CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

An open API for HDH I could see. But an observer mode I would assume would be pretty hard other than maybe for H2A.

there is one built into regular halo 2. Just update it a little.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So if the DH 2vs2 doesn’t perform we can basically expect sweet fuck all in terms of tournaments well if 343 was trying to kill the HCS they’re doing a great job cause having no events is a great way to do that.

Like at this point 343 really needs to take a look at what the CWL does format wise cause it’s honestly the gold standard and a scaled down version of that would be fantastic for Halo tbh.

It’s no wonder why Frosty decided to make the switch it seems like there’s a whole lotta nothing on the horizon I can see a lot more pros trying to switch as well.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Stoked for DH ATL in what is setting up to be a proper send-off for top-level H5 play. Has been an incredible ride! 

Hope to see you guys there supporting it in person! <3 

• Upvote (+1) 9

An announcement on the future of the HCS that basically says "we got nothing. You better watch the 1 match of Halo 3 that will be streamed if you want something". Only 343. 

Couldn't have said it better.

Must be nice being in the HCS and making salary 

This is the worst possible outcome I could have imagined that moving forward. The fact that they don't even have event dates to give us or prize pools speaks a lot about how bad this is. Say bye to players like Shotzzy and Frosty till Infinite if not forever.

Yeah that "announcement" is a slap in the face to the entire community. I'd be incredibly embarrassed to be on the HCS team. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

You know "The scope and specifics of potential MCC competitive offerings will be largely dependent on how well the 2v2 Showdown performs in terms of participation and viewership." in combination with

really bothers me. No offense but how the fuck do people expect to get accurate streaming metrics for something if you bury it inside of another games stream. Especially considering a lot of people who might like H3 tournaments may really not enjoy anything about H5. I'm not saying it should take over the H5 stream but not having a side stream for it? Questionable when this is apparently something of import for the future of that particular game and tournaments for it
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I intepret this a little different than most of you. Even if the Halo 3 2v2 pulls in 100k viewers I don't think that means major MCC tournaments. I'm assuming major events like we're used to are done until Infinite, period. Instead they focus on Microsoft store, and "major" grassroots events, no clue what those major events look like. These events will be a mix of different Halos via MCC and Halo 5. Based on Tashi's tweets, we'll learn more in Atlanta.

I think there's potential for some Microsoft store events having Halo Infinite playable. This will be further down the line but they specifically mentioned their desire to have the competitive community's perspective and they want the game playable early, so featuring an early build that you can play by going to a local event I think has the potential to bring in a lot of people and grow stronger local scenes. You make friends, somebody hosts a LAN, and you can possibly build a small community by hosting a couple events. It's what happened in my city for an 18 month old game, imagine the potential of a brand new one that's not released yet.

It's definitely weird having the pro scene disappear. I didn't think Halo 5 was realistic to expect, and I didn't feel MCC was a realistic either, yet for some reason I never considered nothing as an option for 343 to choose.

While I appreciate 343's continued interest in Halo esports despite the fact that they will have to invest in a complete competitive reboot for Halo Infinite no matter what happens, their ideas for how to proceed are definitely ill conceived. 

I just don't get how you can justify gauging the viability of a MCC future for the HCS using a side tournament that wont be fully streamed, at an event where the best players in Halo cannot easily participate, with 2v2 gametypes. Just doesn't seem reasonable.

they probably already have their decision made up. 

I really hope theres a full roadmap in place and the future of HCS for 2019 is showcased so the players have a timeline, if they have nothing to play for the whole scene will just nose dive into blackops.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really hope theres a full roadmap in place and the future of HCS for 2019 is showcased so the players have a timeline, if they have nothing to play for the whole scene will just nose dive into blackops.

I don’t mind this. I am also playing a lot of Black ops right now. Haven’t touched h5 since cod’s release. It’s kind of cool to see where Halo players would end up in the competitive scene over here. Once this game has had its year of MLG tourneys, then we can focus back on halo and maybe just maybe we will be close to an Ifinite release.

v0gZ221.png

was this supposed to build hype for next year because this announcement is depressing. i'm glad we're moving on from h5 and that infinite is being built for esports but to tell us that their essentially going dark next year unless the 2v2 is successful is insane to me. i8 cant stand how this company is driving their product into the ground. like @TheSimms said there needs to be a full roadmap at atl with plenty of solid events or our players are just going to leave for other games

• Upvote (+1) 2

For those still looking to interact and discuss events in the future, we will probably make a "Halo Esports 2019 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏" for next year. I know this year hasn't been the most productive for discussion, but I know there are tons of passionate people out there that want to discuss them still, and the memes of course.

I may also hand over the reins to anybody that is interested in doing OP for the thread.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo has so many talented players and truthfully speaking they deserve better than this shit, the best thing can do imo is just move on to bigger and better games where they will get the recognition they deserve.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those still looking to interact and discuss events in the future, we will probably make a "Halo Esports 2019 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏" for next year. I know this year hasn't been the most productive for discussion, but I know there are tons of passionate people out there that want to discuss them still, and the memes of course.

I may also hand over the reins to anybody that is interested in doing OP for the thread.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

it’s just game fatigue, H5 had reasonable viewership the first two years even with ESL. it’s good that 343 are taking their time but honestly 2020 is a joke ... i enjoy H5 more than most of you but I played maybe three days last month

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think one last Halo 5 World Championship would've been a proper sendoff but at least the game is finally coming to a competitive end. If HCS events in 2019 & 2020 are just going to be one off MCC events without a season structure then I'd prefer not to watch until Halo Infinite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly this could damn near kill Halo competitively. No major events until Infinite with no information on it is just bleak. If I was a Halo pro I'd just move on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

there is one built into regular halo 2. Just update it a little.

Wait, an API or a spectator mode?

That would have been insane if a console game in 2004 had a spectator mode.