CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't want to speak too soon, but the lack of practice coming out of Splyce is showing (unless they just aren't taking pool play seriously).

EDIT: Spoke too soon.

That's a bit hyperbolic.

Yea I don't mean to knock Clutch or anything, because I really enjoy him at the commentator's desk with Elamite.

Did Splyce really not play H5 for two months? 

to be fair, how much has changed in halo since London? and splice has always seemed rusty on Fridays. I don't doubt they'll be fighting for a spot in the grand finals

to be fair, how much has changed in halo since London? and splice has always seemed rusty on Fridays. I don't doubt they'll be fighting for a spot in the grand finals

Trifecta had it and they let it slip between their fingers. I think playing a different shooter most definitely affected Splyce, so that series was Trifecta's to lose.

I am just disappointed that they don't seem to care, but that is nothing new with the squad.

If you didn't see:

Best Series: ALG vs Renegades at HWC 2016

Best Sniper: Frosty

Best Pistol Shot: Royal 2

Best Movement: Shotzzy

Best Overall Player: Frosty

• Upvote (+1) 9

The downtime at this event is fucking horrendous nearly 10 minute breaks between series and then 30 minutes of talking before the game even starts and then another break before the series starts?

This isn’t acceptable that’s nearly 40 minutes of downtime.

@@Tashi

Rough start, no doubt about it. Thanks for sticking with it. Happy that we stabilized but still a few kinks to iron out, expecting a tighter show tomorrow for sure. Super excited for Saturday with H5 and H3 going on at the same time, and both on mainstage during the day as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i love how Splyce was just owning not playing lol. "We'll be warmed up by Sunday" basically.

Haven't they said that every single event so far?

So I went out last night and just caught up on everything from last night. Here are some of my thoughts...

The production level is the highest we have seen in a long time. Simply incredible and I imagine it's even better being there. Thanks to everyone who is involved in all of that.

Was super amazing to see Wonderboy cast a match. Loved him and Onset together again. Thanks to Bravo if he gave up his spot to allow that to happen. Wonderboy you were great as always.

Was amazing to have Goldenboy up there for a bit he was hilarious as always. Definitely a global icon and national treasure. We are so lucky to have you in the Halo community.

Really looking forward to today can not wait for the rest of the matches and for some H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just caught up on yesterdays matches on the Twitch VOD. Bit of a rough start with the technical issues but there's been some good games so far. Gotta be honest though, I am PUMPED for some Halo 3 today! 

If you didn't see:

Best Series: ALG vs Renegades at HWC 2016

Best Sniper: Frosty

Best Pistol Shot: Royal 2

Best Movement: Shotzzy

Best Overall Player: Frosty

Great selections, but if we’re talking about the entirety of H5 then I think Snakebite should’ve won best overall player.

I think Frosty has definitely been the best player over the last year. And his best has probably been better than anyone else’s. But snakebite did so much the first 2 years IMO. If you go back and watch a lot of those close tournaments they pulled off, he was constantly making play after play to win games and was by far the most consistent on LAN. I also think Royal 2 was the best player for a period during the first year. Obviously Splyce have had their run where a few of their players (shottzy and stellur) could’ve made a case. But Snakebite, to me, had the longest period of time where I thought he was the top player. He is Mr. Consistent.

I’m not sure an argument could be made for somebody else with the other two awards. Royal 2 has had the best shot in Halo for awhile and Frosty’s snipe is the best. He can anchor with it just as well as Royal 2 and Snipedown, he can push aggressively and hit nearly every no scope like Shottzy... the man does it all with that weapon. In fact he is the best at utilizing all power weapons IMO. And Shottzy’s movement is just nutty.

Would’ve loved to have seen Snakebite and Lethul dual over most clutch player. Yes, that’s right, Tony “Lethul” Campbell is one of the clutchest players in Halo.

Hope today runs a little smoother. I’m excited to watch H5’s conclusion to see if Tox can go out on top and pumped to watch some H3. Enjoy watching the last H5 event. I know we’re all a little burnt out on it but it’s been a fun ride watching.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So will Halo 3 be shown on stream with the normal matches throughout the day, or not until 7?