CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

10 casters to me is just crazy, remember when it was just 2.

"remember when"

- Halo fan motto.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So it looks like T2 is still stuck in timeout and also disappointing that Lethal isn’t at this event I think he’s one of the best analysts we have.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Skyrim, Witcher 3, and even the past two Assassin's Creed games do open-world very well ... I really don't think that Rockstar has figured it out (despite the sales figures for GTA5). 

Honestly I just don't get it with Rockstar ... the controls and gunplay are so bad that I literally can't enjoy the games.  Rockstar games in the past decade are just a set of mediocre mini-games (go golfing!  rob a bank!) in a mediocre open world, with pretty good writing (GTA5) or really good writing (RDR2).  But they've made literally $100 quadrillion so obviously I'm missing something

They're popular because they are easy frankly.  My wife just beat RDR2 and i only had to handle like 2 fight sequences for her.  She can't even move and shoot at the same time but she could handle riding a horse and shooting dual pistols just fine in this game. There is also very little decision making when it comes to character progression. Similar to Skyrim (though skyrim was much much deeper in this regard), you level up doing shit because you are doing shit, so it automatically makes you stronger in the ways that you like to play the game. You don't have to change your style at all. The game caters to you instead of you to it.  I'm not even saying them being easy is a bad thing per se given that they are single player games, but that does make them easy for anybody to play.  And I do think that video games are the best story telling medium out there that very very few developers have really grasped, especially not AAA, but rockstar has.  People really like that aspect as much or more than the actual gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You have no idea how excited I am to cast H3 with Dave, this is like a little boys dream, we are going to cast the shit out of it and have so much fucking fun.

And you better fucking bet I'll be right there in ATL because God knows when an event like this is gonna happen again.  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always have to do a double take when people use the abbreviation RDR2 here and on social because my eyes always see R2D2.
Like, "why is everyone talking about Star Wars all of a sudden?"

• Upvote (+1) 8

We need to do another Beyond group photo In Atlanta <3

Like the one we had in that bar next to the Convention center last year?  :thinking:

I forgot I even followed this page on Facebook, and I really don't know anything about who runs it or whatever.

But something is happen

5d9hd2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

I forgot I even followed this page on Facebook, and I really don't know anything about who runs it or whatever.

But something is happen

5d9hd2.jpg

MLG owns FB doesn't it? I highly doubt you'd see a fan page for it if so... happy to be corrected and its a great brand after all, not so happy if some one tried to copy the name or it ends up been a low rated shit team in another game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct,

And to piggy back on this I think caster pairings are just the way to go moving forward. I've really enjoyed casting with Elamite when we did the 2K's and I wish we could do that at an event but the pairings are so strong now and the chemistry will only get better.

Wow, you would come in here on your birthday and not even try to wiggle it into the conversation.

Happy birthday!

We need to do another Beyond group photo In Atlanta <3

One hundred percent yes! But we'll have a problem to solve, who is going to snipe all of the rep this time?

If I give you guys a picture of me can someone photoshop me in

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup... I remember. :apg:

Happy birthday! You’re honestly one of my favourite people.

2 casters would be crazy unless there is zero budget. All 10 people in that tweet are not casters. Lottie is a host. Clutch is an analyst at the desk. Gaskin does interviews. Wonderboy is an observer. Let's say 5-6 casters rotating through. Maybe there will even be a Bravo stream...

Well, shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct,

And to piggy back on this I think caster pairings are just the way to go moving forward. I've really enjoyed casting with Elamite when we did the 2K's and I wish we could do that at an event but the pairings are so strong now and the chemistry will only get better.

I wish you were gonna be at atl.

Happy birthday though!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have to agree the robotic personalities after wins does kinda suck as a viewing experience. It's almost like they try to be nonchalant about it which is weird. Then again if it's genuine you can't really force people to react a certain way. Judging by their streams you can tell these are laid back and chill people so. Nevertheless it's a bad look for the broadcast, couple that with the craptastic and awkward interviews, meh.

FYI I will 100% be at ATL. I'm doing another event that I was pre-booked for ages ago (like in March of this year before this event was even announced) but I spoke to Tashi and I'll try to drop by as much as I can. I really want to watch this 2v2 tournament!

A 30 second finals intro is all we need, just to send off H5 with the Goldenboy touch. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know what 343's plan is here, but I hope they have one. If we're going to MCC after Atlanta, there will be no h2a, h3, or h2c hardcore playlist. In their community spotlight they announced that these will be the only ranked playlists. I understand the population is super low and you can barely get games, but if HCS is actually moving to MCC these playlists will get a solid bump in population. Just put one hardcore playlist in for whatever game we're playing and this should fix all of the issues. (If 2019 is all h3 2v2 may god help us)

• Halo CE Team Doubles
  • Halo 2 Classic Team Arena
  • Halo 2 Anniversary Team Arena
  • Halo 3 Team Arena
  • Halo 3 Hardcore Team Doubles
  • Halo 3 Lone Wolves (6 player).

@@Tashi (idk if that even tags or not, have never done it before) Can you update on this? I'm beginning to get very worried that Halo Esports is going to be completely neglected until Halo Infinite. We finally have our shit together in terms of production for events and content from the HCS twitter and to abandon whats left of the player base by removing all of their playlists doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2