CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know everyone here's against nade markers in general, but I have a question:

Would you hate them as much if those "My grenade dealt 1 point of damage" situations didn't give a hit marker?

Like, if grenades (or explosions in general) had to deal a minimum amount of damage to trigger the hit marker rather than just automatically triggering it on any minor grazing of damage at all?

It would remove the situations where frags basically become scouting tools, but keep the situations where a deaf player can know their explosions are actually being useful...but with a trade-off that now you know if you do see a hit marker from a grenade the player is much weaker.

i'd actually prefer it the opposite way. the biggest problem is they give away positioning. the 2nd problem is now you know they are weak. If you only got hitmarkers for quarter shields or less damage, it'd still be better than what you want. knowing they are no shields and their position? that's a yikes from me dawg.  you also shouldn't be able to hear if a nade actually hurt people lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

If anyone has their teammate bail on them for the 2v2, I will gladly fill in for them. I'm good enough to break top 32.  :cool:

aint about to drop money $150 on it though (or $75). or wait does the 150 get you into the building too? 

A history of Halo esports as told by the score esports.

Great video but they acted like halo 5 didn't have shit balance for the first 2 years and that spartan abilities aren't just gimmicks that hurt gameplay

• Upvote (+1) 8

Not going to lie, I would lose more interest if we switched to Halo 3. I never liked the game. I would still participate in the scene where I could but it would be tougher for me to enjoy.

Speaking of Halo 3 though, just a reminder the Microsoft stores are hosting Halo 3 2v2 tournaments on October 7th. Last time I checked in only one other person said they went. With how excited people are for Halo 3 I hope to hear stories from more people in a week and a half.

That's how I feel about Halo 3 too BUT at this point I will take it over Halo 5, Halo 5 is just drained/stalled/boring and I would take a switch-up to a game like Halo 3 to just have some Halo fresh air back in my life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but we will probably be losing some of our pro player talent to CoD BLOP4. Shotzzy said on stream multiple times that he will be competing in it. Renegade, Eco, Stellur have also been grinding off stream to prepare for the new game. I'm sure Frosty wants to at least play in the first event for BLOP4.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i would be so sad if thats how tox broke up after all these years but this is what happens when there is no news of the new game and no events being run within the current one

Exactly. These players have a limited window to compete and can't afford to be in limbo waiting for announcements and decisions to be made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty said on stream yesterday, that he is making the switch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/315465673?t=01h28m34s

Good for him. Honestly he seems serious about it and personally I want as many Halo players to brach out and gain popularity / success. If Infinite is what it needs to be then there's a world where all these personalities / competitors converge draging Halo back to the forefront of gaming. 

Good for him. Honestly he seems serious about it and personally I want as many Halo players to brach out and gain popularity / success. If Infinite is what it needs to be then there's a world where all these personalities / competitors converge draging Halo back to the forefront of gaming. 

im super impressed that hysteria has made a name for himself lately with fortnite and now blackout. i saw on vision that he'll be on courage's team for the doritios bowl at twitchcon and i know he duos with ninja a lot too

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'd actually prefer it the opposite way. the biggest problem is they give away positioning. the 2nd problem is now you know they are weak. If you only got hitmarkers for quarter shields or less damage, it'd still be better than what you want. knowing they are no shields and their position? that's a yikes from me dawg.  you also shouldn't be able to hear if a nade actually hurt people lol

my thoughts on it @@TiberiusAudley

as for a career in esports.. if you are fully confident in your ability (formal/enable) then it's a good move to try your hand at something else that already has announced events. frosty will have no issue coming back to halo and still be on the top

im super impressed that hysteria has made a name for himself lately with fortnite and now blackout. i saw on vision that he'll be on courage's team for the doritios bowl at twitchcon and i know he duos with ninja a lot too

Hysteria, Ninja and Fearitself stream somewhat regularly and it's fantastic entertainment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tox players entering CoD tourneys doesn't mean = the end of Tox Halo, I'm assuming they would still team for Infinite

• Upvote (+1) 1

One day I hope to have CoD players threatening to switch to halo. :mj:

One day I hope that CoD, Halo and GoW are all popular and secure and throwing giant dual and tri game tournaments selling out stadiums.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One day I hope that CoD, Halo and GoW are all popular and secure and throwing giant dual and tri game tournaments selling out stadiums.

remember when mlg used to run cod and gears during downtime of halo tourneys? it was laughable then to even think theyd be bigger than halo

:mj: 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Tox players entering CoD tourneys doesn't mean = the end of Tox Halo, I'm assuming they would still team for Infinite

"Hopefully I can be established in CoD, so that I don't have to play Halo 6. I mean I want to, but if I'm established in CoD, and have a good team, I'm not going to like, switch back to Halo. I'd rather compete in CoD."

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/halo-legend-frosty-confirms-he-is-switching-to-competitive-cod-for-black-ops-4-175921

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol yeah, as I recall roughly 30 Halo players made the switch in the dark days of H4 ... it didn’t go well. the player pool in CoD is waaaaaaaay more stacked now than it was then. formal was the best Halo player in Reach/H4 (his VoDs were a thing of beauty) and I think is an outlier; Enable ended up doing reasonably well. everyone else, including OG2 etc, failed horribly.

if Infinite prize pools are even reasonably good, Frosty will probably be back

The likely hood of frosty actually leaving halo for cod isn't very high imo. He is still competing in halo while trying to switch, which stops him from the grind he would more than likely need. He also said he would only leave halo if he got a good offer from a top team, and pretty much every top team in CoD has already been put together. He would have to wait until after the first event so probably January to have a shot at getting on a top team, and by then halo will have a whole season layed out. (Tashi said its being announced before atlanta) It's a much bigger risk for a guy making 100k+ a year playing halo than it was for people like formal and enable who switched when halo had no real events.

I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but we will probably be losing some of our pro player talent to CoD BLOP4. Shotzzy said on stream multiple times that he will be competing in it. Renegade, Eco, Stellur have also been grinding off stream to prepare for the new game. I'm sure Frosty wants to at least play in the first event for BLOP4.

https://twitter.com/OpTicHitch/status/1045407104629174272

When is the tournament?