CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Those teams merged and dominated 2011 Reach...There really are just a few players through Halo's competitive history who have just been a dominant force for so long. Really interesting to look back at it after all these years and still see how strong the left their mark.

Instinct lost 3 out of the six events they competed in (if you count the one MLG tournament its 4 out of seven) with a fifth place finish in one event. A good team but hardly super dominant.

R6 Siege 3rd most popular FPS eSport. Halo is dad lets become a Siege forum. 

Siege right now is a better esport now then Halo ever was. Don't @ me.

Instinct lost 3 out of the six events they competed in (if you count the one MLG tournament its 4 out of seven) with a fifth place finish in one event. A good team but hardly super dominant.

The "God Squad" as we know it formed after the first event, placing in the top 2 for 4/5 of those events (wining 3 including the national championship).

Only blemish on that is the 5th place before nationals...but then they took the season which says a lot. I think that defines them as the dominant team for '11, without a doubt. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know the depression rate in the halo esport community? I feel like it is a lot higher than other communities, and am very interested in actual numbers if people have some.

A vast majority of the community came from the golden age of competitive Halo (H2->H3) and a lot of us lost our favorite franchise that we spent a good percentage of our lives being involved in (with the community, in-game, or otherwise). I'd imagine it's not as high as we think, but it would probably be centered around those who just haven't moved on. 

I would probably be willing to bet that the leading cause is centered around those who lost a lot of their friends because of the decline in the community; but that's just me speaking from my own experience, albeit I'm not depressed. Just moved on to better things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A vast majority of the community came from the golden age of competitive Halo (H2->H3) and a lot of us lost our favorite franchise that we spent a good percentage of our lives being involved in (with the community, in-game, or otherwise). I'd imagine it's not as high as we think, but it would probably be centered around those who just haven't moved on. 

I would probably be willing to bet that the leading cause is centered around those who lost a lot of their friends because of the decline in the community; but that's just me speaking from my own experience, albeit I'm not depressed. Just moved on to better things.

I'm definitely depressed because of how much Halo has been screwed over since 2011.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unpopular opinion: Siege, like Fortnite, is boring AF.

Siege boring?  lul

( I guess you also think Dota 2 is boring too)

Personally I don't like Fortnite but if the game was boring, not too many people would play it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Siege boring?  lul

( I guess you also think Dota 2 is boring too)

Personally I don't like Fortnite but if the game was boring, not too many people would play it.

Different strokes for different folks thats all.  One person can think a game is boring AF and another love it and they're both right.  I just don't see the appeal.  

Siege = Boring

Fortnite = Boring

Dota 2 = Boring

LoL = Boring to watch (haven't played)

CS = Exciting to watch, but boring to play. This is the game with the greatest possibility of garnering a large "non-player audience" imo.

But I also only put 4 hours or so into divinity original sin 2 because there was way too much fucking reading and the isometric view was killing me.  So maybe i just have no taste.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Different strokes for different folks thats all.  One person can think a game is boring AF and another love it and they're both right.  I just don't see the appeal.  

Siege = Boring

Fortnite = Boring

Dota 2 = Boring

LoL = Boring to watch (haven't played)

CS = Exciting to watch, but boring to play. This is the game with the greatest possibility of garnering a large "non-player audience" imo.

But I also only put 4 hours or so into divinity original sin 2 because there was way too much fucking reading and the isometric view was killing me.  So maybe i just have no taste.

i would love to know why you think games like siege and dota/lol are boring. i get not wanting to watch fortnite. like pubg, the spectator experience is hard to follow, but the other games have good spectator experience and excellent games

i would love to know why you think games like siege and dota/lol are boring. i get not wanting to watch fortnite. like pubg, the spectator experience is hard to follow, but the other games have good spectator experience and excellent games

They're all very ADD reasons.  Dota and LoL require way too much knowledge before they can get fun.  I dont have time for that nonsense.  I could learn to one-trick, but that is also boring.  The matches can also get very long and the shit going on screen is just a lot of noise.  From a spectator perspective it just looks like shit. the "noise" factor is increased when your not in control.  I also don't like shooters where the prep/waiting/respawn is more than the actual shooting which is why i find Siege, Fortnite and CS all shit to play.  The only exception is watching CS, i love that shit but i won't play it.  Watching Fortnite highlights is fine, but watching people play whole matches is boring af.  Watching siege is boring period. Round based, one life gametypes blow.

TLDR - In the limited time i have to game, i want to actually being doing shit and i want to be able to fit in a bunch of games.  If you're not constantly holding my attention im going to gtfo.

Edit - I am not saying those are good reasons haha, but there must be a lot of people that are in a similar situation to me that feel similarly for the same reasons, and I never see people articulate it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The "God Squad" as we know it formed after the first event, placing in the top 2 for 4/5 of those events (wining 3 including the national championship).

Only blemish on that is the 5th place before nationals...but then they took the season which says a lot. I think that defines them as the dominant team for '11, without a doubt.

Did I say they weren't? But to pretend like they were a dynasty roster ala FB in H2 would be ignorant. Look at who won the tournaments they lost. Dynasty Infamous and SQ all came together literally days before roster. So yeah well a good team. They weren't a god squad or dynasty team

They're all very ADD reasons.  Dota and LoL require way too much knowledge before they can get fun.  I dont have time for that nonsense.  I could learn to one-trick, but that is also boring.  The matches can also get very long and the shit going on screen is just a lot of noise.  From a spectator perspective it just looks like shit. the "noise" factor is increased when your not in control.  I also don't like shooters where the prep/waiting/respawn is more than the actual shooting which is why i find Siege, Fortnite and CS all shit to play.  The only exception is watching CS, i love that shit but i won't play it.  Watching Fortnite highlights is fine, but watching people play whole matches is boring af.  Watching siege is boring period. Round based, one life gametypes blow.

TLDR - In the limited time i have to game, i want to actually being doing shit and i want to be able to fit in a bunch of games.  If you're not constantly holding my attention im going to gtfo.

Edit - I am not saying those are good reasons haha, but there must be a lot of people that are in a similar situation to me that feel similarly for the same reasons, and I never see people articulate it.

That's why I when I play Gears, I only play King of the Hill. I want to actually play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can find enjoyment in watching pretty much every eSport that isn't a MOBA, way too slow for my taste, and not really fun to look at.

This was a surprise, new video from Bravo on his Youtube channel.

please! we need more of this

Team-Triggers-Down1.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly i find basically every game that isnt Halo or Smash boring. Only thing that makes them fun to watch for me is the crowds going crazy and the passion players show.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Insurgency > CSGO

I liked Siege for a bit but it was a lot of time investment to get good and I couldn't be bothered. 

• Upvote (+1) 2