CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

sort of agree and disagree. They get full credit for putting on the event and everything but if H5 had never dropped I still would've checked out any advertised H3 event and still been playing MCC if I did want to play Halo like I do now

If Halo 5 had never dropped, there wouldn't have been any official tournaments, so there wouldn't be any viewership or any interest in Halo at all, or at least enough general interest to convince 343/MS that running a Halo 3 Tournament of any kind would be a good idea. 

Real Talk: We talk shit about Halo 5 and the direction 343 took the game a lot, but if we're honest, we wouldn't be watching Halo 3 2v2's on LAN at an official tournament in 2018 without the money and effort 343 put into building a competitive scene for Halo during the past few years. 

I don't think anyone isn't appreciative of the amount of financial support 343 has given over the last three years. Halo would still be at Halo 4 levels of dead if the HCS hadn't propped it up. Most of the problems I have are based solely on what I consider to be a really bad gameplay design philosophy over the course of their last two games. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know nothing about anything, but I have good feeling about future of Halo and Halo esports. Halo 5 is almost gone and we will have classic halo since Halo Infinite comes out.And I have a feeling that Infinite will have classic or close to classic playstyle in competitive playlists.

You can always hope, I guess.

Man just imagine if we had a full year of MLG Halo 3. I hope this is just a tease of whats to come.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Real Talk: We talk shit about Halo 5 and the direction 343 took the game a lot, but if we're honest, we wouldn't be watching Halo 3 2v2's on LAN at an official tournament in 2018 without the money and effort 343 put into building a competitive scene for Halo during the past few years. 

I see where you're coming from, but watching an h3 2v2 has nothing to do with the direction 343 took halo or h5. 343 after all these years is still struggling to cultivate a thriving competitive scene and that's partly due to their games and to the way the scene they do have has been run. h4 and h5 were not great games so reverting back to the most popular of the series makes sense as we wait for infinite. I have no clue whats next for competitive halo but my hope is the mlg gets to run a year of mcc tournaments. we need a year of a well run scene with a good game that people want to play. h5, esl, and these awful seasons of few events and tons of downtime have driven this scene into the ground and I think the 2v2 is testing the waters for moving on till infinite

ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!
ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!
ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!
ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!
ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!
ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!
ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 5

If 343 is planning on implementing a more traditional Halo game (No sprint),  a victory lap of Halo 3 would be a great way to re-energize a behemoth of a franchise/fan-base and to get the hype back up for a new Halo release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude, I love the refs reaction to the sniper shot. :)

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a ref go crazy over a play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that he fell off the map after that shot makes it better somehow.

He celebrated, jumped up with a scream, fell off the map AND UNPLUGGED HIS CONTROLLER

Does not get more epic than that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It is an absolute pleasure watching Roy. One of my favorite players not only in Halo but all of eSports. An absolute monster.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a ref go crazy over a play.

lol

For sure.

I just rewatched the clip.

Roy, his spartan and the Ref all jump up... but the spartan jumps off the map. lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is seriously incredible. This is what it's like to be truly excited to watch Halo again. My fingers are crossed so fucking hard that Infinite is a classic game, that does justice to the Halo name, and we have years and years of more of nights just like this one in store for us.

• Upvote (+1) 3