CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think TOX just plays in a very traditional sense of teamwork. Their strategy on Coli-Flag that worked for years is indicative of that. They would slay and slowly try and push to get the Royal 2 in their cave set up, and FEAST. Splyce just plays a very aggressive but disciplined style. They don't chase kills and have faith that the kills will get cleaned up. TOX got hot and Splyce had a bad series. Halo 5 is very snow-bally and this was just very snow-bally. People forget Splyce literally 4-0'd TOX the series before. With how many reverse sweeps we see in H5, I wouldn't read too much into the 4-0.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why does Ninja still look like a 16 year old lol. Got the cute little stubble and everything.  :kappa:

When you are making enough money you start reversing the aging process.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343i better make sure that there is public api or whatever they need on mcc assuming hcs moves to it so that halo data hive can continue to operate.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warning: a little Beyond  :Toxic: stuff below. 

After not playing Halo 5 in 4/5 months, this tournament really inspired me to play again. I played about 10 hours between last night and today and it reminded me why I stopped in the first place. Getting shot through walls, getting shot around corners, head shots not registering even when a hit marker is given (checked in theater all 57 times it happened. [Yes, 57 times I went into theater and checked]), heavy aim, getting 5'd in the same amount of time it takes me to shoot two shots even though we started shooting at the same time. Just all the typical H5 online trash, half of which is present on LAN. I get that the game is low population. I completely understand that 343 has honestly done God's work having the matchmaking be as fair and quick as it is with the population that it has. I just cannot have fun playing the game. It's not fun knowing that you're getting joked and gimmicked 3/4's of the fights you're in. It just speaks to the Pro's resolves to have continued to play and try to have fun this far into a fundamentally broken game's tenure. The most fundamental part of any shooter, the aim, doesn't even feel the same from game to game. Like, lol. 

To everyone here still playing on the daily, I pray for you. I will not touch Halo again until Infinity. It's just not worth it. Good luck, you brave souls. Thanks for reading my vent. I'm just super disappointed the only game series I want to play makes itself completely not fun to actually play.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Warning: a little Beyond  :Toxic: stuff below. 

After not playing Halo 5 in 4/5 months, this tournament really inspired me to play again. I played about 10 hours between last night and today and it reminded me why I stopped in the first place. Getting shot through walls, getting shot around corners, head shots not registering even when a hit marker is given (checked in theater all 57 times it happened. [Yes, 57 times I went into theater and checked]), heavy aim, getting 5'd in the same amount of time it takes me to shoot two shots even though we started shooting at the same time. Just all the typical H5 online trash, half of which is present on LAN. I get that the game is low population. I completely understand that 343 has honestly done God's work having the matchmaking be as fair and quick as it is with the population that it has. I just cannot have fun playing the game. It's not fun knowing that you're getting joked and gimmicked 3/4's of the fights you're in. It just speaks to the Pro's resolves to have continued to play and try to have fun this far into a fundamentally broken game's tenure. The most fundamental part of any shooter, the aim, doesn't even feel the same from game to game. Like, lol. 

To everyone here still playing on the daily, I pray for you. I will not touch Halo again until Infinity. It's just not worth it. Good luck, you brave souls. Thanks for reading my vent. I'm just super disappointed the only game series I want to play makes itself completely not fun to actually play.

Hop on MCC im going to be on tonight trying to play some H2C if i can get games

As usual shoutout to Halo Data Hive, lots of interesting stats from London - http://halodatahive.com/Lan/Overview/1009

Also interesting to compare the stats from the first series between Splyce and Tox - http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/13015

and the second - http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/13016

Not that I'm surprised but basically 3/4 members of Splyce had a positive K/D in series 1 while only 1/4 of Tox did, and then series 2 that was completely flip-flopped.

I really think I need to only show players in the top 10 that have played more than the average amount of games. Its not really fair seeing players make the top 10 when they have played 6 games compared to someones 30.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry guys, but if how it looks like Splyce is playing while watching one PoV at a time in a broadcast (out of control, individual pushes with no coordination, etc) was ACTUALLY what was happening... they wouldn't win shit, let alone 4 LANs in a row.  They 100% play together as a team.  They certainly will leave players on an island a little more than other teams and make solo "all ins" occasionally, but thinking "shottzy/renegage/stellur/eco's a monster he's got that" is a totally different thing than just ignoring a teammate and leaving them to die.

