CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not sure if this adds anything to the convo but we stream The ESL UK Hearthstone League to between 1.5/2k viewers on twitch, we streamed it on Mixer last week and it got over 10K, we too are pretty minblown with the figures but they are legit and i feel theres a hungry market of social/casual people who the stream reaches/gets fed to if it gets front page or a certain number of viewers.

Lmfao Microsoft is viewbotting themselves to make big organizations think streaming on Mixer is better than Twitch. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

As much as I love drama, is there a different thread about 2k results or just not talked about anymore?

If teams like splyce dont take these 2ks seriously, do you expect the fans to? In all honesty there is so little promotion and fanfare made about weekly halo that it becomes easy to forget its happening. I miss pro league dude. For all its flaws at least all the matches were streamed and i knew when it started

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmfao Microsoft is viewbotting themselves to make big organizations think streaming on Mixer is better than Twitch. 

What if view botting didnt occur? 

Has anyone done one of these things on Money Matches?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh you mean the rich kid who has been faking giveaways for years to gain a social media following for his brand/website that represented itself as the "only legal place to bet on esports in the USA", which in reality is just a place where you can buy tokens for a chance to win prizes that are no where near the cost of the actual coins? Where their are clearly bots/fake accounts that accrue an unreasonable amount of coins so that no one can actually win anything? The kid who failed to pay out money to multiple organizations that he partnered with?

He's just a meme. He's not even worth the time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If view botting didn't occur, then congrats to PBL. I mentioned this before, but it was several pages back. Many players participating in PBL, myself included, are not sure we'll get paid. Despite this it's fun comparing yourselves to different NA regions and see where decent Halo talent is at so we're participating anyway. There's several sketchy things though, for example the rules of the league are just now being discussed as of a night or two ago; even though the league has been running for a few weeks already. It's just weird.

When you say "one of these things", do you mean a full internet investigation like this PBL one? To me, Money Matches has always seemed shady, and I don't really like the owner on a personal level for a variety of reasons, so I would immediately dismiss them. PBL looks better than Money Matches in my eyes even after this Sherlock Holmes games we're playing. That's just me though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fletch interviewed Zach, got very vague answers, there's not a lot more to dig through, but it has been done. 

If the view botting didn't occur, I think people would still be questioning plenty about the league, the view count just put a spotlight on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fletch interviewed Zach, got very vague answers, there's not a lot more to dig through, but it has been done. 

If the view botting didn't occur, I think people would still be questioning plenty about the league, the view count just put a spotlight on it. 

I still don't like how there is no information on how to use this coin outside of an investment vehicle. giving your prize as a coin that's worth 1/4 of an already worthless coin. its just a way to force adoption and create transactions. 

and 10k viewers is a lot for a halo event at this point. especially on mixer when even twitch viewership of halo 5 as a whole is only a few hundred at any given time.

actually pbl is on mixer right now and there is less that 200 watching and they have fewer than 2k followers. they had to be viewbotting

CnbgOl2.png

I'm no MS hater, but this isn't out of the question. With Bing Rewards, Microsoft literally pays you (albeit tiny amounts) to use Bing as your search engine. It's been that way for years. I use it on my home and work computers, and on my phone, and I usually end up earning enough points for 12 months of Xbox live and a few bucks in gift cards each year. A pretty decent deal for tolerating Bing, which isn't even that bad. So I wouldn't put it past MS to incentivize using their contender services. Not sure if that means viewbotting, but they're always trying to get a leg up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure if anyone has posted these here but this guy has been making really good h5 videos. Here's his latest one breaking down shotzzy's movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L6KyxrrGPw

Always a joy to watch Shotzzy's movement.

I randomly found that guy on YouTube the other day, good to see more Halo content being put out there.

I'm no MS hater, but this isn't out of the question. With Bing Rewards, Microsoft literally pays you (albeit tiny amounts) to use Bing as your search engine. It's been that way for years. I use it on my home and work computers, and on my phone, and I usually end up earning enough points for 12 months of Xbox live and a few bucks in gift cards each year. A pretty decent deal for tolerating Bing, which isn't even that bad. So I wouldn't put it past MS to incentivize using their contender services. Not sure if that means viewbotting, but they're always trying to get a leg up.

