CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

whats happenin

They're pissed because it's back to WW2, and also some morons are mad because there are women characters in the game.

Also, forgot to tag the guy, but whoever said we have to support the players' content, casters' content, and community content without shittalking the game, 343, etc. It's hard man. Not many players make any sort of content and same for casters. It's hard not to shit talk the game when it's this bad AND run this poorly. The developer's don't do too much either. Sure they're throwing money (albeit into a bonfire at this point) at prize pools, but it's not growing the scene by any stretch that I can see personally. The game wouldn't get shit talked (as much/badly) if it was something that was more fun and better suited to competitive and allowed the settings to be changed drastically. Halo 5 wouldn't even be that bad if 343 swallowed some pride and acknowledge their gimmicky bullshit sucks for competitive games and particularly for Halo. It's tough when there isn't much to actually be supportive of.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I come in here everyday, read a bunch of lazy posts about how bad H5 is and realize I just miss @@Moses_FPS

Wrong and wrong. Thanks for playing. Be sure to get your Kotaku goody bag on the way out.

explain pls

I come in here everyday, read a bunch of lazy posts about how bad H5 is and realize I just miss @@Moses_FPS

Wrong and wrong. Thanks for playing. Be sure to get your Kotaku goody bag on the way out.

I'm out of the loop. Why are people upset about it? I've read some snippets about some of the new mechanics, and it's at least intriguing. I'm up for something different.

Lol you must be one of those meninists

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah peoples disliking of the idea of having British female amputees in a WW2 game is only founded in a deep seated misogyny. It's not like the British armed forces restricted women from close combat roles until 2016, and that this isn't just shoehorned in nonsense oh wait it's exactly that.

do you like to feel like a super soldier in halo too?

• Upvote (+1) 3

do you like to feel like a super soldier in halo too?

false equivalence, but I don't really feel like going into this further because It tends to get toxic so im just not gonna respond going forward

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm out of the loop. Why are people upset about it? I've read some snippets about some of the new mechanics, and it's at least intriguing. I'm up for something different.

Manchildren.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They're pissed because it's back to WW2, and also some morons are mad because there are women characters in the game.

Its not like there are real female heroes from WW2 that they could've used as the inspiration for a female main character, like the Russian Night Witches, or any of Female French Resistance Fighters.

No, its a British Amputee. No British women were allowed to fight, and neither were amputees. (even with our much more advanced prosthetics that will get you removed from frontline duties.) It cheapens the contribution actual women made during the war.

But no its definitely because people hate women in Battlefield, because we have never had a female character in a Battlefield game before. Oh wait, we have, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1. Its not that they are a female that's the problem (at least for me), its the fact that their character is totally out of the realm of feasible reality for the WW2 setting. Take woman. Make Russian. Add arm. Throw historical references to the Night Witches or any of the thousands of Russian women that fought frontline for Russia at anyone having a meltdown at the idea of women in WW2 combat.

This isn't even mentioning the British Commando with a Katana or Krato's himself being present, or the trailer where friendly tanks crushed a building full of friendlies, and the rest of the cluster fuck trailer.

Otherwise the gameplay changes that have been mentioned sound sweet. (Server Side ragdoll. Can drag bodies into cover to revive. Fortifications Systems; Support Class can build gun emplacements in flag areas, no more 100% HP regen. New aminations for healing/getting more ammo.)

The game sounds significantly more in depth than previous Battlefield games and sound super fun to play.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's actually crazy to think you used to be able to be an insightful poster who was able to get points across while also being funny. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartan posted this 7 hours ago and no one has mentioned or posted it yet? Damn this place is dead right now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I really don't want to get in this debate, but half of the things in the game aren't accurate so I never understood why this was the thing that people get hung up on.

And with that I'm backing out of the debate.

I mean, if DICE/EA is going to claim with a straight face in the reveal that it's "the most authentic Battlefield yet" and then give us a British female amputee killing people with a nail studded/barbed wire wrapped cricket bat whilst giving some guy a katana and having Brits driving German tanks, then I'm gonna call foul.

• Upvote (+1) 4

idgaf the gender of the character, having a British WW2 soldier with a leather duster and a shitty prosthetic is hilariously bad design

• Upvote (+1) 4

In a world where they indoctrinate our children with godless thoughts and beliefs that men can be women and women can be men, is it any surprise that they have finally put WOMEN in our WWII games???

I encourage you all to take a stand. Enough is ENOUGH.

What's next? How long until they're blasting our children with fascist propaganda in our WWII games?

Epic

I come in here everyday, read a bunch of lazy posts about how bad H5 is and realize I just miss @@Moses_FPS.

Well to be fair it is true that there are a bunch of morons out there who are being pissy about women being in the game.

There's also a more reasonable and probably larger group who are disappointed that V doesn't seem to be going for the same serious tone that the previous mainline titles had.

• Upvote (+1) 2