honestly without watching all of their PoVs in succession for an entire tournament, and also being a high-level player, it's hard to say 100% for sure either way.  if the other pros + casters say that Splyce has amazing teamwork, I'll take their word for it

though also I love the complaining about how Splyce's 1v1 skill is so off-the-charts that it breaks the Halo 3 / Reach / 4 / H2A meta of teamshot ... hopefully you guys are aware that this has been a problem since H3?  the beauty of H1 / H2 is that OG2 can just go Rambo without having to play "Team BRs"; H5 having a very high individual skill ceiling is a good thing.  though I agree that the snowball-ish nature of H5 maps is unideal

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love Ninja but all of this attention is just making me think that his stock is going to tank very hard when preteens inevitably stop playing Fortnite in a year or two ... he can't maintain this level of media attention forever, and Twitch is just so volatile

• Downvote (-1) 1

I love Ninja but all of this attention is just making me think that his stock is going to tank very hard when preteens inevitably stop playing Fortnite in a year or two ... he can't maintain this level of media attention forever, and Twitch is just so volatile

Does it matter when he's made 1.5 million a month for half a year or more?

The more annoying thing is it's starting to go to his head. Jess and him have become king and queen of humble brags. Deserves it though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The more annoying thing is it's starting to go to his head. Jess and him have become king and queen of humble brags. Deserves it though.

yeah I miss the goofy humble Ninja ... also I'm a little confused as to how the Pon-Pon dance is going to help Tyler become the LeBron / Jordan of esports

also, Bound streaming (?!) 

https://www.twitch.tv/bouundd

• Upvote (+1) 2

its gunna tank slowly tho then level out as him still being a top streamer, raking in 1m/year imho. So no room for complaints
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just ordered a Battle Beaver with the 360 stick tension for Dreamhack, turns out when I boot up H5 I got a slow turn going to the left side (0,0 deadzones). Boot up MCC and its perfectly fine on all 3 halos (didn't download H4). Anyone else have a BB controller/ witnessed this? 

Edit: its only visible about 50% of the time but its there. Have to kind of put extra pressure down time to time. Deadzones % fix it but thought it was interesting for anyone going 0/0

I switch Ninjas stream off when he starts that pon pon dance. Cant bare to watch it  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder if there's an hair dye company that sponsor internet personalities when they hit a certain popularity level or if there's just a part of your brain that hits a certain point and thinks "yeah I could use some green hair"

Relevant video:

• Upvote (+1) 3

its gunna tank slowly tho then level out as him still being a top streamer, raking in 1m/year imho. So no room for complaints

LOL. He will just jump into the next big game. Ninja has proven he can jump from game to game and be successful. Multiple Halos- H1Z1-Fornite-Next Big game. Plenty of other streamers as well. Look at Shroud, Nick Mercs for example. Twitch is growing massively every year. He will be making more and more money. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL. He will just jump into the next big game. Ninja has proven he can jump from game to game and be successful. Multiple Halos- H1Z1-Fornite-Next Big game. Plenty of other streamers as well. Look at Shroud, Nick Mercs for example. Twitch is growing massively every year. He will be making more and more money. 

he's been playing bo4 and doing well there. its less about the game, though that is part of it, and more about his personality. hopefully halo infinite can pull him in when that comes out

Its been a while! My Two cents on the tox win; it comes down a couple of factors

1 Map Selection. Plaza strongholds and Coli Slayer were high percentage maps for Tox. To reiterate a previous point, Refuge and the oddball map offer a lot of open space which nerfs splyces ability to abuse the movement of halo 5. Refuge being a more traditional halo map played right into Tox’s hands. To Lethul, Snakebite and Royal2, sanc flag is there bread and butter

2 Tox is playing faster in the sense that they are commiting to their pushes as a team. Splyces 2v2 strats are very reliant on catching tox while they are trying to setup. Now Tox are pushing out of the gate, often sending numbers to a specific duo on splyce. We saw it on coli slayer; every time splyce would get a ridiculous double or triple, one or two members (usually renegade) would immediately be flooded on by tox until tox has numbers. They were even able to negate splyces sniper use this way.

3 Royal 2 flexed his roaming prowess. Its long been said that royal 2 is the slowest member on tox due to his anchor like playstyle. Splyce used to abuse that by disregarding him and collapsing on the rest of Tox. Now Royal 2 is a lot more involved in team pushing and letting Frosty play snipe. This allows Tox to match splyce in slaying as now there main tank is right up front and it showed. Part of the reason Lethul was holding oddball was because he was anticipating splyces pushes, which is a lot easier to do when you have royal2 putting them on respawn.

These 3 factors were the perfect storm that would end splyces reign of terror and it translates to one point. Once Tox were able to match Splyce in speed and slaying, The teamwork became lobsidedly in their favor. Teams are figuring out that Splyces irregular style of play works against them once you negate their movement and force them to play on the backfoot.

• Upvote (+1) 3