CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, shout out the folks who manage to celebrate one thing without shitting on another. Real MVPs right there. <3

I've been thinking about this and I can see where you're coming from. watching h3 doesn't mean we have to shit on h5 but at the same time there is no point ignoring the massive regression of the halo scene since reach and the path halo has taken under the hcs.

even with poor base settings (ars, radar, single elim format) h5 started off with so much hype only to be followed with silence. it seemed that all the buzz died off before anything else was announced. we then got esl and a pro league that shunted ams aside, continued frustration with game performance and settings, and one of the most ridiculed tournaments I've ever seen

there has been so much frustration the community has been through the past three years stuff like heavy aim, the removal of splinter nades, ars, radar, the pro league format, lack of consistant communication with esl and 343 amoung others that to finally see what we've wanted for so long on main stage that its natural for people to revel in it a bit. its even more natural to see old fans come back and talk about how much more they enjoy h3 over h5

I think its important to look at those types of statements and realize that halo has been losing fans and viewers over the past few years and most comments made are less just shitting on something but just expressing the they prefer X over Y. any additional adjectives used to describe h5 isn't out of spite as much as it is years of pent up frustration and relief that halo may be returning to what they think made it great

I really think a more classic style for halo infinite could really reinvigorate the scene to hwc 2016 levels or better. we see what blops4 has done for cod so far after the slogged through IW and ww2. and if we move to mcc for the next year and if its hopefully run by mlg (please please please) I don't want to chase off returning fans by calling them out like this

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shout out to casters, observers, analysts. We dont need Pucket anymore honestly.

This event has been super hype and I'm definitely loving the 2v2 Halo 3 action, but I'd love to hear Puckett cast again.

Can't go wrong with a little Puckett action. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A bit sad this morning. I’ve come to the realization that even if Infinite is the classic halo that everyone wants and even if it’s the best/biggest Halo yet, I don’t think old pros will be back. They simply have moved on with their lives which is understandable. I wish I could go back in time and enjoy the Halo 3 days more because it was truly the pinnacle for me.

Anyway, got a great day lined up! Roy and Flame let’s get that W. Also want to see Rec get #1.

Just preaching to the choir here, but man H3 is so much fun to watch. People are actually getting excited about BR 4sks and Sniper headshots. And the art style, the better maps, no radar, no nade hitmarkers, and no abilities all add up to make a much more exciting game.

Please 343, announce a 4v4 throwback season at the end of this, hell throw in H2 and CE 2v2 in there as well. The numbers don't lie, there is definitely a crowd still interested in watching these games despite getting the short end of the stick schedule-wise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just to let you guys know that haven’t heard 343/HCS will make the announcement for the future of halo eSports right before the grand finals of the H5 Tournament to anyone that were wondering.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been busy with stuff this weekend, but H3 is soooooooooooo entertaining to watch.

We need this in 2019 with 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not downtalking H5 but the end of just that guardian game just now was more exhilarating than any moment in halo 5 ever had, please neg me if I’m lying

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That Construct game was beautiful work by Roy and Flame.

GMS don't want to battle, they're shook.

• Upvote (+1) 1