CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ugh another month

z1oqC8k.gif

And I can't wait, DH last year was pretty hype so I expect even better things now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If only @@Cratos was around to keep things interesting still.

i bet cratos, like everyone who's stopped posting here, is just plain bored. there is very little going on and what does happen has such little fanfare around it that it goes unnoticed.H5 is tiresome by this point, this hcs format is awful, and there is no gameplay of the next game so that's probably at least a year away. this is a scene hanging on solely by the money ms is investing in it. the best team and one of the best players are going over to cod. there is so much more going on in other games that its easy to just forget about this game. i've been following this scene for the better part of 10 years and it makes me feel sad to see it die on incompetence like this

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope with switching to halo 3 on mcc that people will start taking halo more seriously and actually practice. I understand not wanting to play halo 5, but at the same time the biggest open even in halo history is a month away and nobody gives a fuck. Sucks, im still excited though.

the biggest open even in halo history is a month away and it seems like nobody gives a fuck

ftfy.

i want to see mikwen go off with snipe and dominate the event

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huh, looks like Excelerate is running with Falcated now instead of Taulek... he was on the team for a total of 16 days.

Anyway, I'm SUPER excited for DH ATL. Gonna have to make a splash with our #BrownWall roster  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 1

As good as this play is, the second kill was in no way a headshot. Not even remotely close to the head.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i bet cratos, like everyone who's stopped posting here, is just plain bored. there is very little going on and what does happen has such little fanfare around it that it goes unnoticed.H5 is tiresome by this point, this hcs format is awful, and there is no gameplay of the next game so that's probably at least a year away. this is a scene hanging on solely by the money ms is investing in it. the best team and one of the best players are going over to cod. there is so much more going on in other games that its easy to just forget about this game. i've been following this scene for the better part of 10 years and it makes me feel sad to see it die on incompetence like this

Halo is my favourite competitive title by far and it hurts to say but the game is only being kept alive by adrenaline shots at this point.

No one is excited about anything, there's no constant stream of information, there's just no reason to be invested in the HCS. There's small little exciting things and then no one capitalises on that to turn it into any form of momentum and things flat line again.

Like you I've been following and invested for over 10 years. I've made friends from the Halo community and overall it's been a huge part of my life. But I've stopped coming here as much as I used to because I know I'll be able to catch up on every post in maximum 5 minutes, and that's not a slight at Team Beyond or the users it's that no one is posting or talking because there's nothing to talk about.

• Upvote (+1) 9

https://twitter.com/MendingMercy/status/1052273987731038211

(To be clear I don't actually agree with Doc, rather Halo stay away from BR until we can at least get competitive figured out)

I ageee with him.

Having a BR mode instead of some shit war zone, Spartan ops or what the fuck ever can do no harm to Halo at all.

The “they should focus on the multiplayer” argument is dumb because they would of had 5 years making this game, oh and it’s you know Microsoft so they can just get a whole new team for the BR mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As sad as it is to admit, I basically still keep up with Halo out of habit more than anything else. Halo 5 has never interested me, save for watching large tournaments. There's nothing on the horizon, the scene is hanging on by a thread, and I'm all but certain Infinite with be another game with sprint, which means it won't appeal to me. I don't think I'll ever not care about Halo, it's always been my favorite franchise by a mile, but it really would be nice to have something, anything really, to genuinely look forward too. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I’m the same I don’t really watch Halo 5 outside of big tournaments anymore haven’t for years I don’t care for the gameplay enough to watch regular gameplay anymore.

The game is incredibly old and stale and it’s not fun for me to play either due to the god forsaken aiming and it not having classic gameplay.

It's really weird. Around worlds this year everything seemed to be exciting. We were back with MLG, MCC was going to be fixed, we had a great worlds event, Microsoft store LANs were all across North America, and we were looking forward to Halo news at E3.

Maybe I'm just biased because I went to an event for the first time, but everything seemed to be steadily going upwards. Now it feels like we're holding on for dear life again yet in my opinion the output from 343 has only improved over the last twelveish months.

Sadly I don't know how you fix game fatigue other than a new game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's really weird. Around worlds this year everything seemed to be exciting. We were back with MLG, MCC was going to be fixed, we had a great worlds event, Microsoft store LANs were all across North America, and we were looking forward to Halo news at E3.

Maybe I'm just biased because I went to an event for the first time, but everything seemed to be steadily going upwards. Now it feels like we're holding on for dear life again yet in my opinion the output from 343 has only improved over the last twelveish months.

Sadly I don't know how you fix game fatigue other than a new game.

I'd say the announcement of MLGs return was the last time anything remotely exciting happened tbh. The funny thing is, I feel like way too much stock was put into them "reviving" the scene. The tournaments are simply run well. That's it. Which is what we deserved from the beginning but HA ESL. Haven't seen Clap here in awhile. Like Timo levels. It's not like he'd have much to say though.

Other than that, right before worlds is when people stopped streaming and talking about Halo. My hope was the 343 would announce something at E3, because at this point, with BLOPS 4, Fornight, etc nothing but a new Halo will "save" us. Like yaaay a Halo 3 2v2 for a change of pace after 3 years of the same stuff. Personally, while I will enjoy the change, classic Halo tournaments aren't really gonna do much for most people. I see sightly better viewership being a possibility though.

Gonna be a rough wait for infinite.

Good job guys. Props.