CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

H5 Re-review by Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/halo-5-the-kotaku-re-review-1828389966

“The first new Halo game on Xbox One got the accolades three years ago, then faded as it was second-guessed. It also got expansions and a community and, by 2018, has evolved into a game worth praising.”

My favorite line.

"Halo 5 is simply there when I need it, no matter how many times I rage-quit after getting stomped"

H5 Re-review by Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/halo-5-the-kotaku-re-review-1828389966

“The first new Halo game on Xbox One got the accolades three years ago, then faded as it was second-guessed. It also got expansions and a community and, by 2018, has evolved into a game worth praising.”

My favorite line.

"Halo 5 is simply there when I need it, no matter how many times I rage-quit after getting stomped"

I have to say that I agree with him that it's currently the best XBL Halo experience (until MCC is fully fixed).  Apart from his praise of Breakout (?! lol) I basically agree ... surprised to see a re-review of H5 this late in the game

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can live with this but god damn please no more forge maps, its 2018 and we are still relying on the community to make maps with low level aesthetics.

So... More forge maps on the way.

It'd be cool if they held a competition where they selected a forger's map and made it into a real/native map, I think some other game has done that, can't remember which though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The spawns were pretty awful. The other team could spawn in your mauler, flag and cuts when you were all set up at a base during red/blue hill.

That only happen if you didn’t killl the guy hiding in mauler, it was a legit strat try to survive in mauler if you were 3 down.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I have to say that I agree with him that it's currently the best XBL Halo experience (until MCC is fully fixed).  Apart from his praise of Breakout (?! lol) I basically agree ... surprised to see a re-review of H5 this late in the game

Of course Halo 5 is the best XBL Halo experience atm, its the only one that is both decently populated and functioning. 

Of course Halo 5 is the best XBL Halo experience atm, its the only one that is both decently populated and functioning.

I can find games reasonably quickly in OG Reach, OG H3, and MCC.

Warzone Assault in H5 actually has the longest wait times of any XBL Halo that I play regularly

a bit off-topic, but ... agree

To be fair, they got swept in a tiebreaker for groups, all they needed to do was win one game to move on. 

Not that I necessarily disagree

• Upvote (+1) 4

That only happen if you didn’t killl the guy hiding in mauler, it was a legit strat try to survive in mauler if you were 3 down.

Gotta check it!

Context? What's this about?

Edit: oof just saw the news...I don't quite understand Ryanoob's tweet though, can someone clarify what he means?

In CoD you can exit the tournament in groups if you lose only one series depending on map count, compare this to esports like CSGO where you have to lose twice to exit in groups.

Context? What's this about?

Edit: oof just saw the news...I don't quite understand Ryanoob's tweet though, can someone clarify what he means?

3 way tie in groups. Optic beat elevate, eg beat optic, elevate beat eg. Elevate advanced over optic with map count , because optic didnt win a game in their final series. Optic only lost one series, so thats what ryan is upset about with groups

Scump and Crimsix are cool.

But ever since Optic dropped Tox and the fact Formal isn't on the team, I've low key been praying for their downfall.

#feelsgoodman

:Toxic:

EDIT: apparently there's a 2k today

• Upvote (+1) 5

If Halo 6 has remix maps I might actually cry, Halo 5 has been out for three years but it feels like forever to me, ready for a change. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 6 has remix maps I might actually cry, Halo 5 has been out for three years but it feels like forever to me, ready for a change. 

You mean you weren't happy with a tech demo?

Strange.

• Upvote (+1) 2