CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Splyce would always say that they never practiced and that would upset me because I would argue that they did practice, they just didn't scrim. Shotzzy would run around maps keeping up with his movement and they'd all play a ton of 2v2 and 8$. They got to practice playing with each other in doubles situations and practice their aggressive playstyle by playing on pickup teams that wouldn't play with set strategies; all the while, by not scrimming they didn't give practice to opponents trying to figure out how to play against their aggressive playstyle. In other games I watch, scrimming and playing matchmaking aren't the only form of practice and it was nice seeing a top team not put such a heavy emphasis on scrims.

This event though they actually didn't practice and the difference shows. Just like in the H3 2v2, we can see that skill comes back but practice is the difference between being sharp and razor-sharp.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Splyce would always say that they never practiced and that would upset me because I would argue that they did practice, they just didn't scrim. Shotzzy would run around maps keeping up with his movement and they'd all play a ton of 2v2 and 8$. They got to practice playing with each other in doubles situations and practice their aggressive playstyle by playing on pickup teams that wouldn't play with set strategies; all the while, by not scrimming they didn't give practice to opponents trying to figure out how to play against their aggressive playstyle. In other games I watch, scrimming and playing matchmaking aren't the only form of practice and it was nice seeing a top team not put such a heavy emphasis on scrims.

This event though they actually didn't practice and the difference shows. Just like in the H3 2v2, we can see that skill comes back but practice is the difference between being sharp and razor-sharp.

Eh, they stopped playing 2v2's and $8's after like 2 events lol. They can't use it as an excuse though because they themselves choose to not practice.

So happy for RNG to get at least top 3. Now let's see if they can finally defeat Tox. Although I really want to see a Rec/Tox rematch. I mean Snipedown vs Lethul for the final H5 championship would be so fitting. But Tox not placing top 2 for the first time in H5 would also be crazy to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that little end animation bothers me. cuts off the pop offs

Was on Snipedown at the end for that exact reason, shame we missed it

What bodes well for Rec is that Saiyan (who IMO is their most skilled player) didn't have to go off for them to win. Kind of like old ENVY (Mikwen, Pistola, Snipedown, Huke) where Huke was their engine and he had to play insane for them to compete, its a good sign that Saiyan didn't go off and they were still able to hang and beat TOX.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright, to anybody at the venue I haven't talked to yet. Beyond photo is ten minutes after the final splash screen goes up for the stream. Meet in front of the featured stations.

• Upvote (+1) 1