CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

great production, a bit too much downtime ... bummed about 4k viewers but hopefully it will hit 15k-20k for finals

Cool to see former Halo pros still doing their thing. Makes me happy.

I've been watching Karma play the new Blackout mode, dude is nasty.

Feels weird to have Friday end so early, but glad to see Simms back in the caster rotation.

Was there a lot of downtime or is this next level sarcasm, I'm not picking up on? I didn't notice any and have been enjoying the production and overall event. :/

Couldn't catch too much, but the extra content Gfinity brings to the table is another level. I would almost say they deserve better/more popular title. Hopefully they will be still around when Infinity takes over the world.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it possible for them to time a series on a side stage to start like 10 minutes after the mainstage series so they can have more matches and a lot less downtime?? the downtime was really rough. These series are so quick that the downtime lasts almost longer than the actual games.

Mentions former Halo pros, then immediately mentions Karma. Totally thought you meant the H2 Karma and now I'm disappointed

Man, I wish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im not part of a team or anything yet, i've never competed even though ive been playing halo since 2006. I just wanted to know, is it possible to compete in hcs atlanta for the finals if I find a team?

• Upvote (+1) 3

im not part of a team or anything yet, i've never competed even though ive been playing halo since 2006. I just wanted to know, is it possible to compete in hcs atlanta for the finals if I find a team?

Yes it's an open tournament. That is if you're wanting to compete in Halo 5. The H3 2v2 might be sold out already.

current pool standings

4KvN1Cp.png

Horus Esports, Cerberus, KenDog's, and Downrush are the OB teams heading to LB1

@@Onset is there a way to look up rosters for the other 3 open bracket teams

Horus - Rudimentary, Alexer, Chaser Oniel, Ninzur

Cerberus - Slinky, APMH, Stress, Reality

KenDog’s No.1 Fan - evil pander, Ka Meh Kah Zeh, Curly Pooper, Elite Pooper

Downrush - Batchford, Morguhh, Simplay, Sica

———

Great day today, I still would have liked to have seen some of the open bracket games personally but you still want to watch top level halo at the same time. Hopefully tomorrow seeing the best open teams face off against the pro teams will make up for that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

current pool standings

4KvN1Cp.png

Horus Esports, Cerberus, KenDog's, and Downrush are the OB teams heading to LB1

Horus - Rudimentary, Alexer, Chaser Oniel, Ninzur

KenDog’s No.1 Fan - evil pander, Ka Meh Kah Zeh, Curly Pooper, Elite Pooper

Downrush - Batchford, Morguhh, Simplay, Sica

Anyone know the rosters of SkitLite, WeViscious, or Chosen Legacy?

• Upvote (+1) 1

More series tomorrow, more gameplay, more action I promise.

Hope you guys did enjoy the features. Tried to emphasise hearing from the players this event, their stories, how they see things. Any other feedback as alway lmk.

For sure, the player stuff was A++++++ and if anyone complains about that they're stupid. I think that what some of us found boring was the pre and post match dragging on because they're always "Well it's going to be a good match up." 3-0 "Well it was a good match up but ---- couldn't pull through. When this talk goes on for more than 5 min everyone has tuned out. 

Obviously, nothing is perfect and you guys have put in a lot of time and effort bringing us interviews and behind the scenes stuff with the players that has never been done before and that is badass and we thank you. 

Just in a perfect world I think we could have that, quick intros and recaps of the 3-0's WHILE cutting to a second stage match up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone know the rosters of SkitLite, WeViscious, or Chosen Legacy?

Idk about the other two, but Chosen Legacy is Contra, Tapping Buttons, Rammy and Bullet.

I'm curious how it's decided who plays the Open Bracket teams that advanced through losers bracket. I assume that the 3rd place team from each pool plays them, but I'm not sure. Also, how is it determined which pool play team plays which open bracket team in Champ Losers R1?  I only ask because I've been following Batchford's run this tournament, and I have no freaking clue who he's gonna play tomorrow.

Wonderboy finally went back to his OG tag and finally went back to competing?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so titled man, they allowed players to play on smurf accounts and there's no way I can know who is who.

Whats the point in putting the effort in to track LAN events when Im not given the opportunity to get 100% coverage?

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm so titled man, they allowed players to play on smurf accounts and there's no way I can know who is who.

Whats the point in putting the effort in to track LAN events when Im not given the opportunity to get 100% coverage?

I was just checking twitter and saw you talking about this. I thought you meant they were playing on new tags, like some people have UK at the end, but it sounds like they're just on random accounts?

That sucks if so, I'm sorry to hear that.

I was just checking twitter and saw you talking about this. I thought you meant they were playing on new tags, like some people have UK at the end, but it sounds like they're just on random accounts?

That sucks if so, I'm sorry to hear that.

Yeah for LANs everyone gets a new gamertag which is okay. Its just when they allow players to play on tags like Halo5UK23 and I've no idea who that is as a person. SLG tweeted me a photo of one of their games and I could see the players service tags so I used that to link the Halo5UK23 tags to each player. But that took ages to do.

Its feels pointless to track stats for 80% of a LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1