CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It looks like the Splyce+frosty squad got first rounded in the BLOPS3 tourney.

Winners Rd 1 they played against some people that never stopped playing BO3 (my understanding), losers 1 they got matched against Huke's squad so...

I'll be rooting for Frosty if he sticks with it. It'd be cool to see some others switch as well, at least until Infinite comes out.

There are a lot of rumors in the cod scene that involve Frosty for the roster Splyce is making for cod. I wonder if established pros are really giving him a chance that quickly. Though there is probably a need for more pros now that they are transitioning to 5v5. But that would probably require a lot of grinding and would probably be the end of the Tox lineup.

Even as a long time fan of competitive CoD, every time a Halo pro leaves for Call of Duty I get a little more depressed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are a lot of rumors in the cod scene that involve Frosty for the roster Splyce is making for cod. I wonder if established pros are really giving him a chance that quickly. Though there is probably a need for more pros now that they are transitioning to 5v5. But that would probably require a lot of grinding and would probably be the end of the Tox lineup.

Well the General Splyce Manager recently followed Frosty, Abezy, Classic and Aqua. Those 4 along Jurd would have mad potential as a 5 man team. If Frosty could translate his God like H5 skill into BO4 then Abezy, Jurd and Frosty would be an absolutely fucking nasty SMG trio. Once Frosty gets the hang of it Splyce should be a nasty team. Hopefully, this roster happens

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even as a long time fan of competitive CoD, every time a Halo pro leaves for Call of Duty I get a little more depressed.

I feel great when Halo players find success elsewhere. It's a sense of pride that we turn out such powerful competitors in esports as a whole. It's not just shooters either - Omega from XiT won the Smite WC and Ryanoob was on his way to doing well in Dota2 if Halo didn't make its comeback. People are attacking esports like a business and taking full advantage of the momentum Halo gives them. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel great when Halo players find success elsewhere. It's a sense of pride that we turn out such powerful competitors in esports as a whole. It's not just shooters either - Omega from XiT won the Smite WC and Ryanoob was on his way to doing well in Dota2 if Halo didn't make its comeback. People are attacking esports like a business and taking full advantage of the momentum Halo gives them. 

I'm not upset that Halo pro's are finding success in other games, that's fantastic. I'm upset that Halo is in a place where people feel the need to leave it for greener pastures. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not upset that Halo pro's are finding success in other games, that's fantastic. I'm upset that Halo is in a place where people feel the need to leave it for greener pastures. 

Oh I see. Devils advocate.. top professionals left Halo when it was at the top of the world.

I don't know if anyone here watches wrestling, but Halo got a little love from none other than Adam Cole, bay bay.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Frosty competing in CoD, IMO, doesn't really mean he's leaving Halo or that Tox will fall apart.

He's said recently that he actually likes Halo 5 but the game is just broken and 343 messed a lot of shit up - but he still likes to grind it because he has tournaments to play for. He also said that he thinks ATL will be the last Halo 5 event, followed by MCC events. And if this is the case and there are just a bunch of one-off MCC events until Infinite (as opposed to single dedicated competitive game with seasons/world champs and large cash prizes) then it does make sense to try out CoD.

In other words I think that as long as there is money to be made in competitive Halo it will take priority for him even if he does compete in CoD as well on the side. Just my two cents. The next few months will (hopefully) reveal a lot about what's next for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey Beyond, any washed Halo 3 sweaties in the Denver area interested in the November or December Microsoft Store 2v2? 

If I compete it will be for fun, but I'm down to grind/practice up to any level of seriousness. I was pretty damn good at the game 10 years ago but there's a bit of rust to shake off.

Message me on here or send me a message at my GT (Ragin Trajan) and we can run some games to see if it's a good fit. Mostly just looking for people who don't tilt too much and communicate well.

Trajan

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good for Exc dropping Ace. I don't know much about Arctic but Bubu and Demon D really want to get over the top 6 hump and Ace just doesn't have the slaying power to hang and do it. If you look at the teams in front of them, they don't have a utility and assist guy like Ace, and they are essentially all teams of slaying monsters (notice how even Pistola is laying down the kills lately). 

That being said, it seems like a strange move if indeed ATL is the last H5 event.

With comp switching to 5v5 the main two options that don't involve breaking apart existing rosters is to recruit untested AMs or established players from other games. A multi world champion in a game that transfers well over to cod is probably a safer pickup than someone with no experience.

I don't know if anyone here watches wrestling, but Halo got a little love from none other than Adam Cole, bay bay.

ADAM COLE BAY BAY!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't even know how the gears event is pulling in 24k viewers on twitch for a losers finals match. The game isn't boring by any means but I think H5 is much more of an appealing esport to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't even know how the gears event is pulling in 24k viewers on twitch for a losers finals match. The game isn't boring by any means but I think H5 is much more of an appealing esport to watch.

Personalities, well run events and a studio that is truly engaged in growing the esport and not just throwing money into prize pools and hoping for the best.

Also they never let ESL run mediocre events.

• Upvote (+1) 5

better rivalries. Another big thing is the raffles they have. Win team skins,xbox S,weapon skins for watching,etc.

They actually care. Sounds offensive maybe to people that directly work with H5 but the feeling I get from GoW is that everyone cares. Not just the viewers or the small team directly working on the events. 

Ace just isn't that good and hasn't improved to keep up with the rest of the top pros. Good decision to replace him

• Upvote (+1) 1