CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has anyone played on Guardian in hardcore? It shows that it's one of the maps,but I never played on it.

I've played Guardian a decent amount of times.

I agree with this. Even if the non-compeitive maps on H2 like backwash, Gemini, etc. I still enjoyed them from a casual perspective.

H3 onward had maps that truly were "meh". However, it still captured that element of fun that even when I wasn't wearing my try-hard pants, I could still have a good time with friends or queue by myself.

I think Reach also captured that element of fun, but I became more frustrated with certain game mechanics that pushed me away from the game. Now, with Halo 5, even when I'm playing social it just feels so sweaty. Maybe I'm just bad at the game now...

I think the number one reason it always feels sweaty is because you are so close to death even if you win a battle handily.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You and the young god team up. At least then there is only one blowout. What they should do is essentially give you guys a buy into the second round. let everybody else play each other at least once first, especially since this would obviously be a pattern.

I'm actually really glad to hear you agree. I couldn't tell if I was just being biased because I was winning and splitting up would decrease my chances.

I love the idea of having a "final boss" of a store. I think the first time you play against somebody on a higher level than you can completely change the way you think about the game, and giving players the opportunity to try that experience I think is cool.

Not saying I'm an incredible player, I wouldn't be on the top team at most of these stores I'm sure, but we only have a small group so I'm safe for now.

Our Dallas store had a large turnout as usual which is always good to see. We had over 10 teams. The blowouts are real. Me and a buddy blew out our games 25-1 or 2. Then we played a couple of ams (Article and In Reality) and got blown out. Some people I have seen getting blown out every month but still coming back with a smile and fist pumping everyone and its cool. Some people I never see again. They don't offer prizes for this reason and I think that is a good idea because it sets the tone for just have fun. Nothing is ever going to be fair or perfectly fun for everyone. Putting the pros and ams into later rounds is not a bad idea because letting rookies play other rookies does make for close games, just doubt anyone will ever do it.

That's awesome that you guys have a large group of people, sounds like a blast.

That's a good point about not offering prizes to set a tone. I never looked at it that way before. My store got spoiled due to the firat event we held there a little over a year ago where $240 of gift cards was given out. Since then everybody has asked about prizing, myself included. But not offering anything changes the tone quite a bit, you're right.

We had a really close game between second and third place that was really fun to watch which was awesome for everybody. It sounds like things are going well for you guys so I won't worry much about it on my end. Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very much do remember that. How neighbor didn’t spike his controller and then spike himself is beyond me.

That series was not what I expected. If anyone can put up with the blurry 240p I strongly recommend it. 

That series was not what I expected. If anyone can put up with Pit KotH I strongly recommend it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I never understood why they removed it from the circuit.

The spawns were pretty awful. The other team could spawn in your mauler, flag and cuts when you were all set up at a base during red/blue hill.

It's a shame we've lost Harry on the desk. While the observer experience has been top tier since Worlds, I miss his casting.

Same. It's a bittersweet feeling. Gained a good thing but lost a good thing when we want both.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aside from Clutch obviously. Wonderboy is the best analyst by far and something we've need for 3 years.

Shame :/.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That series was not what I expected. If anyone can put up with the blurry 240p I strongly recommend it. 

Oh how I wish all these streams got saved and archived from the source. I would actively pay a good amount of money to watch them at the highest res available.

• Upvote (+1) 1