CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was in that Discord when the discussion they're referencing at the 53:00ish mark was going down. I'm curious if I'm going to get called out because I kept making fun of people in it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Full disclosure: I'm on the Alberta team.

"25k"

I mean its crazy its even happening. I have no idea how well it is run, but seems to me some real work went into it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright, the podcast went over four main issues.

-View botting

-No rulebook

-Pros being allowed to play

-Shady payout

I can almost guarantee they're view botting. The main Halo channel struggles to pull 10k viewers at times and that's with heavy advertising. I believe they were shown on the front page of Mixer recently, which could lead to a small bump, but there's no way that's a 10000 viewer bump.

I have no idea where this rule book is, I've seen several people ask about it, including players, and have not seen one receive it.

Pros being allowed to play is the weird one. I'm kind of mixed, the only answer I ever received was nobody in top eight at NOLA, but apparently there's other places you can find that say nobody in top sixteen in HWC. I know many people were not cool with the top heavy talent, and if some people signed up with the understanding of no pros or top sixteen HWC contenders, I can understand the frustration.

Lastly the prize pool, it's definitely sketchy to be playing for "battle7okens". I think first is 100,000 of the crypto, but if the crypto drops below the proposed value you would get paid with cash instead. At least that's what was promised.

I won't say who it was, but one of the relevant players in the league said it best I feel when he said something along the lines of "I doubt I'm even going to get paid, I just like competing in Halo". I feel most people participating expect virtually nothing from this, but it's a way to play with some locals and compare yourself to other regions of NA, which hasn't happened a lot in Halo.

My general rule is to trust few in esports. I definitely don't trust this league, I fully expect people to be shaded, but playing regional Halo definitely has appeal to me. I wouldn't suggest for anybody to work with them unless you enjoy the work with no compensation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip

I just finished watching the entire thing. You could have warned us the first fifteen minutes was you setting up!

I have some new developments for you all. I reached out to a few people to try to learn some information. First of all, in introductions Tom has said stuff along the lines of "I'm Tom, co-owner of PBL. Also known as Kairos". Not sure if he goes by the name Kairos (maybe Kairo?), or if he means PBL is also Kairos. But interesting to see you find Kairo(s) as a connection.

Also, a lot of the teams seem to be "owned" by Linda and Linda X. So that weird dude who bought the Anaheim Pirates probably "bought" the team from Linda. Not sure what that transaction would have looked like, but it may be another way for Linda to get funding is by selling these teams to different buyers.

In regards to the teams you saw in the Whitepaper or whatever it's called, a lot of those teams/rosters don't exist anymore. Columbus has a completely different roster than what was listed for example.

Finally, I saw you went to the Battle Pro website. The site doesn't work very well on mobile, but on desktop if you go to https://www.battlepro.com/leagues/pro-battle-league.3/ and click on the teams tab, you can see every team and the rosters for each team. So the teams are "real", but some of them literally have only one player due to not finding anybody else to join. A lot of the teams are filled with people you haven't heard of, but some of them have names you would know. Going back to Columbus as an example, it has Bound, Dastroyed, and Randa; as well as a few other players that are lesser known. At least one of the names I listed will be familiar to most people on these forums.

None of the information I have shared is private. It's all been things that have been discussed in the PBL discord, or exists as a public record somewhere. The one exception may be Linda "owning" at least some of the teams (I can't speak for all of them). I don't think team ownership is usually a private thing, at least not in any league I follow. Also "owning" a team with no contracts and no product doesn't seem like you own much so I can't imagine it's a big deal.

#HuntTheTruth

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shame some of this had to happen, I was really getting interested in PBL and thought about trying for my region. Hope they can get it all sorted out, I really like the idea of having regional teams and having local areas team up. 

The whole Crypto payout is kind of strange though, would rather they just payout with normal currency.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And further updates still. Tom is currently in the Discord fielding questions. He currently denies the view botting still, stating that Mixer still tells them the numbers are legitimate. He suggests the "throwing us under the bus" comment was him admitting guilt of making a mistake. He also says that he never bribed Simon, but certain quotes were taken out of context to make it look that way.

Some players are starting to pipe up saying they don't care about any of this drama or the payout, similar to what I said earlier it seems like nobody actually expects the payouts to go through.

Apparently the final set of rules are currently being finalized, and should be shared soon.

Also it was re-confirmed that a cash payout will be made if the crypto currency they're offering does not rise to the value they're expecting.

Denying the view botting is crazy. This fact alone would cause me never to never trust or take the guy seriously and make me think he's either a liar or delusional. 

It's like when you meet a random mm kid on H5 that says he beats pros all the time but cannot get on a team because it is all political. 

There is zero chance they pay out cash if the crypto current doesn’t work out (which it won’t)

• Upvote (+1) 1

if PBL was something that grew organically out of the MS Store tourneys, I'd say okay sure, they're amateurish but whatever ... but the $25k and general shadiness does not look good

if PBL was something that grew organically out of the MS Store tourneys, I'd say okay sure, they're amateurish but whatever ... but the $25k and general shadiness does not look good

What is PBL I’m out of the loop is that a new TO ?