CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I get up at 5:00am to watch the tournament, see a lot of lopsided wins and had to leave before Tox/RNG. Get back in time to see the ending of the last game between Splyce/Rec. Life is Tow.

That was bananas though. We have a very interesting top four now. Rec did incredibly well in that last game. I feel elimination Splyce may be just as scary as elimination Tox though. Still a lot of Halo to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sunday is going to be interesting, I can't wait to see Rec vs Tox. Feels bad for everyone in the Losers Bracket knowing they're going to have an angry Splyce waiting for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What a series and what a comeback by Reciprocity. That map movement by Trippey and Snipedown in Game 5 was outstanding. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure if accurate but this is amazing news if so..

Berserker placed top 8 at NOLA, so not really. Would be more amazing if a EU team placed top 8 above them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weird they ended the stream so early while there were still games going on, especially considering the time of day for NA. Also apparently Trifecta beat Lucid 3-2 with a 50-49 game 5 which we didn't get to see...

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we missed out two series which went to a game five. It was never even mentioned on stream. No side streams, no updates and they acted like the final match of the day was the Rec v Splyce. Especially considering these two 3-2 series consisted of two EU teams its very disappointing. Sad to have gone backwards after having a B stream before. If I didn't follow TB, twitter or halodatahive which I'm sure a majority fans don't I would never know of any of this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss watching Halo all day during events. I cant believe they ended the stream with games going on. We don't need casters. Just stream it. 

Why are the game stations so far apart? How do you watch your teammates screen? Why no player cams?

• Upvote (+1) 7

I miss watching Halo all day during events. I cant believe they ended the stream with games going on. We don't need casters. Just stream it. 

Why are the game stations so far apart? How do you watch your teammates screen? Why no player cams?

With the production value and standards Gfinity has honestly that would just look corny. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rec vs splyce was nuts. Splyce will likely play against renegades for top 3 which could be interesting. Renegades have been playing very well and match up pretty well against splyce.

Gutted for Lucid and super disappointed we missed that match seeing as there were no other matches going on and it was the last remaining, best European team at a European event there is really no excuse. Interested to see what Lucid will do for Atl though. Only change I could maybe see is swapping out tufoxy for someone. Slg has been playing very well and kimbo/respectful are cemented as the best EU players at this point.

Trifecta vs Excelerate is going to be a crazy match up for top 6 tomorrow.

I have the script in my hands right now.... Renegades will win it all and if they dont then ban my account 

Just finished watching Day 2, some thoughts:

• Normally after catching up on VoDs during an event I get onto the HCS thread and skip straight to the last page since there are too many posts for me to catch up on, but today I had fewer than three pages of posts to read for the whole day...where is everyone :(
  • A lot of the production feels great (interviews, analysis desk, etc.) but not having player cams or a side stream feels like a step backwards. Finally seeing NA teams travel to EU for an open event is exciting, yet neither Lucid's or Radiant's attempts to crack top 8 at their own continental event were broadcasted at all which is a real bummer even without factoring in that both series went to game 5 or the opponents' (RyaNoob always seems to lose to EU, Berserkers attempting to beat EU a second time to make top 8). At least not having a second stream of VoDs to catch up on gets me back in the game faster, I guess
  • Berserkers are improving a ton, crazy to see how they've stormed onto the scene and are now making names for themselves. It's nice that the HCS financial support has allowed them their shot at competing internationally outside of just Worlds finals
  • This event has been fun to watch (on VoD) and I'm hoping for a HCS Sydney at some point

See ya guys in a couple of days after I eventually watch all of day 3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just finished watching Day 2, some thoughts:

• Normally after catching up on VoDs during an event I get onto the HCS thread and skip straight to the last page since there are too many posts for me to catch up on, but today I had fewer than three pages of posts to read for the whole day...where is everyone :(

For me (and I'd assume most others) the difference in time zone is too much to be bothered with. I understand and support why they based it on EU viewership, it just sucks I don't get to watch without waking up at 4 AM.

• Upvote (+1) 1