is the amount of time they spent together without a team change. TD/StK/3D/FB made three team changes during their 3.5 year run at the top. This CLG/OG/TOX squad went almost three years without a roster change.

Of course, that FB squad was also won events in multiple Halo titles while TOX has done it all in one game.

So whats next? What they told? Comp Halo I mean.

HCS grassroots where event organizers can apply for extra funding & support. So no officially sanctioned events. Can't remember who said it, but as it is right now; welcome back to the dark ages.

Wtf is playing on the Halo channel atm.

Lol apparently its an H5 soundtrack but nobody in the twitch chat knew what it was either

As far as 1 single roster with no changes goes, this is the best team in Halo history. The only one that even comes close is Walshy/Ogres/Saiyan, but that was only 05/06. This Tox roster dominated for 3 years, AND they finished on top, unlike that FB roster. We are witnessing history. Take a second and appreciate it.

History was definitely made today. I just personally give extra points to transitioning to entirely different games and still staying on top (which you could argue in favor of Snakebite/Royal 2 moving over from H2:A). It really is remarkable how a single squad made no roster changes over 3 years and never placed below top 2. I would have liked to see Rec win, but something about TOX's mark in the history books just makes the closing of Halo 5 seem complete. 

grassroots year thing is not quite worst-case scenario but ... not great, i dunno

let’s hope for Infinite beta flighting tourneys in Jan 2020 i guess

HCS grassroots where event organizers can apply for extra funding & support. So no officially sanctioned events. Can't remember who said it, but as it is right now; welcome back to the dark ages.

Future seem not bright to me. Living here in dark and cold Finland and waiting H:Infinite to come. Hope we get snow soon. Not so big fan to H3 but I watch it if there is nothing else. I go to sleep.... whole winter. Wake me when Infinite mp trailer is out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is sad, no news on H: Infinite, HCS is now over with H5 (basically was anyways, dead game). It really makes you thin, H6 must have been a clone of H5 and they knew it would kill the franchise so theyre betting on a new engine that replicates H2/H3 game play. Could be a game changer, could kill the franchise anyways with such a massive lul. Only thing we can do is support this grass roots thing and keep the community alive.

Hard to argue against this, because the proof is in the pudding. In terms of sustained excellence Tox is definitely at the top.

That being said, I think the Instinct squad in Reach is still the most dominant Halo team ever, and in my eyes the "best" team. If Reach had another season or 2 they'd have gone on a run like Tox did IMO, but I guess we'll never know. Kind of ironic that Instinct got beat by Snakebite & Royal 2 at the last Reach event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

what a run and TOX ends as dominant as they began. im glad h5 is done and that h3 mcc is what we have moving forward, but I wonder if the grassroots program can actually sustain the scene till infinite comes out. lets hope for the best and keep supporting the scene

I'm really hoping we could have a Beyond the Summit tournament for Halo 3. It'd basically be just like watching TLN again with better production.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Future would be brighter if there were more partners already(or sanctioned events), worst case scenario UGC & GFG are the only NA-based partners. Sure, they're two great event organizers, but it's not a skeleton waiting to be filled(GFG is 2v2 btw), the skeleton is in the making and hopefully gets completed very soon.

Future would be brighter if there were more partners already(or sanctioned events), worst case scenario UGC & GFG are the only NA-based partners. Sure, they're two great event organizers, but it's not a skeleton waiting to be filled(GFG is 2v2 btw), the skeleton is in the making and hopefully gets completed very soon.

millennial could be cool. their set up in vegas for hwc 2017 was good. gfinity will probably try to get in on this too. maybe they'll try some na expansion which would be awesome. im hopefull mlg tries to get in this. if all else fails esl could put us in their jiffy lube again

• Upvote (+1) 1

millennial could be cool. their set up in vegas for hwc 2017 was good. gfinity will probably try to get in on this too. maybe they'll try some na expansion which would be awesome. im hopefull mlg tries to get in this. if all else fails esl could put us in their jiffy lube again

Agreed on the first two, as for MLG I feel like we should've known about it already. ESL would be good if it is like their CSGO pro league, which has no impact on other events.