CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What is PBL I’m out of the loop is that a new TO ?

basically. its a localized league for halo for AM kids with a crypto currency prize pool

And people is complaining because?

Viewbotting their own streams and 100,000 Battle7oken prize pool is worth $31.45 USD with the current conversion rates from Lindacoin.

And further updates still. Tom is currently in the Discord fielding questions. He currently denies the view botting still, stating that Mixer still tells them the numbers are legitimate. He suggests the "throwing us under the bus" comment was him admitting guilt of making a mistake. He also says that he never bribed Simon, but certain quotes were taken out of context to make it look that way.

Some players are starting to pipe up saying they don't care about any of this drama or the payout, similar to what I said earlier it seems like nobody actually expects the payouts to go through.

Apparently the final set of rules are currently being finalized, and should be shared soon.

Also it was re-confirmed that a cash payout will be made if the crypto currency they're offering does not rise to the value they're expecting.

I would never play in an esports league that offered a cryptocurrency that they created themselves as a prize. Seems a bit unethical and they could possibly be using this to skirt around legal barriers as well, due to crypto being a bit of a gray area for the moment. Also, cash is the king. I dont want your made up chuckie cheese token, that I have to jump through 500 hoops to cash out and use in real life. Unless it is a "mainstream" coin, like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum... but even then I wouldn't feel right about it either. 

More concerning, however, is the concept (for those unfamiliar) of a "pump and dump" scheme which is fairly common these days in the crypto-world (I felt pretentious writing crypto world). You create an unknown coin, generally coined an "alt coin" or "shit coin", you hold substantial amounts (let's say I own 5,000,000 coins), you then do whatever you can to inflate the value of the coin. Because you have such a substantial holding, even if the price increases 5 cents, you could actually make a decent amount due to your sheer volume alone.

So the question is, would you classify an alt coin created by a local halo league, as a long-term hold, where they will improve the coins "tech" over the next 3-5 years, preferably longer than that? Realistically, probably not. I am not saying these guys are running a scam, but I also would not feel comfortable competing for an imaginary prize either. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

The fact that they picked Halo 5 given its current state seems like a pretty big red flag.

• Upvote (+1) 8

oh the shitty camera work...and this guy should be selling flex tape

Yeah but... the Porsche tho.  :simms:

Yeah but... the Porsche tho.  :simms:

man if you drop those haters and get on linda coin you too can have enough money to rent one of these bad boys for the afternoon

• Upvote (+1) 1

Viewbotting their own streams and 100,000 Battle7oken prize pool is worth $31.45 USD with the current conversion rates from Lindacoin.

And what is the alternative for those AM players ?

Hello friends,

With London just a week or so away now, we made a cool little promo. Hope you enjoy!

Missed out on spec tickets :mj:

If anyone cant make it or has a spare ticket or two please let me know! Long shot i know

And what is the alternative for those AM players ?

Seek out reputable companies that host tournaments that offer something of value as a prize, like REAL money.

People need to start calling out scams and bullshit like this immediately, instead of letting it get out of control and the losers behind it start benefiting from it.

The fact that they picked Halo 5 given its current state seems like a pretty big red flag.

Honestly think the guys really do love Halo just like we all do - They're also just kinda dumb and don't know what they're doing and probably not exactly what you would call character guys. 

I saw them roaming around NOLA and they talked to a teammate about how the he needs to sign up for North Texas and what not. It's not like they're trying to get rich and scam, because it is Halo 5. They just make terrible decisions and dig themselves deeper with ego - kinda like Halo Ams

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seek out reputable companies that host tournaments that offer something of value as a prize, like REAL money.

People need to start calling out scams and bullshit like this immediately, instead of letting it get out of control and the losers behind it start benefiting from it.

*cough* *cough*  :beyond: *cough* *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 4

What's the ratio of Battle7okens to Schrute bucks?

The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns #stanley

• Upvote (+1) 5

The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns #stanley

I'll give you a billion TeamBeyond Bucks if you never talk to me again.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'll give you a billion TeamBeyond Bucks if you never talk to me again.

BeyondBucks would be a very meta crypto name

• Upvote (+1) 3