CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To me the biggest thing in that Cod announcement is the pros and ams being separate but not leaving the ams out in the cold like halo 5 did its first few years

• Upvote (+1) 3

First Gears, now Call of Duty. Counterstrike, League, Dota are all 5v5.

I wonder if 5v5 is in Halo's future. I really hope not, I can't even pull eight people to local LANs let alone getting ten.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Increase the prize money but split it into an extra piece and give some to am players. Don't allow ams to play vs pros so they dont get as good of practice and have a smaller chance of going pro. Have less events than last season. IMO it looks rough and people are going to glorify it until the middle of the season just like ww2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Increase the prize money but split it into an extra piece and give some to am players. Don't allow ams to play vs pros so they dont get as good of practice and have a smaller chance of going pro. Have less events than last season. IMO it looks rough and people are going to glorify it until the middle of the season just like ww2.

I think the AM thing is a good idea. Just how does it mean less practice for ams or less chance they go pro in your mind?

I think the AM thing is a good idea. Just how does it mean less practice for ams or less chance they go pro in your mind?

Teams like eUnited went pro playing through the open bracket. In terms of halo, teams like str8 rippin wouldnt even get to make pool play and compete vs pros. These ams who come out of open bracket get the chance to play 3 or 4 pro teams, and they can use that to get better at the game. Now they dont have a chance at all to play vs pros. They are gonna have to practice am players and they wont improve because they will develop bad habits that will get punished if a pro team decided to try them out.

Teams like eUnited went pro playing through the open bracket. In terms of halo, teams like str8 rippin wouldnt even get to make pool play and compete vs pros. These ams who come out of open bracket get the chance to play 3 or 4 pro teams, and they can use that to get better at the game. Now they dont have a chance at all to play vs pros. They are gonna have to practice am players and they wont improve because they will develop bad habits that will get punished if a pro team decided to try them out.

Fair enough, I don't know anything about eUnited's team. 

I do know in Halo that watching pros 3-0 curb stomp Am teams is not very viewer friendly and that the current 2k's for Ams are litteraly round 2 get stomped by a pro team. 

I don't really feel like these beatings are really practice, also any team out of the current top 4 cannot get a scrim with a top 4 team - see Str8t, Naded's team and the old Lux gaming squad so I just don't really buy that part of your statement.

Given the current format for COD I see nothing really changing with pro and Am relations if they are anything like Halo where the pros are an exclusive click and you get into as an Am by a combination of factors, namely: (a) your skill stands out among top ams (b) you don't have a dumbass am mentality. 

Like they said in the reveal, there are rarely Cinderella stories, and ams get burried in the open bracket while a few get the opportunity to get 3-0'd. To me this is a great chance to build up the other 80 percent of your competitive base and give them some spotlight and incentive to represent and grow your game. If eUnited was the one Cinderella story that's cool, but I think this will be a better play. 

Once Tox were able to match Splyce in speed and slaying, The teamwork became lobsidedly in their favor. Teams are figuring out that Splyces irregular style of play works against them once you negate their movement and force them to play on the backfoot.

The first 3 games of the TOX 4-0 were extremely close.

And Frosty/Royal 2 went off  in Game 4 (Sanc. Flag)

I know people love a good narrative. But these are clearly the Top-2 teams, and TOX won this round.

This wasn't some slaying of a team or the passing of the guard.

Optic was the better team this tournament, I don't know if you can say the are the better team overall.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The first 3 games of the TOX 4-0 were extremely close.

And Frosty/Royal 2 went off  in Game 4 (Sanc. Flag)

I know people love a good narrative. But these are clearly the Top-2 teams, and TOX won this round.

This wasn't some slaying of a team or the passing of the guard.

Optic was the better team this tournament, I don't know if you can say the are the better team overall.

I think it seems like TOX dominated them more in that whole series because in the first 3 games they had to make pretty substantial comebacks. If they get off to a strong start they would be blowing splyce out of the water.

Fair enough, I don't know anything about eUnited's team.

I do know in Halo that watching pros 3-0 curb stomp Am teams is not very viewer friendly and that the current 2k's for Ams are litteraly round 2 get stomped by a pro team.

I don't really feel like these beatings are really practice, also any team out of the current top 4 cannot get a scrim with a top 4 team - see Str8t, Naded's team and the old Lux gaming squad so I just don't really buy that part of your statement.

Given the current format for COD I see nothing really changing with pro and Am relations if they are anything like Halo where the pros are an exclusive click and you get into as an Am by a combination of factors, namely: (a) your skill stands out among top ams (b) you don't have a dumbass am mentality.

Like they said in the reveal, there are rarely Cinderella stories, and ams get burried in the open bracket while a few get the opportunity to get 3-0'd. To me this is a great chance to build up the other 80 percent of your competitive base and give them some spotlight and incentive to represent and grow your game. If eUnited was the one Cinderella story that's cool, but I think this will be a better play.

AM v Pro matches shouldn’t be what’s shown two viewers.

For LAN tournaments, in think the best format is for Pros to go straight to groups, and AMs to play their way into groups. Plenty of AM v AM offscreen. Top AMs get a handful of matches against Pros. Pro’s are onscreen most of the time.

For online qualifiers I think the Legendary bracket system is better than 2Ks

CoD is now 5v5, plus 6 million in prizing.

Steam is live now for those that want to watch.

That 6 million is a little less than double last year's pool. I think that's pretty solid just for adding one more player to each roster, however, I think they could probably still bump it up another million to make it an even 2x from last year's prize pool. 

5v5 is ass.

I've seen arguments both ways in relevance to CoD. What's your reasoning? Genuinely curious.

I understand that this leaves Halo as the odd man out as far as 4v4 goes, but as @@Sandman stated, we need a good game first, and the rest can come after. I saw an article that says someone from M$ stated that they are designing Infinite with esports in mind. I hope they learned a hell of a lot from the pile of bullshit that made up Halo 5 and produce a game that is fun and competitive at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After hearing about the 5v5 on Blops4 I couldn’t help but think of Halo 5 man rosters- these 2 came to mind for some reason:

Final Boss - Ogre1, Ogre2, Walshy, Roy, Lunchbox

Str8 Rippin - T2, Legit, Elamite, Snipedown, Neighbor

Haha kind of fun to think about. But can you imagine the comms on a 5 man halo team :0

• Upvote (+1) 1