CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@AirKick You wouldn't happen to be xA7X AirKickx are you? If so, good game on Truth.

Yes sir. GG. Forgive me, but were you the one calling out or the one who didn’t play the first 3 minutes? Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes sir. GG. Forgive me, but were you the one calling out or the one who didn’t play the first 3 minutes? Lol

Haha, I was calling out and playing I swear!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoever suggested to search under the rock is the crook.

everyones stuff was searched including cars, condos, and bags. People teamed up in groups to do this. Everything was being searched, the whole lan house was torn apart and this was outside on the way to the beach. I suspect someone had it on their person and just put it some place that would get searched.

T2 podcast was a good watch. You guys should go check it out at the UGC twitch channel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i dont know if anyone has been watching the international, but the team lowdowns and team interviews have been awesome. i would lover to see something like this at London if possible @@Onset or for season finals @@Tashi

Did Splyce enter this 2k?

Don't think so

Anyone else see Blaze hit the kiltac against Tox and then finish the game with 7 kills lol?

Don't think so

Anyone else see Blaze hit the kiltac against Tox and then finish the game with 7 kills lol?

I missed that, but this was pretty slick: 

• Upvote (+1) 7

The owner of the money found it lol. Everyone guessed it was either hidden or long gone so we just kept searching.

Let me just check under this paving stone, mind blown.

Off Topic: Apparently there was a shooting at a Madden tournament today and a couple people didn’t make it. Video game touraments are no longer safe so be careful.

Off Topic: Apparently there was a shooting at a Madden tournament today and a couple people didn’t make it. Video game touraments are no longer safe so be careful.

I'm just catching up on all of this and it's absolutely disgusting. Jacksonville news anchor is reporting 4 fatalities and 10 victims. 

I can’t belive radar still exists in all these playlists. I just love playing ring around the fucking Rosie with these radar kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will people admit they were wrong about pro league? It was necessary

The Pro League setup by itself was not a healthy way to support a scene, which was where most of the complaints that I saw came from.

An Online Pro League should always be accompanied by Open Events (which didn't happen under ESL). Teams were locked out of competing against top teams for months on end, with their only chances being online qualifiers to play in an online league. 

I really enjoyed the Pro League as a non-us viewer as it was easy to catch up on and watch the games you were interested in at the end of the day.

Hopefully in the next Halo we can have both!

• Upvote (+1) 7

The Pro League setup by itself was not a healthy way to support a scene, which was where most of the complaints that I saw came from.

An Online Pro League should always be accompanied by Open Events (which didn't happen under ESL). Teams were locked out of competing against top teams for months on end, with their only chances being online qualifiers to play in an online league. 

I really enjoyed the Pro League as a non-us viewer as it was easy to catch up on and watch the games you were interested in at the end of the day.

Hopefully in the next Halo we can have both!

this. not allowing AMs a chance to enter the scene really was an awful decision, but the weekly matches were awesome. the 2ks would be just fine is they were streamed from the halo channel. relying on more casual fans to track down individual streams is dumb. I would prefer it be casted, but they could even just host channels and that would be something

• Upvote (+1) 1

No

I enjoyed pro league, but it did need something more eventful like a LAN event to happen in between several weeks to stop it getting stale.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope. Pro League, as executed was shit.

There was benefit to having scheduled, weekly online competition between top teams. But there was nothing “neccisary” about ESL sequestering pro teams from the rest of the scene and minimizing LAN play.

If people are looking at Pro League as how it was executed rather than the benefits / potential of the format then honestly you have to judge the alternative of weekly/biweekly online open brackets by the same standards. I literally haven't seen anything so far from the execution of these tournaments; no hype, no momentum, no social media presence, no production value etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1