CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Better chance of happening: EU team places top 4/ Open Bracket Team Places Top 8?

An open team placing top 8 wouldn't even be remotely surprising considering Elevate, Str8, Mentality, etc. are all open bracket teams. I really can't see an EU team placing top 4 as the top 4 in NA is pretty stacked right now. Maybe top 6 but even that is questionable.

7am is fine guys. Let’s not complain about every little thing here. This is going to be a great weekend for EU Halo and if you cannot watch at that time at least retweet or like Gfinity’s and HCS’s tweets. Gotta support the cause.

I think its a fair trade off. Every NA event EU folk have to stay up to 2-3 in the morning to see the later games. Also with the grand finals being on Sunday some people cant afford to stay up that late with work the next day and have to watch a rebroadcast instead. I'd 100% rather a 7am start and get to see finals live.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who stayed up to watch NA finals at 5am at previous events, 7am moaners need to stop lollygagging.

They need to get a real job.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7am is perfect imo. Stop complaining. This is the perfect comprimise. Its not like the matches will start at 7am anyway and honestly the first matches aren't going to be must watch matches anyway. Plus if you are behind its a blessing in disguise. Watch the past broadcast and if you skip the down time in between you will be caught up in no time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce is actually playing in the 2k for once which makes the bracket more interesting. Plus Trifecta will match up against Rec so tune in if you can.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce is actually playing in the 2k for once which makes the bracket more interesting. Plus Trifecta will match up against Rec so tune in if you can.

Anyone know if they're playing the whole 2k today or finishing it on Tuesday again?

edit: according to Frosty's chat it's all happening today

I’ve had to wait up till early hours of the morning to watch basically all halo events due to being in England. I’d of really loved to have seen mlg events in London back in the day.

Its funny that the thing that makes all that possible.  The thing that actually adds to the movement meta of this game in a meaningful way at this top level isn't a spartan ability.  Its a fucking spring jump. Its a difficult to execute detail.  Not something that's shoved in front of your face.

Even funnier is the fact that Spring Jumping has existed since Halo Reach, and still very few pro players have actually utilized it in their play.

There were a lot of really useful springs in Reach that no one ever took advantage of at the top level.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As for spoilers, I'm curious how many people actively avoid spoilers who watch Halo? If I miss a few series, I'd still rather watch the live broadcast. Maybe I'm in the minority though. Even for grand finals I'd rather watch the last game live then dig for a VOD later.

I work on weekends and can't really enjoy a match if I know the results so I always end up avoiding Twitter, YouTube, and Beyond for one to two weeks while I catch up on the tournament VoDs. To be honest, I sometimes prefer it to watching live because if the VoD time length doesn't spoil the results (I love it when the stream doesn't need to be restarted and they leave the stream running for a while after the last match) I can safely skip all the down time between matches; never end up regretting not running out to get food because I didn't want to miss the next match but there ended up being a delay with the same one movie trailer and two montages playing on a loop for half an hour.

I can find myself somewhat out of the loop when I get back (didn't know the story about the Beach LAN prize pool getting stolen and then found under a rock) or very out of the loop (major tournament organization issues that I don't pick up on if I'm skipping the filler/analyst content between matches, etc).

I really wish Halo was big enough for to be included on a site like Eventvods I might even exclusively watch events after the fact rather than live. Those guys organize everything so well and have an in-line player that blocks out the time bar on YouTube videos while still allowing you to fast forward, rewind, pause, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

or kids lol

i would never wish that even upon my mortal enemy. Ive lost too many friends to their child

Some more PBL lore. 

582a38e8145d7f5932d07581c8bc7ce6.png

And the more I think about it the more I think PBL being tied to a crypto is really the most prominent thing putting their league into question. 

Microsoft store 4v4s were today, how did everyone like it?

My store had five new people show up, and I was the only "regular" for a total of six people. The five new people were all friends who came together so we split into two teams of three and did a slayer best of five for our tournament. Sadly only one of them regularly, played, and he wasn't the most talented player so my team came out victorious while I was dropping thirty bombs every game. Still had fun though. The Microsoft employee ended up letting us choose whatever settings we would like, the other five were most comfortable with default slayer so we went forward with that, which was cool with me.

Some Microsoft stores may be switching to MCC for future events, or at least doing a few MCC based ones. So if you don't like Halo 5, still reach out to your local community and see if a classic Halo is being ran. I know my store is doing a Halo 3 2v2 coming up, and some stores have already done Halo 3 events.

• Upvote (+1) 7