FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

better rivalries. Another big thing is the raffles they have. Win team skins,xbox S,weapon skins for watching,etc.

Gears' scene has a super gritty, underground feeling to it. Reminds me of early MLG and FGC stuff, lots of smack talk and bad blood.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also they never let ESL run mediocre events.

Medicore is being too kind. I think ESL's incompetence killed a lot of Halo's viewership and we haven't been able to recover since. There are other factors, of course. But I'd love to know what position the scene would be in now if we had MLG from the very beginning of Halo 5 (and MCC for that matter).

Not as good as Ace though.

Maybe not. But maybe so? He hasn't had a team like this before. Wouldn't Ace's teammates know what is best for their team? It's not always about having the best individual but a better fit for the overall chemistry of the team. Taulek is new to the top therefore could be much hungrier than Ace. A players skill level isn't always consistent. They have to be staying on the grind and working hard every day to escalate their ability.

Taulek is better than Ace. It's like his brother was saying a few 2k's ago - Ace's style is literally trying to assist with kills rather than push the aggression himself. With the current state of H5 this is not going to cut it with the top teams. You have to have really good solo slaying power and Ace just doesn't have that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I'm reading this correctly, did BTB get a BR update? I can't find the origin of this discussion.

It's only a possibility so far. BTB people brought it up on Waypoint and Unyshek responded giving us the option of the stabilizer jets BR or the magnum.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/battle-rifle-tuning-for-btb-and-warzone/794a91bd-e47b-46fb-b5df-43e8ac9bfd41/posts

Pretty out of the loop when it comes to the AM scene in Halo. Whats the scoop with Taulek?

He placed top 16 with SuperCC Evades, Envore and Valkyrie at MLG Orlando. Then they placed top 4 in a few of the 2Ks. They didn't do well at New Orleans and then broke up. Whenever I watched their team I was always overly impressed with his decision making and accuracy when they played top teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder which Top 5-8 Pros will move up a tier and which Top 1-4 Pros will move down a tier with the eventual transition to the Halo: Infinite. It happens every game.

Hysteria/FearItSelf/Victory X were all elite at H3, and never found quite the same amount of success in Reach.

H2A -> H5 - Roy/Lunchbox/Ogre 2/Heinz

Thoughts?

I think a few of the very top H5 players who have mastered the mechanics / pistol / 1v1s in H5 will unfortunately drop off if Infinite goes back to "Team BRs."  Also I guess Snakebite and Royal 2 are bound to stop placing top 2 at some point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a few of the very top H5 players who have mastered the mechanics / pistol / 1v1s in H5 will unfortunately drop off if Infinite goes back to "Team BRs."  Also I guess Snakebite and Royal 2 are bound to stop placing top 2 at some point?

I think discipline, mechanics and above everything else "not dying" are things that tend to carry over from Halo to Halo.

Pistola has been Relevant/competing since H2.

Ogre 2 competed from CE all the way to 5, which is crazy impressive.

SnakeBite and Royal 2 are both hugely mechanically sound and don't really rely on glitches or movement. They should be around for a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder which Top 5-8 Pros will move up a tier and which Top 1-4 Pros will move down a tier with the eventual transition to the Halo: Infinite. It happens every game.

Hysteria/FearItSelf/Victory X were all elite at H3, and never found quite the same amount of success in Reach.

H2A -> H5 - Roy/Lunchbox/Ogre 2/Heinz

Thoughts?

There will be a huge influx of new players at every level when Infinite releases for 2 reasons:

1) If Infinite is done right it will draw players back to Halo or to Halo for the first time.

2) Even if Infinite is not all we're hoping it will be, many top pros are aging and getting bored of Halo. Even if a game is released and it is good, until Infinite establishes itself as a long lasting, stable, and popular esport, there is no reason for players who leave for better scenes to come back full time, leaving the spaces opening up in the next few months that are being filled by lower tier players as higher tier players leave, up to grabs for new high tier players that will rise up in the mean time.

A huge time gap between mainline games, like we're seeing now, will inevitably lead to a huge turnover.

The only way I see Snakebite missing out on top 2 is if he doesn't compete.  The man plays some of the most disciplined Halo while simultaneously being possibly the most clutch player in the league.  He doesn't make stupid plays, he constantly works hard outside of scrims and tournaments, and he shows up.

I think discipline, mechanics and above everything else "not dying" are things that tend to carry over from Halo to Halo.

Pistola has been Relevant/competing since H2.

Ogre 2 competed from CE all the way to 5, which is crazy impressive.

SnakeBite and Royal 2 are both hugely mechanically sound and don't really rely on glitches or movement. They should be around for a long time.

Shotzzy would still be a great player without H5's movement.  He's just the only player that has H5's movement as cleanly mastered as he does.  It reflects his work ethic toward the game.

Ogre 2's always had a great sense of spacing in game, making him a great teammate even after his individual skill stopped keeping up with the young'uns.

Pistola's one of the most disciplined players in terms of not chasing kills after he's weakened someone.  He's crazy when it comes to bullying (dealing chip damage then leaving the target to focus on someone else once the initial target backs off)

Royal 2's got an incredible sense of how to play on an island on a map -- the slower the Halo, the better he'll be.  He's probably the best candidate to hold weak-side or anchor spawns on a map because he knows how to keep himself alive without being overly fancy about it.

Snip3down will also remain at the top -- he's a versatile player but he's always had an incredible sense of how to minimize the amount of damage he takes by having an insane sense of map geometry and how he can block a sightline in the shortest amount of time.

There will always be new players to come into the scene, but they'll usually be the super hyped up "main-slayer" type players who go off at the right times.  The players who get to the top on their slaying ability and then learn disciplined Halo (and teach it to the new young slayers) are the ones that stay at the top for a long time.

Then every now and then you get oddities like Lunchbox, Snakebite, or Eco who get to the top off something completely different than slaying prowess and they become the new staples.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Then every now and then you get oddities like Lunchbox, Snakebite, or Eco who get to the top off something completely different than slaying prowess and they become the new staples.

All 3 were very much slay heavy players before winning events. In fact I always thought LBX was a better slayer than ROY in H2. I competed against Snakebite and Unlegit and they were very much aggressive bulldozers who couldn't be stopped. I agree with the rest of your post.

Most players won't have a problem switching over. It's the level of interest that matters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All 3 were very much slay heavy players before winning events. In fact I always thought LBX was a better slayer than ROY in H2. I competed against Snakebite and Unlegit and they were very much aggressive bulldozers who couldn't be stopped. I agree with the rest of your post.

Most players won't have a problem switching over. It's the level of interest that matters.

See, this I disagree with.

H5 was vastly different from H2A.

Look at the Top 20 players from H2A in terms of earning (aka tournament placings)

Lethul

Roy

Snipedown

Lunchbox

Ogre 2

Royal 2

SnakeBite

Heinz

Cloud

APG

Mikwen

Chig

Maniac

RyaNoob

FearItSelf

Hysteria

Victory X

Pistola

Ace

Naded

4 guys who are still bonafide Top 12 players (Lethul/Snipedown/Royal 2/SnakeBite)

3 guys who are Top 16 (Mikwen/APG/Pistola)

2 guys who are no longer competed but have a tournament win on their resume - Roy & Lunchbox

Then there's a long list of players who IMO the game passed them by or they are struggling to crack the Top 5 (where they placed in H2A)

9/20 is under 50%. That's quite a high turnover IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1