CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Started using tinder last month and can confirm h3 gets you laid more than h5. even the girls like it smooth!!

I always knew I liked you

• Upvote (+1) 1

The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns #stanley

I'm hereby offended by your use of the word leprechaun #2018

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mixer_8K.png

b7bc7739034036132af0449f3710cd98.png

i mean if its legit, then that can only be good for halo and the hcs needs to use some of that advertising, but i have a feeling that this is somehow closer to the millions of people who minimized us on twitter than actual interested viewers. this also just seems more like an end to pump some lindacoin out and temporarily inflate value than anything else.

i hope it is legit and it shows a true interest in halo, but at then end, i dont think its going to hold up. it feels like a pump and dump 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i mean if its legit, then that can only be good for halo and the hcs needs to use some of that advertising, but i have a feeling that this is somehow closer to the millions of people who minimized us on twitter than actual interested viewers. this also just seems more like an end to pump some lindacoin out and temporarily inflate value than anything else.

i hope it is legit and it shows a true interest in halo, but at then end, i dont think its going to hold up

There's a possibility that the Pro Battle League guys are legit, but the whole Lindacoin tie in is sketch, also, in terms of staking, which was addressed in last night's live stream, there can be caps placed on when you are actually able to withdraw those coins to cash out if they are staked. 

5e2135ef09d7c46ddb4799b6968842a2.png

Also, no clue whether LindaX = Lindacoin.

PBL might not have viewbotted, but it sure looks like the Linda team could be turfing, so maybe they were behind the inflated numbers. 

0da814f8c97f394cc55c2531a25e3ad6.png

6a91e4ff3d11f7aa7c0ef36fd5286349.png

3d11f692dba7380041bc6b4e6add8035.png

9fa4e481f14da1e3b06b81ab7d48a0a0.png

0a4fe17839620568e3842ee5e183a0b1.png

a6811daac59dd02181a7c72e99e131e7.png

DISCLAIMER:  This is a sponsored article. 

d267cb7f1b47da2792c4c605127eb9bc.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a possibility that the Pro Battle League guys are legit, but the whole Lindacoin tie in is sketch, also, in terms of staking, which was addressed in last night's live stream, there can be caps placed on when you are actually able to withdraw those coins to cash out if they are staked. 

5e2135ef09d7c46ddb4799b6968842a2.png

Also, no clue whether LindaX = Lindacoin.

im still watching that vid, but i definitely think the pbl guys are legit, on their end anyway. i remember seeing a stream from them a while ago on twitch a while ago (last year maybe, who the hell knows) and they had a shitty desk, 30 viewers, and teams weren't showing up online. from that to 8k on mixer (which is hcs numbers if not better) feels off to me. then the coin tie in...that seems like it was done by the coin devs to generate interest using an ailing 3rd party. the prize pool being 25K worth of Linda coin  is sketchy. i looked up their mobile wallet. its $2 for a wallet that apparently forces a $10/month plan. dunno man maybe just maybe its all legit and these players will become billionaires on lindacoin but i doubt it and dont like this being associated with halo

• Upvote (+1) 4

im still watching that vid, but i definitely think the pbl guys are legit, on their end anyway. i remember seeing a stream from them a while ago on twitch a while ago (last year maybe, who the hell knows) and they had a shitty desk, 30 viewers, and teams weren't showing up online. from that to 8k on mixer (which is hcs numbers if not better) feels off to me. then the coin tie in...that seems like it was done by the coin devs to generate interest using an ailing 3rd party. the prize pool being 25K worth of Linda coin  is sketchy. i looked up their mobile wallet. its $2 for a wallet that apparently forces a $10/month plan. dunno man maybe just maybe its all legit and these players will become billionaires on lindacoin but i doubt it and dont like this being associated with halo

4cc2fef9a55105be21ce5287362f3cdf.png

Seems legit. 

eaf7afa4499e201ed26df586ce4ea018.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't hate the idea of using crypto-currency as a prize however it needs to be one that is already established.  If the prize were say, Bitcoin i wouldn't be sketched out.  Crypto value is volatile as hell but at least a few are seen as "legit" (im thinking bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum).  Making your own coin then trying to use that as the prize SCREAMS pump and dump.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't hate the idea of using crypto-currency as a prize however it needs to be one that is already established.  If the prize were say, Bitcoin i wouldn't be sketched out.  Crypto value is volatile as hell but at least a few are seen as "legit" (im thinking bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum).  Making your own coin then trying to use that as the prize SCREAMS pump and dump.

