CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was going to guess Roy. Wooo! Wish to have seen RoyBox but ill take this. Hope we get to see him on stream.

Actually I hope we get to see him on Vision too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

byoc is way off to the side just an fyi. There are crts at the event but theyre in the smash section

Yeah, this pretty much confirms I'm not doing this. I don't feel like asking Halo people to go across the convention center to play two games of Halo 1. Thanks for the information.

I'll be there!

Awesome! I'm looking forward to hanging out again!

This would have been a billion time better if he wasn't on what looks to be a laptop/mobile broadband.

If you look closely it’s actually McDonalds WiFi.

There’s only so much Wi and so much Fi to go around.

Prediction: Halo infinite Beta will be announced after ATL. December or super early next year. Jan or Feb.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The real question is, has Flamesword and Roy practiced for atl at all?

Not a lot by the sounds of it. Roy played for the first time a few weeks ago.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not a lot by the sounds of it. Roy played for the first time a few weeks ago.

Flamesword started playing again when the event was announced IIRC. Anyway, it's like riding a bike for most.

Flamesword started playing again when the event was announced IIRC. Anyway, it's like riding a bike for most.

a bike that some nerds have been riding since 2007 with no breaks

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been slowly watching all the 2007 Halo 2 event VoDs but have hit a brick wall with Orlando 2007. The video on MrGlobalHD's channel has been taken down due to a copyright claim from UMG and there doesn't seem to be any other source online. Anyone know of any alternatives or has that one event been pretty much been lost? I'm kinda surprised that MLG doesn't seem to have its own uploads anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

a bike that some nerds have been riding since 2007 with no breaks

Yeah but they never made it big when the title had a pro scene, and after that the quality of competition... Well... Not that great.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah but they never made it big when the title had a pro scene, and after that the quality of competition... Well... Not that great.

True. But this is 2v2 not 4v4, nobody was a pro 2v2 player in H3. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been slowly watching all the 2007 Halo 2 event VoDs but have hit a brick wall with Orlando 2007. The video on MrGlobalHD's channel has been taken down due to a copyright claim from UMG and there doesn't seem to be any other source online. Anyone know of any alternatives or has that one event been pretty much been lost? I'm kinda surprised that MLG doesn't seem to have its own uploads anywhere.

This is all I could find.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't really check right now for any other videos but am curious why this is a copyright issue under UMG. Am I missing something here?

• Upvote (+1) 1

it bothers me that all we have are these 240p vods when those mlg episodes clearly show mlg has the 480p vods that they're sitting on :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

it bothers me that all we have are these 240p vods when those mlg episodes clearly show mlg has the 480p vods that they're sitting on :(

Probably a lack of financial incentive. While not necessarily difficult to upload those videos, someone has to do it. Depending on how much they were to upload (a man can dream about individual player POVs), uploading their highest quality, full-broadcast stream for every event is a handful of videos to say the least. 

However, they do have a decent amount of them already uploaded, which would lighten the load, but outside of us on these boards...how many people would be watching? One could make the argument that it's for the preservation of MLG history, but with the old guard from MLG basically gone who knows what the guys upstairs are thinking? I remember when Mr. Global HD was getting into with MLG for his uploads until they came to an agreement. I know that taking all of the videos down that they hosted makes sense financially, but not transitioning the most important, foundational years of the company to YouTube doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I wonder if they have simply lost some of the data over the years? That would be tragic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

to this day I still can’t believe that I was happy watching 240p for so many years lol

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've been asking if the community will ever see the old CE and H2 POV Vods from MLG staff members on Twitter for a few years now.  Hundreds of videos documenting and detailing our legacy as an Esports all wiped off the internet.  Each time I am ignored.

• Upvote (+1) 7