CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well when you served it wasn't the 1940's when female amputees led the charge, so stop acting like you're time in the service was anything like WW2 :kappa:

But really, thank you for your service

Lmao, yeah I must have missed that memo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no way huke comes back. nv got a pretty good roster coming out of cod rostermania and there is so much money in cod spread out over the season vs just a couple of tournamnets in halo

Oh yeah, no way in hell. I guess thats kind of my point, i will be surprised if i'm surprised.

Splyce? Maybe not. Tox, however, will be challenged. Happened many times before.

Yeah, mostly by splyce though. I just don't see it, but like i said.  I'll be happy to be wrong.  Will certainly make for better viewing.

Reinstall H5, hop on some HCS playlist to try it out. First map? Empire Strongholds.

Why in the fuck does anyone still play this game anymore

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Regarding BFV:

The trailer was shit, no way around it. Which is strange, since DICE usually puts out excellent trailers. But from what I've heard, it's not really representative of the game. After watching the whole reveal as well as a few BTS videos, a lot of the features actually sound really fun and fit into what I recognize as Battlefield. 

If you want to bitch and moan about wacky unrealistic character customization (Which has been commonplace in the 2010s) and that sours the experience enough for you to not make a purchase, I don't know what to tell you and don't particularly care.

On another note, it's nice to see more franchises cutting out season passes and going with cosmetic micro transactions for post-launch revenue. Kinda surprised to see EA doing it with their biggest franchise. Hopefully it's not cut content.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One more thing to drag this out, I think the population of "sexist women haters" in gaming is pretty small, like any subsets of various populations. I could almost guarantee there as just as many "white male haters" out there.

LOL
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

LOL

How many people do you really believe are hard line sexists who hate women? Like really, not just the average 13 year old that say "get raped" in a game. Im 100% sure there are some creepy incels living in a basement somewhere that truly hate women, but that number is likely extremely small, just as I pointed out in that example.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Eh, that "hate" women not a lot.  But sexist and loud about it? quite a few IRL.  But put people on the internet and things get way worse.  I had a very notable night of overwatch not that long ago.  Playing quickplay and randomly got matched up with a party of 2, one girl one guy and after that we partied up for a while.  that leaves only 3 people to join the team and we kept backing out and requeuing because every other fucking game some artard would be a sexist prick to the girl on our team because she had the balls to actually communicate.  We told the guys to shut up and she was just like, "don't worry about it i deal with it all the time. I've given up at this point".  It was kind of ridiculous.

The shit that female gamers have to go through in any kind competitive game is frankly sad and embarrassing.

Was she a Mercy one trick? 

JK

There's a female that we play with on a semi regular basis, usually in a 4 stack, and I'd definitely get annoyed if I heard the kind of stuff she does night in and night out. I feel like the problem stems not from guys who hate women or whatever, and more from the anonymity of the internet. When dudes who have trouble with girls in real life end up meeting and having a chance at interacting with them on a video game, they usually take it to the extreme. They're either overly critical, or overly nice and affectionate based solely on the fact that they're talking to a girl. Both are equally cringey. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Was she a Mercy one trick? 

JK

There's a female that we play with on a semi regular basis, usually in a 4 stack, and I'd definitely get annoyed if I heard the kind of stuff she does night in and night out. I feel like the problem stems not from guys who hate women or whatever, and more from the anonymity of the internet. When dudes who have trouble with girls in real life end up meeting and having a chance at interacting with them on a video game, they usually take it to the extreme. They're either overly critical, or overly nice and affectionate based solely on the fact that they're talking to a girl. Both are equally cringey. 

Supporting the 13 year old virgin idea. But yeah, even in a game when you roll a female avatar you get creepy overly nice guys hitting you up, not so much women hating, but guys who have zero game or have zero social skills. Also, I have met some creeper girls on games and forums, so the pendulum swings both ways, we tend to think of this being solely a male problem, but that's the perception because of the over abundance of men who game compared to females. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Supporting the 13 year old virgin idea. But yeah, even in a game when you roll a female avatar you get creepy overly nice guys hitting you up, not so much women hating, but guys who have zero game or have zero social skills. Also, I have met some creeper girls on games and forums, so the pendulum swings both ways, we tend to think of this being solely a male problem, but that's the perception because of the over abundance of men who game compared to females.

Jesus you're delusional.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

on the flip side, I'm stoked for customisation in Battlefield. Hopefully we'll see it in the next modern battlefield, so that we can change our uniform camo, plate carriers, helmets, face wear etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please chill with this back and forth, future posts will be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I take it we're all getting a complimentary pair of a40's?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I take it we're all getting a complimentary pair of a40's?

Oh you didn't get the memo? All premium members got the new A80s that haven't been announced yet, as well as a preview copy of Halo 6 and the patched version of MCC.
  • Upvote (+1) 3