CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

also i'm amazed that people on here are still complaining about CSR / MMR etc etc.  no one cares about your traumatizing experience going 15-3 and barely gaining a rank; people on these forums, of all places, should be intelligent enough to know that CSR doesn't match MMR, and that the population is relatively low (nearing year 4 of the game's lifecycle).  just stop complaining, seriously

• Upvote (+1) 5

Although this will NEVER happen, would you guys be opposed to have multiple developers for Halo? Much like CoD has been doing forever now. I’m not saying we get a new Halo every ear, but at least a new one every 2-3 years? We can’t keep relying on “give them all the time they need, we just want a good/fun game” because that arguably hasn’t happened for 8 years or more. I truly think we could get better games because of the competition between the developers. Anyway, just a random thought I had. Feel free to show me the list of reasons this would be bad, I just don’t know what to do with myself since there will be a 5 year gap between h5 and h6.

Meant to respond to this yesterday, but tbh, I'd like the Halo FRANCHISE to have multiple developers, but not the Halo FIRST PERSON SHOOTER series.

Like, Halo Wars (original) was done by Ensemble Studios, while Halo Wars 2 was 343/Creative Assembly.  I think a team/studio should be built specifically for Halo Wars, and a team/studio specific for Halo FPS, and a team/studio specific for any other form of Halo franchise Microsoft wants to work with.  Could have cross-pollination with studio leads to ensure similar art/cinematic/narrative direction, but leave lots of freedom on the gameplay front.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Came across this video that was apparently filmed some time this year.  Sharing it while it's still technically Halo 3's birthday in its birth timezone.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Came across this video that was apparently filmed some time this year.  Sharing it while it's still technically Halo 3's birthday in its birth timezone.

Should totally do this at Dreamhack! Have @@LethuL start it like the guy at the beginning and have everyone else join in

Menke was in a massive Twitter discussion last night (click to see parent / replies)

Surprised he skipped over the part where Halo Reach was actually trash until you stripped it down to play like previous installments. People always try to point out H1-3 didn't have the same competition and that's true and definitely a factor but the gameplay also got worse with time. Don't know why people want to present it as one or the other when its a combination of both

• Upvote (+1) 9

saying mw1(cod4) was just good

bitch lmao

cod 3 WAS FUCKING INSANE, and cod4 was fucking insane. 

edit: note that in 2007, cod was released in november 

The following rankings are based on data collected from 1/1/07 – 12/31/07:

https://majornelson.com/2008/01/04/top-xbox-live-games-of-2007/

https://majornelson.com/2009/01/04/the-top-20-live-games-of-2008/

https://majornelson.com/2010/01/11/the-top-20-live-games-of-2009/

looks like nelson hid the weekly games? i remember WaW beating halo 3 a lot in the weekly most popular games, and cod4 beat it rarely. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

So has anyone else come to conclude why they think Splyce lost?

I see a lot of people saying its because "they didn't care and just assumed they would win". (EX, not practicing new maps)

Tox played really well and were basically beating Splyce at their own game (fast, aggressive style). I don't think the new maps were an issue. Splyce has won previous events with the new maps in place.

That said, I feel like the biggest reason why they lost was because Renegade and Eco both underperformed at the event. I remember there was a point where Renegade went 7-17 and then 9-24 (might've been in the Finals vs Tox, I can't remember), and Eco also had more than a couple of bad games. It's hard to beat other top teams when half your team isn't playing up to their capabilities. Renegade in particular, I feel like he never quite got into a rhythm and was not his usual self. And unsurprisingly we didn't see much, if any, tebagging or body shooting coming from him this event (unless I missed it). All Splyce really needs is for both Eco and Renegade to show up at Dreamhack. I think they will...

Tox played really well and were basically beating Splyce at their own game (fast, aggressive style). I don't think the new maps were an issue. Splyce has won previous events with the new maps in place.

That said, I feel like the biggest reason why they lost was because Renegade and Eco both underperformed at the event. I remember there was a point where Renegade went 7-17 and then 9-24 (might've been in the Finals vs Tox, I can't remember), and Eco also had more than a couple of bad games. It's hard to beat other top teams when half your team isn't playing up to their capabilities. Renegade in particular, I feel like he never quite got into a rhythm and was not his usual self. And unsurprisingly we didn't see much, if any, tebagging or body shooting coming from him this event (unless I missed it). All Splyce really needs is for both Eco and Renegade to show up at Dreamhack. I think they will...

i think that really undersells how well tox played especially that second series. in the last game frost went full aggro and pulled of 35 kills. everyone on that team turned up the aggression and splyce wasnt able to respond and thats why you saw games where renegade went so negative

• Upvote (+1) 4

i think that really undersells how well tox played especially that second series. in the last game frost went full aggro and pulled of 35 kills. everyone on that team turned up the aggression and splyce wasnt able to respond and thats why you saw games where renegade went so negative

Wait, I thought you couldn't be using teamwork if you were just playing super fast and aggro.  SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT NARRATIVE TO BELIEVE.

(When you're ahead, get further ahead.)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wait, I thought you couldn't be using teamwork if you were just playing super fast and aggro.  SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT NARRATIVE TO BELIEVE.

(When you're ahead, get further ahead.)

wZBBgwd.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Surprising to see it getting official support. 

I'm guessing Infinite will merge console and PC matchmaking if console players get can use KB/M without a 3rd party adapter by the time the game comes out.

Keyboard functionality already exists via USB on X1, just not for actual gameplay.

Ive thought about this for a while. Given how powerful the X is, whats stopping Microsoft from allowing us to play PC games on it? It would help differentiate it from ps4, and Microsoft is already trying to merge Windows gaming store

I really want someone to ask Phil Spencer this.

@@Tashi

what pc games are you talking about? because I doubt Microsoft is going to pay some of these studios to put their games on their store, and the X is not powerful at all

• Downvote (-1) 2

Frosty said on stream he thinks DH Atlanta will be the last Halo 5 event, with MCC events to follow.

Is this the general consensus around here? I think the H3 2v2s are a good sign but I'm not sure how they'd bridge the rest of the gap until Infinite.

Frosty said on stream he thinks DH Atlanta will be the last Halo 5 event, with MCC events to follow.

Is this the general consensus around here? I think the H3 2v2s are a good sign but I'm not sure how they'd bridge the rest of the gap until Infinite.

If they keep running H5 events they are delusional. 

If they keep running H5 events they are delusional. 

I don't disagree, and personally I would love another season of H2A if they could add a couple more maps.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but to me one of the most fun things that could happen would be to run a series of event over the course of the year with a different game each event. Use MCC + H5 to do CE, then H2C, followed by H3, etc. as we go through all the Halos in a big celebration of competitive Halo history over the years in lead up to Infinite.

I imagine pros wouldn't like a new game every event, but as a fan that's something I'd enjoy (assuming the shot registration and other issues were adequately addressed for CE and H2C).

I personally do like H5 (I think the current settings make a fun and competitive game, even if they don't make a fun and competitive Halo game) and have moved passed the period of time where I was absolutely sick of it, but having been through that period of yearning for classic Halo I get that others are done with the game and I'm just spitballing ways to keep things interesting and appealing to different fans of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

what pc games are you talking about? because I doubt Microsoft is going to pay some of these studios to put their games on their store, and the X is not powerful at all

The X is more powerful than the average PC gamers PC. Saying it's not powerful is nonsense.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't get my hope's up. I think H5 is going to run for the duration of 2019 but the classic halo games are going to be featured throughout the year at the events in the forms of- 2v2s and FFAs.