CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

^ none that will be fun to play on

Maybe if the xbox had a digital port on it something could be done for that but i doubt you will find anytging good

I recommend going to salvation army stores to find CRTs, my universitys smash club hit the jackpot there and snagged 5 of those including a godly trinitron.

I'd be flying in though, so getting CRTs and hauling them to the event to donate them back after I don't think is realistic for how much I care to make it happen.

I appreciate the feedback on the converters though, thanks.

If there is one nearby where the location is i’d check those out or see if locals have any there.

Wish u luck in your endeavors my friend

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need a CE setup

It was really close to happening but fell through. Would absolutely love to host something like this at a future event. I had more fun getting others to play than playing myself.

the feels. 

it was great to hear what @@Batchford had to say about it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be flying in though, so getting CRTs and hauling them to the event to donate them back after I don't think is realistic for how much I care to make it happen.

I appreciate the feedback on the converters though, thanks.

I can try to get you in touch with some local Atlanta players. @@Knighty Knight surely would know a few. I think a guy named Alex hosts and Unit should probably have some equipment.

We were in touch with 343 about doing something like this. We thought it would be like Daytona where they allocated space and rented our equipment to host the stations that were open to the public to come check out. Instead, it seemed like they were asking us to do what you are looking to do, which is purchase our tickets, buy our space in the BOYC area and host our own setup. I can certainly try to point you in the right direction with equipment and even get you in touch with the guy who contacted us from Dreamhack. 

I would have loved to make it happen but it was a little too last minute for me to budget with flights and hotels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope I'm not reading too much into this, but this makes me worried European player salaries are, on the whole, lower than their NA counterparts.  If it's better for Str8 Rippin to invest in the top European team than it is for a top 12-16 NA Halo team in this competitive ecosystem...It makes me think EU players are getting chump change in comparison to what NA players were making the last few years.

I can try to get you in touch with some local Atlanta players. @@Knighty Knight surely would know a few. I think a guy named Alex hosts and Unit should probably have some equipment.

We were in touch with 343 about doing something like this. We thought it would be like Daytona where they allocated space and rented our equipment to host the stations that were open to the public to come check out. Instead, it seemed like they were asking us to do what you are looking to do, which is purchase our tickets, buy our space in the BOYC area and host our own setup. I can certainly try to point you in the right direction with equipment and even get you in touch with the guy who contacted us from Dreamhack. 

I would have loved to make it happen but it was a little too last minute for me to budget with flights and hotels.

Honestly the more I look into it, the more of a pain it seems to be. We would probably want two tables, but it doesn't seem like we can guarantee they'll be anywhere close to each other. I'm not entirely sure what the rules are regarding bringing stuff in and removing it later, you are only allowed small bags in the venue so bringing in and taking things out would be a pain. You get one chair per table rented, you can bring one extra chair per table but it's just another step. Depending on the size of the TVs, fitting them on the table may be iffy.

All of this mixed in with the fact that we may struggle to find four people to play regularly, and it's enough for me to have second thoughts. I reached out to Dreamhack to ask if there's anything they could do to help, depending on their response I may hit you up to reach out to these other players, but already it seems like it's not worth it and I haven't began the hard part yet.

I appreciate the offer to help, I hope something can happen but I'm not about to invest a ton of work into it.

EDIT: Looks like I was looking at an old set of rules, now it's one table per person. So we would have to rent out four tables to play 2v2. There's nothing about allowing different people in if one wants a break.

I hope I'm not reading too much into this, but this makes me worried European player salaries are, on the whole, lower than their NA counterparts.  If it's better for Str8 Rippin to invest in the top European team than it is for a top 12-16 NA Halo team in this competitive ecosystem...It makes me think EU players are getting chump change in comparison to what NA players were making the last few years.

"Invest" is a strong word. There hasn't really been a return on the money orgs put into Halo for a while and that's even truer now that Atlanta is the last big money event for the foreseeable future. That in mind I'm sure EU players are making less, especially long term, than NA players. As cynical and unfortunate as it may be, that's probably a requirement for orgs to even support these EU teams.

This EU team has a chance at a top 8 finish. Great pickup by Str8. There was no other NA teams that they could pick up that are this talented.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anybody know if there's any "decent" RCA to HDMI converters? I could bring Xboxes, and I may be able to rent a couple monitors from Dreamhack as well as BYOC space. There's no way I'm tracking down CRTs though.

byoc is way off to the side just an fyi. There are crts at the event but theyre in the smash section
  • Upvote (+1) 1

byoc is way off to the side just an fyi. There are crts at the event but theyre in the smash section

We shall take over the smash section

• Upvote (+1) 1