CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Agree, the best 8 players are on the top 2 teams ... Saiyan + three other bros could be a solid third place team but we've reached the endgame of H5 at this point in terms of team composition

So we have Splyce and a bunch of tier 3 orgs and lower.

It’s actually kind of insane how quick the drop off of orgs has happened in the last 9-12 months.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So "Damage Dealer" = The glue type players like VictoryX/Chig who tend to have relatively even kill/death but decent damage/death ratios but low damage per minute, while "Wrecking Ball" = people with high damage per minute, relatively even kill/death, but sometimes awful damage/death comparatively?  Wrecking Ball, I assume, is analogous to CS Entry Fragger / MOBA Tanks?  Their job is to create space by exerting high amounts of pressure with presence, while your Damage Dealer is more about just keeping space safe and guarding space by keeping vision on the areas and laying down fire from afar?

Best All Around = Most Versatile, or Highest Averaged Skill across Multiple Categories?

Best Individual = Best Manual Dexterity?

And your response to 3 doesn't really answer what I'm looking for -- what about their comms are you rating as good IGL qualities?

Exactly that. Wrecking ball = entry fragger, Damage dealer = pressure from distance

Best all round = highest averaged skill across multiple categories

As for good IGL, it's a myriad of categories honestly; mostly intangibles. Ability to make correct/higher % decisions under pressure, direct traffic when in control, keep teammates level headed, prioritising areas/weapons on the map. Essentially, a good IGL keeps setting goals & objectives in games that get the team closer to the win & prevent the slayers from overslaying in obj modes (which happens A LOT in Europe stille). e.g. prioritising elbows & towers on Coli when Rockets are popping

The better IGL's do all this without limiting slaying/individual potential; which is why Phlux is best in my eyes. He's still a force individually, as opposed to an IGL like Rami/Riotz who have monster games sometimes, but a lot of the time lose key 1v1s and go on huge cold streaks in games. They sometimes are so focused on the overall game picture, they can't reel in individual performances.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dang, sucks to to nV gone :mj:

---------------------------

As for OP, going to try and update it when we get a lot of changes and updates coming in from valid source(s).

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV had a pretty decent fan base in Halo as well. A lot of people always cheered for them at events. Truly sucks to seem them go, they're the sole reason why i got ivested in H5

• Upvote (+1) 7

How many team skins do we have left in game that still have a team. Str8 and Splyce I think are all that remain.

How many team skins do we have left in game that still have a team. Str8 and Splyce I think are all that remain.

Splyce

Str8

-nV

-Optic

-EG

-TL

-LG

-Allegiance

-CLG

• Upvote (+1) 9

Snipedown is better than bubu for sure, so that is an upgrade

Nv leaving sucks, and they could have put a much better press release than that

• Upvote (+1) 2

Penguin's Twitter bio is "Halo player for hire" with no Rec banner, Snip3down has Rec in bio but not on his banner, Mikwen is the only one who still has Rec stuff on banner & bio.

Snip3down has played a ton of customs & MM with Saiyan, Trippey, & Ola. So it would seem like nV is -bubu +snip3down.

Mikwen has all the Reciprocity stuff removed from his twitter now. 

With nV gone, maybe Ola/Trippey/Saiyan/Snip3down is the new Reciprocity squad?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, first your game must be fun to play, throwing money at it will only get you so far.

I am hopeful for the Halo 6 though, 343 made some good moves recently, so that's a sing I hope. With how quick trends and audiences shift nowdays, you need a simple fun core experience to keep ppl playing it. Hope they get it. I am using too much hope here I see. Sigh.

Mikwen has all the Reciprocity stuff removed from his twitter now. 

With nV gone, maybe Ola/Trippey/Saiyan/Snip3down is the new Reciprocity squad?

Seems likely now that only Snip3down mentions Rec, there's also this:

• Upvote (+1) 6

So we have Splyce and a bunch of tier 3 orgs and lower.

It’s actually kind of insane how quick the drop off of orgs has happened in the last 9-12 months.

giphy.gif

t2 and above orgs

• Upvote (+1) 3