CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't know if it's fair to say Snipedown is definitively better than Bubu. Snipedown is a monster but I think Bubu has a deeper understanding of what it means to play SplyceHalo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

crazy to think we once had CLG, C9, OpTic, Luminosity, Liquid, EG and now nV. Now we're basically just left with Splyce and RNG. I think it's safe to say 343 and ESL completely killed off the interest for the Halo scene.

Orgs are now getting used to stability in terms of franchising and longer player contracts, Halo has relegations and players switching teams every 3 months. Not surprising that orgs want to stay away from Halo in that aspect

i can't find games in h5, guess im gonna keep playing mcc btb then

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce

Str8

-nV

-Optic

-EG

-TL

-LG

-Allegiance

-CLG

Lmao honestly pathetic. Also, they removed the CLG skins but theyre keeping the other ones? Yeah, I guess keeping more than 2 skins in the game is a good idea, doesn't matter if the org is literally not involved with halo anymore.

A truly better team can be made between Rec and NV that could maybe challenge Tox and become at least the definitive 3rd best instead of 3rd/4th and it would need to have Bubu and Saiyan on it and then two people who can each slay better than Ola (love him but he can't hang with the top 2 when it comes to 1v1s).

IMO best team to make would be Bubu, Saiyan, Snipedown, and either Mikwen or Spartan as the 4th.

100% agreed on the part about Ola as much I like Ola as a person and from a nostalgia point of view he's consistently shown that he can't hang in the slaying department when playing against the likes of Tox/Splyce and in Halo 5 you need to be able to slay if you want a chance at winning.

I'd like to see a 3rd team that can actually compete with the top 2 teams but it's looking like it's going to be another season where the 3rd best team is a distant 3rd.

• Downvote (-1) 2

100% agreed on the part about Ola as much I like Ola as a person and from a nostalgia point of view he's consistently shown that he can't hang in the slaying department when playing against the likes of Tox/Splyce and in Halo 5 you need to be able to slay if you want a chance at winning.

I'd like to see a 3rd team that can actually compete with the top 2 teams but it's looking like it's going to be another season where the 3rd best team is a distant 3rd.

Not sure how NV was a distant 3rd when they took tox to a game 7 at the finals and beat them in orlando. If anything there is a much larger gap between first and then the next 3 teams.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

100% agreed on the part about Ola as much I like Ola as a person and from a nostalgia point of view he's consistently shown that he can't hang in the slaying department when playing against the likes of Tox/Splyce and in Halo 5 you need to be able to slay if you want a chance at winning

Not Tox, just Splyce. And no one is..

Not sure how NV was a distant 3rd when they took tox to a game 7 at the finals and beat them in orlando. If anything there is a much larger gap between first and then the next 3 teams.

Just checked the series score looks your correct I was under the impression that the last series they played wasn't that close but it went to game 7 guess I'm still used to TOX being the team that everyone else was playing catch up too but Splyce has clearly taken that spot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, and this is just pure opinion but something that I have been thinking about since COD WWII and the rise of R6. I think the days of console and esports are limited unless there is a better product out there. 

People that invest a grand or so in a PC setup are obviously going to tend to be more dedicated to gaming and esports. 

If you click around on reddit and xbox subs you see a lot 55inch tv and surround setups, or "Assassins Creed looks beautiful on Xbox One X", and I feel like this is the majority of console gamers and they could care less about esports. 

Like I said, I don't have some huge statistical argument, this is just a feeling. Consoles are simply turning into living room casual entertainment and big Orgs are moving out for a reason... probably because the data I referenced as not having they sure as shit do. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly, and this is just pure opinion but something that I have been thinking about since COD WWII and the rise of R6. I think the days of console and esports are limited unless there is a better product out there. 

People that invest a grand or so in a PC setup are obviously going to tend to be more dedicated to gaming and esports. 

If you click around on reddit and xbox subs you see a lot 55inch tv and surround setups, or "Assassins Creed looks beautiful on Xbox One X", and I feel like this is the majority of console gamers and they could care less about esports. 

Like I said, I don't have some huge statistical argument, this is just a feeling. Consoles are simply turning into living room casual entertainment and big Orgs are moving out for a reason... probably because the data I referenced as not having they sure as shit do. 

Hasn't Microsoft already confirmed that at some point all XB1 titles will also be released on PC as well?

Hasn't Microsoft already confirmed that at some point all XB1 titles will also be released on PC as well?

All future first party titles will be cross platform&buy with PC.

All future first party titles will be cross platform&buy with PC.

They went back on that

Source?

Can't find the article. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could've sworn they said not all exclusives are going to be on pc

Can't find the article. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could've sworn they said not all exclusives are going to be on pc

I believe that was Phil Spencer responding to a tweet about Halo 6 being on PC.

I believe that was Phil Spencer responding to a tweet about Halo 6 being on PC.

ffs man, I literally built a gaming PC last year thinking that I would eventually sell my XB1 (which I literally only have for Halo)

• Upvote (+1) 2

ffs man, I literally built a gaming PC last year thinking that I would eventually sell my XB1 (which I literally only have for Halo)

Same.

I feel like you would have to have some kind of fall back plan if you were Xbox/MS so that you didn't have to put everything on PC. Supporting a game on PC and those communities is different than console. People expect things to work and if they don't they expect them to be fixed shortly. The whole certification process and long waits that we see on console are a guaranteed way to kill a game on PC if it doesn't have a phenomenal launch. Not all of these developers are capable and willing to deal with both sides. Just look at how bungie gets roasted on reddit and their total failure to respond in a meaningful way to the demands of so many people that dislike something so publicly that they draw others in and everyone notices whats happening

• Upvote (+1) 1