CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope placing 48th in CoD was worth losing $150k or whatever ... so annoying that this event will always have an asterisk

Anyway grats to Tox for another world championship

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hope placing 48th in CoD was worth losing $150k or whatever ... so annoying that this event will always have an asterisk

Anyway grats to Tox for another world championship

haven't been paying attention for awhile - eli5?

I know we are basking in the glory of H3 this weekend but watching players like Frosty on H5 is an absolute fucking delight.

• Upvote (+1) 8

haven't been paying attention for awhile - eli5?

Basically Splyce are cocky teenagers and decided to focus 95% of their energy on Black Ops 4 in the past two months, with zero success, so we have no idea if a practiced/focused Splyce who cared about winning a Halo event would have done better.  

To anyone saying there isn't a giant asterisk ... just, lol.  Please tell me that the Cavs playing baseball for two months before the NBA playoffs, and then placing way worse than expected when they suddenly switched back to basketball, would be two completely unrelated events

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

also Eric must be really annoyed that his team is peaking at literally day #1095 out of 1095 of H5's competitive lifespan

• Upvote (+1) 5

Basically Splyce are cocky teenagers and decided to focus 95% of their energy on Black Ops 4 in the past two months, with zero success, so we have no idea if a practiced/focused Splyce who cared about winning a Halo event would have done better.  

To anyone saying there isn't a giant asterisk ... just, lol.  Please tell me that the Cavs playing baseball for two months before the NBA playoffs, and then placing way worse than expected when they suddenly switched back to basketball, would be two completely unrelated events

ahh, but isn't that on them though? They should have practiced and they got distracted, that's their fault.

If we get a Rec - Tox final(which is looking very likely atm) H5 will finish as it started: Snip3down vs Lethul/Frosty/Snakebite/Royal 2. Only question is if it will have the same outcome.

• Upvote (+1) 5

ahh, but isn't that on them though? They should have practiced and they got distracted, that's their fault.

oh for sure, it's their fault, but my point is that I would like to see all the teams actually trying their hardest at the final H5 event playing for $300k or whatever ... like how would lame would it be if you were a Golden State fan and they just stopped giving a shit before the 2018 Finals, and therefore lost?  I dunno man

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I keep seeing this "asterisk" thing and it's total dog shit. They attended the event and thought what minimal playtime they had was enough, and it wasn't. If splyce didn't come across as cocky before they sure do now. If there's an asterisk it's the H3 viewership for the finals not being higher because it was at 10am for some reason.

Agreed, it's not like Renegade is really sick randomly and if this was a week later results would be different. This is how Splyce chose to prepare, this is the placing they deserve.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If that happened there still wouldn't be an asterisk. They got out worked. You can't put in minimal to no time into the thing you're competing in and say, "Well we did something else or we would've won." 

Stop trying to invalidate the work other teams put in. Is splyce naturally skilled? Yes. Skilled enough to win a tournament while devoting more time to another game? No. Sucks for them. 

You could legitimately put an asterisk on every series at this point. "Mentality would've beat tox if they played more"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it really fitting "story-wise" that the last two series of the last halo 5 tournament were between two halves of old nV vs optic Tox.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If that happened there still wouldn't be an asterisk. They got out worked. You can't put in minimal to no time into the thing you're competing in and say, "Well we did something else or we would've won." 

Stop trying to invalidate the work other teams put in. Is splyce naturally skilled? Yes. Skilled enough to win a tournament while devoting more time to another game? No. Sucks for them. 

You could legitimately put an asterisk on every series at this point. "Mentality would've beat tox if they played more"

my point is that any fan of Splyce or of Tox might feel cheated that they didn't get to see both teams playing at their best.  if I were on Tox I wouldn't be entirely satisfied that my placing was legitimate; you want to beat the best playing at their best

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

my point is that any fan of Splyce or of Tox might feel cheated that they didn't get to see both teams playing at their best. if I were on Tox I wouldn't be entirely satisfied that my placing was legitimate; you want to beat the best playing at their best

Winning or losing to Reciprocity isn't legitimate? They've been playing extremely well all weekend.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Winning or losing to Reciprocity isn't legitimate? They've been playing extremely well all weekend.

I meant Tox's placing in relation to Splyce!  obviously Rec is finally not choking game 5s/7s, it's a thing of beauty

All of H5 has an asterisk

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There is no asterisk next to the event. Teams coming in unprepared don't add asterisks to events. Carbon doesn't have an asterisk next to their wins because OG Saiyan stopped caring. Splyce came in unprepared and got smacked. In fact, you could argue that the Halo 3 event has an asterisk next to it more so than this Halo 5 event. I also agree with the person above me, it would be poetic if Snipedown closes out H5 the way he started it, toppling CLG/Optic/Tox as the underdog.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip3down made it sound like this is his last event.

Fuck I hope not, with Halo 3 events coming up. I'd love to watch this Rec team play H3.