Bruh I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses Bing, I just hit my 150 day streak lol. In the past 12 months I've probably gotten $60-$100 worth of Xbox gift cards. That shit is dope.

For those of you that aren't familiar, basically you can earn up to around 470 points a day (roughly 171,550 a year) by performing searches on Bing (desktop and mobile). I'm looking at a deal right now for a $25 Xbox gift card for 18,750 points, which at that rate you could redeem like 9 of those in a year which is $225. You just need to make sure whenever you search you're signed in to the same Microsoft account.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure if anyone has posted these here but this guy has been making really good h5 videos. Here's his latest one breaking down shotzzy's movement. 

Its funny that the thing that makes all that possible.  The thing that actually adds to the movement meta of this game in a meaningful way at this top level isn't a spartan ability.  Its a fucking spring jump. Its a difficult to execute detail.  Not something that's shoved in front of your face.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Always a joy to watch Shotzzy's movement.

I randomly found that guy on YouTube the other day, good to see more Halo content being put out there.

He was featured in between the games of the 2k stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why the fuck does Saturday/Sunday start at 7 am instead of 11 am EST that’s how you kill viewership from NA 11 am was a perfectly reasonable compromise.

Also are secondary streams still going to be going on at this event.

Lmaoooooooo, No fucking way I'm waking up at 5AM for Halo.

Surely they could have found a better compromise than 7AM EST. Let's be real, they just killed 80% of their viewership because now everyone's going to have to watch the rebroadcast to avoid spoilers. :/

Lmaoooooooo, No fucking way I'm waking up at 5AM for Halo.

Surely they could have found a better compromise than 7AM EST. Let's be real, they just killed 80% of their viewership because now everyone's going to have to watch the rebroadcast to avoid spoilers. :/

I am actually all for it. I have always wanted morning streams. I wake up at 330 so this will be great!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many teams are playing in London? It's not a fair compromise if players are at the venue until 1:00am so NA gets a better viewing time.

This event is more about growing the scene in Europe than it is about NA getting to watch.

As for spoilers, I'm curious how many people actively avoid spoilers who watch Halo? If I miss a few series, I'd still rather watch the live broadcast. Maybe I'm in the minority though. Even for grand finals I'd rather watch the last game live then dig for a VOD later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've watched a lot of Halo gameplay, easily thousands of hours over the past decade, but nothing has impressed me as much as Shotzzy in H5.  the only comparison would be Pistola at his peak in H3 or maybe Patch's streams of H1 MCC (when he explained what he was doing lol)

I remember watching one of Shotzzy's early streams and saving a few Twitch clips ... after a few minutes I realized that I was literally saving like 70% of his stream time and just stopped bothering.  For every clip analyzed in that video, there are literally a thousand more that are equally impressive

• Upvote (+1) 4

How many teams are playing in London? It's not a fair compromise if players are at the venue until 1:00am so NA gets a better viewing time.

This event is more about growing the scene in Europe than it is about NA getting to watch.

As for spoilers, I'm curious how many people actively avoid spoilers who watch Halo? If I miss a few series, I'd still rather watch the live broadcast. Maybe I'm in the minority though. Even for grand finals I'd rather watch the last game live then dig for a VOD later.

I mean Halo players are up till 1AM anyway haha.

I hate spoilers, ruins all the hype tbh. You may have a point about the finals though, because if I'm watching a rebroadcast I can unfortunately usually tell who wins just because of the time remaining.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I casted a Microsoft Store Gears 4 tournament and the numbers were a little silly.. it had a consistent 15k. Mixer will feature one stream on the Xbox Dashboard. Does that mean anyone sitting idle in their friends or browsing through tabs could count as a viewer?

The Gfinity promos are kinda amazing. A simple edit does wonders for hype

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm guessing the early times are to work with the venue? You have to remember they are ahead of us by 5-8 hours in NA. Really curious how viewership will be with tons of esports going on now, plus the return of College Football & NFL.

-----------------

Also, don't forget there's a Microsoft Store H5 4v4 this Sunday

I've been to a couple of them now, pretty good way to meet locals and talk Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3