CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey can someone explain why they are doing a Halo 3 2v2 on MCC when they literally have the best Halo game for 2v2's in the same game? If its Halo 3 as a popularity thing, then wouldn't 4v4 Halo 3 make more sense, as thats what it was popular for in comp play?

Jesus christ where the hell does he live for that to happen? That's awful.

H3 2v2s are far more accessible than 4v4s; it's more likely to sell out therefore more likely for the HCS to gain traction/leverage/backing for a H3 4v4 season. Much easier & cheaper to run, you can literally run double the matches at one time with the stations you would need for 4v4.

Also some harsh truths for CE fans: H1 just straight up is not viewer friendly. It undoubtedly has the highest skill ceiling of a Halo title, but it also lacks vital information for a spectator, notably the score of the game for overall match context, an in game clock for weapon timings. You could argue that the viewer could time weapons / see the score themselves in the killfeed; but that's akin to saying 'CS:GO fans don't need to see the in-game economy situation because they can track the money themselves'. Imagine watching CS and ONLY knowing the match score every time a round was won

None of the games besides Halo 5 have an active weapon timer right? I know Halo 2 and onwards shows the gametime clock, which viewers can then themselves infer weapon and power up times from whereas in H1 the clock is hidden. I just wanted to make sure of that distinction since it seems kind of a moot point.

I think the other reason would probably be for popularity's sake they're doing Halo 3. Halo 1 would provide undoubtedly the most skilled play, but you wouldn't have near the draw that Halo 3 will. I do agree with Wonderboy in that Halo 3 is more viewer friendly because there is just more there because games advanced in the years between games. H1 will always be the highest skill ceiling and people who can appreciate that will always appreciate and clamor for that gameplay, but Halo is in such a hellhole of a spot viewership and popularity -wise that Halo 3 is the smarter choice. I hope the tournament goes well, but I also hope that MCC is at the least semi-fixed because Halo 5 will reach all time low viewership next season. People are burnt out on the game playing it (as has been the case pretty much since launch it's declined in playerbase) and it is just brutal to watch (in my eyes). 

Hey can someone explain why they are doing a Halo 3 2v2 on MCC when they literally have the best Halo game for 2v2's in the same game? If its Halo 3 as a popularity thing, then wouldn't 4v4 Halo 3 make more sense, as thats what it was popular for in comp play?

well halo 3 actually works on mcc would be a good starter.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I probably don't have this right but one of the latest additions for Halo CE is that we have a real time scoreboard that updates on the stream overlay. I have no idea how but when watching the FFA's you can see the top 4 scores/names fluctuating. @relyx

As far as what game is being played, I think it's important to look at it in the context of MCC. We actually had mentioned it to them out in Daytona that while we love Halo CE we don't think our niche community would travel to a tournament that uses that instead of either OG on/off host or NHE. Esportsarena was a pretty good example of how few people were interested, even though that was on OG

Hopefully we can show you guys some improvement production wise with Beach LAN. If you guys haven't seen some of the VA LANs, Devilman has worked some serious magic. This year we should be able to switch to a different station to broadcast on the fly. Hopefully eliminate a bit of noise issues as he set up the web cams to pick up only those players voice etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So if they do have a throwback halo 3 season, will Roy and lunch come back??

So if they do have a throwback halo 3 season, will Roy and lunch come back??

Roy has hinted playing in the H3 2v2

Do we know the settings for 2v2 yet? I really hope there won't be any objective gametypes, 2v2 objective has traditionally sucked.

I also wonder how the H3 MLG maps are supposed to work for 2v2: The Pit and Guardian will 100% lead to stalemates and Narrows is probably too large for 2v2. That leaves us with Construct, Heretic and Amplified. Citadel would be dope, but it's gonna be hard to bring a new map into the competitive rotation at this point. (still salty about this one btw, Citadel CTF/King/Ball 100% should have been in v8). New forge maps? Doubt it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because a lot of people are still pretty shit at H2 due to it been before their time, H2 might be the golden game but H3 is the golden era, more people know and can play H3, works better for events and grabbing attention online.

Which makes h2a the compromise
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Which makes h2a the compromise

Maybe if they had any maps for the game. Unfortunately they don't so it will never be the compromise even with forge.

I'm new to the Halo 3 MLG settings/maps. Is there any resource that I can look to see where everything spawns/timers and download the gametypes/maps and play them in customs?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because a lot of people are still pretty shit at H2 due to it been before their time, H2 might be the golden game but H3 is the golden era, more people know and can play H3, works better for events and grabbing attention online.

And H2 is literally broken rn in insider.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have seen enough of those  3 maps  for the rest of my life thank you very much.

What if we ask 343 REALLY nicely to redo midship and beaver creek again?

• Upvote (+1) 5