CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

don't put the splyce interviews on LVP - i know from first hand experience how tough it can be.. 

incredible event. grats frosty, royal and snakebite! fuck you tj

• Upvote (+1) 9

don't put the splyce interviews on LVP - i know from first hand experience how tough it can be.. 

The real winners of the event are the people who get to roast lxthul publically.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Absolutely not my intention, if thats how it came across i aplogise, was just meant to be a slight critique,the overall post was meant as a compliment. Just think there has to be some way of wording the questions to bring more out of players who are more awkward behind a camera like splyce. Lottie was awesome this event and deserves a permanent spot on both all NA and EU events going forward.

If we want constructive maybe instead of "what do you need to do to beat tox" maybe something along the lines of "what are the weaknesses of the tox roster and how have you prepared for them in the build up to the event". something along those lines with room for a more elaborate answer.

Sorry if my example is crap haha i tried.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Watching this event was fun but I didn't get hyped as I used to. See the 500th no scope wasn't interesting and these new maps and gametypes esp oddball isn't spectator friendly. We need a refresh and I'd like to see some 2v2s, 1v1s and FFA get a bigger spotlight in H5. H4's global championship was fun to watch. Also, seeing teammates having to face each other in 2v2s will be fun as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think a pair of old h3 pros will win the 2v2? Or a pair that has continued to play h3 all this time?

Old pro's.  The problem with people that have continued to play H3 all this time is that their competition has been ass (relatively speaking).  I actually doubt they have gotten much if any better since Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we have a list of confirmed pros attending the h3 2v2?

I hope to see names like: Chig, Neighbor, Flamesword, Roy, Naded, Walshy, t2, Heinz, Legit, Shockwave, 

• Upvote (+1) 3

After HCS London not showing us half the matches and not even showing us the FFA finals I'm scared we might not even get to see a lot of the H3 matches. Who cares if we have all the OG's back if we can't spectate the games. Also, I'm pretty sure players competing in h5 can't play in the h3 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we have a list of confirmed pros attending the h3 2v2?

I hope to see names like: Chig, Neighbor, Flamesword, Roy, Naded, Walshy, t2, Heinz, Legit, Shockwave, 

Flamesword tweeted saying he bought the final 2v2 team pass. Neighbor is teaming with Bestman for the 2v2, I'm assuming they have their pass already. Haven't heard from anybody else.

Crazy thought:

What if they hold tourneys for both H5 and MCC? They could do 2v2s on all of the old games (Or just Halo 3 cuz it has the biggest nostalgia boner for most people) until they patch them enough where they could do 4v4s? Would certainly pass the time faster on the road to Infinite.

Continuing to play H5 after ATL is a mistake. The H3 2v2 will only be further proof of that.

I hope you're right man. Unfortunately, since I don't think pros can play in it due to schedule problems I'm not sure how many viewers it'll truly get. Seems kinda twisted that is wasn't positioned for everyone to play.

Old pro's.  The problem with people that have continued to play H3 all this time is that their competition has been ass (relatively speaking).  I actually doubt they have gotten much if any better since Reach.

no way roy/lbx lose if they showed up

I personally don't see these kids that have been grinding H3 for 8 years longer than everyone else losing. Not to mention that MCC is wildly different from normal Halo 3 360 due to how chaotic the spawns are now, plus these new kids will know that and have practice with it. Other notable changes are random jumps like Gold 1 to Gold 2 on Guardian working differently. I'm mainly going off the old saying, practice beats talent if talent doesn't practice though. 

no way roy/lbx lose if they showed up

There are players who havent stopped playing H3 that I think would take it if they showed up

This event was the best Halo and best Halo story lines, and best Halo production value since MLG Halo 3 2007, change my mind. 

i bet i could for the right amount of battle7okens

• Upvote (+1) 5

I personally don't see these kids that have been grinding H3 for 8 years longer than everyone else losing. Not to mention that MCC is wildly different from normal Halo 3 360 due to how chaotic the spawns are now, plus these new kids will know that and have practice with it. Other notable changes are random jumps like Gold 1 to Gold 2 on Guardian working differently. I'm mainly going off the old saying, practice beats talent if talent doesn't practice though. 

Practicing against inferior competition just ingrains bad habits.  Are any of the guys that have been playing Halo 3 non-stop former pros themselves?  I don't think so. And there is a reason for that. I'm with Knighty, give Roy/Lunch the month before dreamhack to practice and they will beat everybody (assuming they are going.  Which i don't think anybody knows atm?). Obviously if any pro's were to show up totally unpracticed they would get smoked.

• Upvote (+1) 1