CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's MCC, but it sounds like we may be able to get some Halo 1 in if people are interested.

Hit my line asap for thissssssss

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hit my line asap for thissssssss

That's what I like to hear!

Anybody who may be interested, let me know the best way to reach you while you're at the event and we can look to make this happen. It'll be nice if you can bring your own controller, but if not I'll bring a few extras.

@@Tashi For clarification, we'll be able to snag a couple systems for H1 right? They're not all going to be dedicated to H3 4v4 or something? We'll do split screen, I don't care.

That's what I like to hear!

Anybody who may be interested, let me know the best way to reach you while you're at the event and we can look to make this happen. It'll be nice if you can bring your own controller, but if not I'll bring a few extras.

@@Tashi For clarification, we'll be able to snag a couple systems for H1 right? They're not all going to be dedicated to H3 4v4 or something? We'll do split screen, I don't care.

It'll be open for whomever to jump on Saturday night and Sunday morning/afternoon after the stations are done being used for tournament play. They should have all of MCC installed on it, not just Halo 3. So if you snag a station, go play whatever you want.

• Upvote (+1) 5

we are shifting the way we're thinking about things right now on the esports side in hopes of setting the groundwork for Halo Infinite.

:prayers:  :intensifies:

We have a few tricks up our sleeves for the broadcast next week, you'll have to watch and see.

The tag works! :)

Halo esports will not be completely neglected until Halo Infinite, far from that in fact. The MCC team need to optimize for best player experience and have supported HCS activities all along the way. The Esports crowd is important for MCC, but is overall one piece of the pie. We'll talk a bit more about what's coming at DreamHack, and then continue to release more and more info as we go. Like mentioned in the blog we published a couple weeks ago, we are shifting the way we're thinking about things right now on the esports side in hopes of setting the groundwork for Halo Infinite.

So to clarify, the ability to play MLG 4v4 settings in matchmaking is being stripped away? Is the playlist just being removed temporarily or something? I get that it is one small segment of the population, but this is a really rude way to treat a portion of fans who have stuck around faithfully through some serious bullshit (if it is the case that it's being permanently removed). The H3 Hardcore playlist search times weren't even bad.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Shifting to MCC for HCS until Infinite makes sense, should ease the transition into a sprintless, ability-free Halo moving forward, right? Right?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Who is everyone's picks to win the H3 2v2 at Dreamhack?

Neighbor & Bestman?

Flamesword & Roy?

Gabriel & Fantasy?

Evadur?

Neighbor & Roy will go super saiyan at some point in the tournament.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Once again, Ninja refuses to grind for the 2v2 event and plays BR games on stream instead and just leaves Victory X out to dry. I’m honestly just sick of it. #JusticeForVictory

Ninja basically has a job, and that's to stream Fortnight all the time so he doesn't drop viewers and subs. VicX definitely knew this--haven't seen either of them talk about it but the most likely explanation is that they're competing in the 2v2 for fun and not taking it super seriously. Which really makes sense given that they've each had about a year's hiatus from competitive Halo.

Who is everyone's picks to win the H3 2v2 at Dreamhack?

Neighbor & Bestman?

Flamesword & Roy?

Gabriel & Fantasy?

Evadur?

Totz and Soviet? Mackeo?

Can’t count out Tusk and Master FeaR if they’re going.

Personally I see Fantasy and Gab winning it with Tusk and Master Fear getting a close second.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ready for ATL. Hoping TOX can end H5 on top.

Side note: Companies should watch Rocket League tournaments and see how production should be done. Their tournaments are always top notch. Such a fun game to play and even more exciting to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's always been pretty vocally supportive of the H2/H3 ranking system and games in general. Seems to be in the mind like most of us here that after that the series puked all over itself and hasn't had a good game from the start since. My own 2 cents, I think both of those systems were great, and I also liked BO2's system (removing modders,booters, standbyers, and all cheaters really from all three systems). I think they've all got their merit and for the life of me I can't figure out why those two series have veered so far away from them. Halo 5's ranking system was horseshit from the beginning in my eyes and broken as hell to boot.

From what I remember reading about the trueskill system is that it was copyrighted/patented by Microsoft so nobody else could make their own version of it. I assume a lot of game designers would have liked to have put it in their respective games but found they couldn't. 

Time for the update on Ninja.

Turns out he's actually just a massive cunt.

These young internet superstars suffer from a lack of consequence. Doesn't matter if they're trying to be good or not, they can get away with some really bad shit and still come out with millions of views and dollars. Look at TMartin or whatever his name is. Advertising illegal gambling to kids, apologises in his mansion and still rakes in the views.

You can't learn responsibility and respect if there's no consequence. Generally these people are so young that they haven't gone through enough life to be more mature. As much as we'd all like these people to be respectful, polite and funny, they're generally young adults that have been supershot to stardom through a medium with little to no accountability. You can try and be good, but when you do something lazy or bad and there are no short term repercussions, you'll probably do it again. Not many people have the self control (or give a shit) to stop at that age.

It's compounded when you have thousands or even millions of anonymous people (all who have no accountability either) watching your every professional move. Ready to comment, flame, support or troll.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, or really have anything to add to this particular incident, it's just that's it's a problem that probably can't be solved with this generation of social/internet media owners.

https://dreamhack.com/atlanta/watch/esports/hcs-2018-finals/ Pretty cool website by dreamhack for halo

For a long time now I've been complaining about how it's nearly impossible to find brackets and rosters in an organized, central location (or even at all in some cases). Stoked to see this tournament page provide a link to Smash.gg (which will be great for keeping up with both brackets and rosters if updated in a timely manner) and also go a step further with a link to the player handbook.

The stream links on the page suggest that there won't be a Bravo stream, which is disappointing, but still excited to see an improvement in organized, publicly accessible information. When things didn't improve along this front when MLG came back I pretty much gave up hope of anything like this happening. Props to Dreamhack and the tournament organizers for setting things up for success and good luck with the execution! 

343, next step is to make sure either this information is accessible on the halo.gg page or to link to the TO's page so viewers can tune in for their REQ packs and have the rest of the tournament information available in the same place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All that Ninja shit was blown so out of proportion it was ridiculous. Eventually things become so popular that becomes trendy to hate them. Ninja is now in that phase. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

All that Ninja shit was blown so out of proportion it was ridiculous. Eventually things become so popular that becomes trendy to hate them. Ninja is now in that phase.

Agreed. People don't realize that Ninja has always been like that. Hes an agressive and passionate dude and that's why I loved watching him play Halo. Watching many of the halo pros on stream or at LAN are so boring compared to Ninja. If you want to neuter Ninja you will lose what makes him entertaining in the first place.

No B stream? Plz NO!!!!!!!!!

This would be... inconvenient. 

Agreed. People don't realize that Ninja has always been like that. Hes an agressive and passionate dude and that's why I loved watching him play Halo. Watching many of the halo pros on stream or at LAN are so boring compared to Ninja. If you want to neuter Ninja you will lose what makes him entertaining in the first place.

Pretending like stream sniping isn't a thing and that he probably has put up with more of it than almost anyone else on this planet is kinda funny - I wonder how that works out in people's everyday lives. Does he accuse innocent people? Of course, we all make mistakes. Will he sniff out more cheaters than non cheaters? Uh huh.

snip

BIG yes. Has always been my biggest issue as well. The more live updated information the better.

Does anyone know the schedule for this weekend? I can see the stream start times each day, but anything more specific in terms of what is being played on stream when?