PumpanddumpBattleLeague. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think my problem is that crypto is really just another payment option. Using it as a prize is weird, using it as an option for payout on prize isn’t.

If you offer it and a winner wants their prize money paid in crypto then so be it. It should just be an option and not how you value your prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember when we would just miss entire maps of pro league because H5 came out without a real observer mode?

Peak HCS

• Upvote (+1) 6

As much as I love drama, is there a different thread about 2k results or just not talked about anymore?

No but I can offer you 2,000 Battle7okens... 

• Upvote (+1) 5

As much as I love drama, is there a different thread about 2k results or just not talked about anymore?

Huh, not going to lie I forgot about the 2k.

Bubu's triple or over was sick. I was surprised to see his squad go up 2-0 in the finals. I didn't see the last game but I saw Tox tie it up 2-2.

Did Berserker get a paid trip out to London? I'm surprised to see a LATAM team making the trip. Cool to see regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This place is a ghost town for the most part in between events. Can’t really blame anyone though, this game is 3 years old and there usually is very little storylines/content/etc. I usually see content about 2 weeks out from an event, and the events themselves are great, but no spirit to keep the game hyped in between. I think everyone is just waiting for Infinite at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This place is a ghost town for the most part in between events. Can’t really blame anyone though, this game is 3 years old and there usually is very little storylines/content/etc. I usually see content about 2 weeks out from an event, and the events themselves are great, but no spirit to keep the game hyped in between. I think everyone is just waiting for Infinite at this point.

You can't really force excitement at this point, Halo 5 was a step in the right direction - but for a lot of fans it's played out at this point and they want a new Halo game at Year 3.

We got HCS London next weekend, then the Finals in November. As a community, I hope we can finish strong for the year.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You can't really force excitement at this point, Halo 5 was a step in the right direction - but for a lot of fans it's played out at this point and they want a new Halo game at Year 3.

We got HCS London next weekend, then the Finals in November. As a community, I hope we can finish strong for the year.

This.. you just cannot go from a 3 year dev cycle to a probably 5 year cycle and not expect the game to die.

This.. you just cannot go from a 3 year dev cycle to a probably 5 year cycle and not expect the game to die.

As the famous quote goes

C8h1eGr.png

If it makes Halo Infinite great, I'm all for waiting another couple years. We recently got MCC fixed, maybe it can be utilized after the H3 2v2 if it goes well for players. I really wouldn't mind a season of MLG Halo 3 4v4 :heart:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure if this adds anything to the convo but we stream The ESL UK Hearthstone League to between 1.5/2k viewers on twitch, we streamed it on Mixer last week and it got over 10K, we too are pretty minblown with the figures but they are legit and i feel theres a hungry market of social/casual people who the stream reaches/gets fed to if it gets front page or a certain number of viewers.

Not sure if this adds anything to the convo but we stream The ESL UK Hearthstone League to between 1.5/2k viewers on twitch, we streamed it on Mixer last week and it got over 10K, we too are pretty minblown with the figures but they are legit and i feel theres a hungry market of social/casual people who the stream reaches/gets fed to if it gets front page or a certain number of viewers.

Thats good. Good to see Mixer "winning" in some cases. Twitch is winning total viewership due to the sheer size of the preexisting mob, but personally I think mixer is the superior platform.  Hopefully Mixer keeps gaining popularity and we can all benefit.