FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wouldn't call Ace's team a top team but I agree that he brings them down. I'd also like to add Ola to the list as well. He's no wizard anymore and can't slay/deal dmg with the best of them.

He was better than Trippey

There are players who havent stopped playing H3 that I think would take it if they showed up

i know gabriel and fantazy have the best chances when it comes to the new pool of talent. who are you looking at?

Splyce lost because of the time difference. Tell me Im wrong

i would bet younger players like shotzzy and renagade would be able adapt to the time better than an older team like tox

• Upvote (+1) 1

The finals ended after 9 PM local London, it was obviously past Shotzzy's bedtime.  Fluke victory for TOX guys.

"i'd love to take this to game 7, but i have homework to finish"

• Upvote (+1) 3

No player cams was a tech restriction for this event. 

Hopefully the games flowed quicker day 2 and 3. We did have extra desk time to try and use more editorial and feature pieces to build stories in this event, and in my personal opinion it worked. Yes, we can still improve but we had to try something different to see how it would work. 

The event got better and better throughout the weekend! Personally loved the tox animation after they won on the big led screens or whatever they are. I thought the whole event (other than the lack of matches streamed on friday) was great and it helped me fix my sleep schedule. Hope they do more EU events in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any predictions for the 2019 season? 

Tashi said on twitter they'll make an announcement soon because they don't want to keep everyone in limbo.

I think they'll do H3.

Probably do some online H3 stuff and Microsoft store tournaments and then have a big open LAN finals that is more like a Halo festival and call it done until an infinite beta - hopefully late 2019? 

I just cannot imagine them doing H2A because they simply have already done that most recently and there are no maps. What about the forge hub competitions? This is 343 we are talking about, they don't move that fast. 

I also cannot imagine having a big H3 series with at least 3 LANs because it is an old game and though everyone is getting pumped for the ATL 2v2 and a giant 4v4 LAN would get a lot of hype for the moment from a business standpoint it would be just a nostalgic, inclusive party, for people already drawn to the franchise and accomplish nothing. 

(It can be argued that Halo 5 events are already an inclusive party because there are literally less than 200 people in the world who attend events to play or even want to and Microsoft is just giving Tox and Splyce money for little reason but this is another story.)

Honestly, I don't like the idea of going backwards personally. You can breath life into H5 if you wanted to, but that is another story as well. 

Practicing against inferior competition just ingrains bad habits.  Are any of the guys that have been playing Halo 3 non-stop former pros themselves?  I don't think so. And there is a reason for that. I'm with Knighty, give Roy/Lunch the month before dreamhack to practice and they will beat everybody (assuming they are going.  Which i don't think anybody knows atm?). Obviously if any pro's were to show up totally unpracticed they would get smoked.

Gabriel SvR and Fantasy are a team. Gabriel has placed top 8 and teamed with RyaNoob in H5 to do so. Plus this is 2s, being good at 4s and being good at 2s is a totally different thing. To put it into another perspective, these kids have been slapping Neighbor and Bestman (old pros) in 2v2s lately, and the scores are rarely close. I just don't see them losing to roy and lunch.

Shottzy has three of the top five clips ... sounds about right lol

Also I remember Neighbor playing an H3 Guardian 1v1 a couple years ago on stream and getting annihilated 15-2 by a random ... unless the old pros are playing A LOT, Gab + Fantasy should win pretty easily.  NYSea and Evadur and the rest will likely place lower than some pros though

From what I saw this weekend, the production from Gfinity and the crew was fantastic.  Not really anything I can complain about other than repetitive commercials and maybe a little too much downtime.  With that said, I do appreciate the casters and Gfinity for taking the time to film the extra content to fill some of that downtime.

There were some really great series and it's refreshing to see those few new maps thrown into the rotation.  Happy belated birthday to @@Mikwen and congrats to Tox on the W.

Now I guess we all just have to wait til mid-November for Finals...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Before mcc dropped neighbor hopped on xbc and just shit on everyone who was a top h2 xbcer. But 2v2s and 4v4s are different too. If this was on 360 i would give it to the old pros but i dont think 1 month is enough time to adapt to the new aiming.

Maybe I'm just sleep deprived, but Tox only had to beat Splyce once right because Rec put them in losers? Or did they play twice at some point off stream?

This could well be the first Halo event I watch the VoD for. That was actually exciting.

• Upvote (+1) 3