FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So uh, this is happening: https://www.twitch.tv/Halo

In case anyone else had no fucking clue. I swear if you don't memorise the dates for these things on the day of the bulletin you ain't gonna know.

Maybe it's just me?

EDIT: Of course. God dammit Scarecrow

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 1

After Shotzzy and Frosty I would put Mikwen as the third best player right now. He's amazing every time I watch him play.

After Shotzzy and Frosty I would put Mikwen as the third best player right now. He's amazing every time I watch him play.

Pfft please. Any player outside of Tox and Splyce should not even be mentioned as top 5 in the game right now.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Pfft please. Any player outside of Tox and Splyce should not even be mentioned as top 5 in the game right now.

Mikwen is incredible but that was very much a statement heavily influenced by the hype of the moment. Looking at the story of ToX you cannot deny them the top 4 spots right now. I think Renegades have always had the capability to win an event (as well as REC). But it comes down to closing series/games out. TOX just capitalize on mistakes better than anyone. Heinz mentioned on Twitter that the more comfortable APG gets with his teammates the better and better the team will become and I totally agree.. RNG will be stronger than ever in Atlanta.

If you think Lethul is better than Mikwen and Saiyan and Snipedown then I don't know what to say. Today and Spylce don't have the top 8 players in the game. If that was the case they would destroy RNG and REC everyone they played.

If you think Lethul is better than Mikwen and Saiyan and Snipedown then I don't know what to say. Today and Spylce don't have the top 8 players in the game. If that was the case they would destroy RNG and REC everyone they played.

I agree with you in that Lethul might not be better than Mikwen/Saiyan/Snipedown. But I do disagree with the basis of your argument being that if Tox/Splyce were really the top 8 players than they would destroy everyone they played.

1. Just because they are the top 8 players doesn't mean the skill gap is huge in terms of individual talent, because we know it's not.
  2. It may not look like they are 'destroying' teams on a game by game basis, but the fact is that Tox has never placed outside the top 2 over Halo 5's lifespan, which in my book is pure domination.

Combine that with the fact that Splyce hasn't placed outside the top 2 in the last 5 events, and top 3 in the last 6 events. In fact Snipedown and Mikwen haven't placed top 2 since the second HWC, and that was Shotzzy and Renegade's first major H5 LAN event as a duo if I'm not mistaken. Every major event since then Splyce and Tox have outplaced Mikwen/Snipedown - including DH Denver when Liquid took 2nd (with Eco and Stellur).

So yea Lethul may or may not be a top 8 player, but I don't think there's any question that over the lifespan of H5 these 8 players have been dominating.

In fact Snipedown and Mikwen haven't placed top 2 since the second HWC, and that was Shotzzy and Renegade's first major H5 LAN event as a duo if I'm not mistaken.

Renegade was on Str8 for this event. Their first event as a duo was Atlanta 2017, which they won

Rosters for 2017 HWC finals if anyone was curious;

Splyce - Shotzzy, Falcated, Bubu, Shooter

Str8 - Renegade, Ace, APG, Heinz

• Upvote (+1) 7

Renegade was on Str8 for this event. Their first event as a duo was Atlanta 2017, which they won

Rosters for 2017 HWC finals if anyone was curious;

Splyce - Shotzzy, Falcated, Bubu, Shooter

Str8 - Renegade, Ace, APG, Heinz

Oh yea my b, I forgot Splyce formed without Renegade at first.

I never said that Lethul is better than- Mikwen, Saiyan, and Snipedown. I am however saying that any current TOP 5 H5 players list should not contain any players outside of Tox and Splyce.

teammates matter ... what if Shotzzy was on a lower-tier team and hadn't been picked up by Splyce?  he would still be individually an amazing player but somehow he would be penalized for bad luck in placings + teammates? 

placings aren't the only indication of individual skill.  Pistola placed t32 at the first H3 event, ffs

• Upvote (+1) 3

teammates matter ... what if Shotzzy was on a lower-tier team and hadn't been picked up by Splyce?  he would still be individually an amazing player but somehow he would be penalized for bad luck in placings + teammates? 

placings aren't the only indication of individual skill.  Pistola placed t32 at the first H3 event, ffs

I agree. People get carried even pros. The top players are all not on Tox and Spylce. Imo its the 3rd and 4th best players on Tox and Spylce that make them better than others. They all have 4 players who can go off at any time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you want to get technical they weren't under SPLYCE until they acquired Renegod.. their team was just called Inconceivable.

Pretty sure they were only inconceivable for 1 event then got picked up by Splyce for the remainder of the hwc. Renegade then joined after hwc 17.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Pretty sure they were only inconceivable for 1 event then got picked up by Splyce for the remainder of the hwc. Renegade then joined after hwc 17.

Youre right. Damn, that Str8 roster (APG, Heinz, Ace, Renegod) was a pleasure to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Time and time again I see lethul winning games for tox while frosty or royal 2 get all the praise because of their numbers. I'd be willing to bet you can put lethul on a team without as much slaying power and he would step up and slay with the best of them. He's always in the right spot, doing what is best for the team, and does it better than anyone else in the world. I have him in my top 5 h5 players rn.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Shotzzy was 15ish at the beginning of Halo 5 and it's been three years, maybe he won't be 18 in time for the first event, but maybe in time for the second?

Still crazy to think about this dual-game team. Wasn't Frosty supposedly playing with them as well?

odd that they wouldn't announce the fifth.  also Shotzzy being underage for most of the CWL season seems a bit problematic lol.  

anyway they'll probably place top 8 at absolute best, alas

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anything like this ever happened before? One pro roster of the same people actively competing in two games at the same time?

• Upvote (+1) 1